Breaking Bad (Spoiler Warning)

Agreed.

There's surely no way all of the plot lines can be resolved in a single hour or so...

Of course, this assumes that Vince Gilligan intends to resolve everything.

Agreed.

There's surely no way all of the plot lines can be resolved in a single hour or so...

Of course, this assumes that Vince Gilligan intends to resolve everything.

Well what is there left to cover? 

Well what is there left to cover? 

The only thing left to cover is how/if Jesse will escape and what's going to happen to Walt after that. Everything else is already covered and depends on the results with Walt and Jesse.

Walt comes back to take down the nazis, reconciles with Jesse so they can take down both Uncle Jack and Todd respectively, leaves Jesse with the money under the promise he'll take care of it and give it to his kids one the dust settles down, goes on to take down Grey Matter, having nothing left to lose goes down as well. Ends up tragic for him, but ultimately his goal of providng for his kids' future is secured. Of course, this theory presents a bunch of problems, but I don't see why they couldn't pull it off in an hour.

• Like 2

I'm still liking my theory. I'll put it in spoilers just incase i'm correct and everyone rages.

Walt will take down the Uncle Jack and his crew, while sparring Jesse at the same time. He'll instruct Jesse or Saul to give his Family the money after he is gone and after the dust settles down. After Walt has got his money back, the only way to free his family is by either handing himself. This is where he'll hand himself in but take the ricin before that. So when he is in custody he'll die a couple of days later. After the last episode, i can see Walt giving Jesse some money and Jesse will then go and look after Brock.

No doubt that will be completely wrong and the writers have thought of something that none of us will expect.

I'm still liking my theory. I'll put it in spoilers just incase i'm correct and everyone rages.

Walt will take down the Uncle Jack and his crew, while sparring Jesse at the same time. He'll instruct Jesse or Saul to give his Family the money after he is gone and after the dust settles down. After Walt has got his money back, the only way to free his family is by either handing himself. This is where he'll hand himself in but take the ricin before that. So when he is in custody he'll die a couple of days later. After the last episode, i can see Walt giving Jesse some money and Jesse will then go and look after Brock.

No doubt that will be completely wrong and the writers have thought of something that none of us will expect.

Problem there is that

Saul has already stated he is "out" and already taken care of by the vacuum guy under a different name (and place).

Problem there is that

Saul has already stated he is "out" and already taken care of by the vacuum guy under a different name (and place).

True but i don't know who else he could trust. As he can't give them the money directly.

Problem there is that

I can't see Saul's exit being that plain sailing to be honest.. he's got to be in the final episode.

I have a gut feeling Walter will die sadly in the end, it seems to fit Breaking Bad's style!

I just watched the Conan Breaking Bad episode, was really good to see, the cast seem so fun together and I want to be their friends.

Thank you for the heads-up, I'll have to check this out.

I expect I'll quickly have Breaking Bad withdrawal symptoms after watching the final episode, so any links to additional interviews etc. will be useful.

I have another theory, if you think about it, Walt can't just give his family the money because where would the money come from and the issues with tax etc?  My guess is that it might be possible Walt might straighten things out G/E and give them the money for his family?

I rewatched the scene where Walt is at the bar just before he leaves. I also watched the part when the police come in. The time of the day is different both when the cops come in and Walt leaves. So I believe the police come in hours after Walter leaves.

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/705/tqm9.jpg

I rewatched the scene where Walt is at the bar just before he leaves. I also watched the part when the police come in. The time of the day is different both when the cops come in and Walt leaves. So I believe the police come in hours after Walter leaves.

http://imageshack.us/a/img818/705/tqm9.jpg

That could just be a continuity error. In any case, he was gone before they arrived, and that's all that matters.

Why do you guys think that something going to happen between Walt and "Grey Matter"? The scene with them (Elliott and his Wife) talking about Walt on TV was meant to trigger his anger from his missed opportunity, to stop him from sitting in middle of nowhere for months doing nothing. And that's all, you won't see them again in the last episode. There's just no reason to bring that story, when it's already over.

• Like 3

Why do you guys think that something going to happen between Walt and "Grey Matter"? The scene with them (Elliott and his Wife) talking about Walt on TV was meant to trigger his anger from his missed opportunity, to stop him from sitting in middle of nowhere for months doing nothing. And that's all, you won't see them again in the last episode. There's just no reason to bring that story, when it's already over.

Wasn't it left unanswered why the fallout happened? Or was it just because of Gretchen that Walt originally left the company? It was quite a while back, I can't remember all the details.

Wasn't it left unanswered why the fallout happened? Or was it just because of Gretchen that Walt originally left the company? It was quite a while back, I can't remember all the details.

What "fallout" are you talking about exactly?

The one where Skyler suspected that Walt cheated on her with Gretchen, while Walt when offered the money said to Gretchen that his "insurance" will cover his treatment and then telling Skyler that Elliott and Gretchen are paying for it (to not tell her where the money really comes from)... which later leads to Gretchen discovering that Walt lied to her about the insurance money after Skyler confronted her about Walt "cheating" on her. So Gretchen got mad and decided to not lie and told Skyler that they never paid for Walt's treatment. Which resulted in Skyler asking questions and Walt telling her that he has a gambling problem, as an excuse.

And unrelated to that, yeah, Walt left the company because of Gretchen and sold his shares to Elliot before the company got big.

What "fallout" are you talking about exactly?

The one where Skyler suspected that Walt cheated on her with Gretchen, while Walt when offered the money said to Gretchen that his "insurance" will cover his treatment and then telling Skyler that Elliott and Gretchen are paying for it (to not tell her where the money really comes from)... which later leads to Gretchen discovering that Walt lied to her about the insurance money after Skyler confronted her about Walt "cheating" on her. So Gretchen got mad and decided to not lie and told Skyler that they never paid for Walt's treatment. Which resulted in Skyler asking questions and Walt telling her that he has a gambling problem, as an excuse.

And unrelated to that, yeah, Walt left the company because of Gretchen and sold his shares to Elliot before the company got big.

I simply meant Walt leaving the company.

What makes you think they're not going to be in the finale? If they weren't going to be in the finale, then it truly makes no sense to bring the characters back into the show for two minutes of screen time as a plot device to turn Walt around (and this show is well known for not having plot devices). Walt had given up, sees the interview and you can clearly see how severely they wounded his pride. It wasn't losing his family, Walt Jr wanting him dead, the Aryan Brotherhood killing Hank or stealing his life's work, or that his signature blue meth was still being produced. None of this spurred Walt to action. Gretchen and Elliot's outright lies about him, directly attacking his hubris, that's his motivation now. With that being the case, again, why wouldn't they be in the finale?

In the few flashback scenes that have been shown, it's evident that Walt was a star or hotshot in the science field and there was a cockiness to him, a small scale Heisenberg if you will. He wasn't the sweet, nice man that Gretchen referred to in the early days of Gray Matter; rather, Walt progressed to that man over the years after his departure from Gray Matter, raising his family, being a chemistry teacher and living a simple life. We've seen him transform from that sweet man into Heisenberg, but after everything that's happened in the two years since, Heisenberg is defeated, dejected, and burnt out. Gretchen was right in that the Walt she knew is gone, because neither the cocky nor the simple Walt exist any more. Cranston's reactions and apparent emotional transformation during that scene were amazingly well done. The Walt we know from the first season is gone, as is Heisenberg. They've been replaced with something new; a prideful man, like Heisenberg, but without the persona's weight of power. A man who's lost everything, who knows the path he's on will ultimately lead to his death, and is intent on taking specific people down with him in the process. I believe that his main goal is to go after Gretchen, Elliot and Gray Matter, with the Aryan Brotherhood being a side matter once he realizes Jesse is probably still alive due to the blue meth being in circulation once again.

What makes you think they're not going to be in the finale? If they weren't going to be in the finale, then it truly makes no sense to bring the characters back into the show for two minutes of screen time as a plot device to turn Walt around (and this show is well known for not having plot devices). Walt had given up, sees the interview and you can clearly see how severely they wounded his pride. It wasn't losing his family, Walt Jr wanting him dead, the Aryan Brotherhood killing Hank or stealing his life's work, or that his signature blue meth was still being produced. None of this spurred Walt to action. Gretchen and Elliot's outright lies about him, directly attacking his hubris, that's his motivation now. With that being the case, again, why wouldn't they be in the finale?

In the few flashback scenes that have been shown, it's evident that Walt was a star or hotshot in the science field and there was a cockiness to him, a small scale Heisenberg if you will. He wasn't the sweet, nice man that Gretchen referred to in the early days of Gray Matter; rather, Walt progressed to that man over the years after his departure from Gray Matter, raising his family, being a chemistry teacher and living a simple life. We've seen him transform from that sweet man into Heisenberg, but after everything that's happened in the two years since, Heisenberg is defeated, dejected, and burnt out. Gretchen was right in that the Walt she knew is gone, because neither the cocky nor the simple Walt exist any more. Cranston's reactions and apparent emotional transformation during that scene were amazingly well done. The Walt we know from the first season is gone, as is Heisenberg. They've been replaced with something new; a prideful man, like Heisenberg, but without the persona's weight of power. A man who's lost everything, who knows the path he's on will ultimately lead to his death, and is intent on taking specific people down with him in the process. I believe that his main goal is to go after Gretchen, Elliot and Gray Matter, with the Aryan Brotherhood being a side matter once he realizes Jesse is probably still alive due to the blue meth being in circulation once again.

It makes perfect sense. I am almost 100% certain they won't be back at all. The entire story of Breaking Bad really started with what happened between him and Grey Matter, how he lost his future fortune by selling out for $5000. But it isn't Grey Matter that matters, it is the selling out for so little that matters.

Walt said he is in the Empire Business, remember? That's what matters. Walt built an empire drug business and he's proud of that, he's incredibly proud of the money he's made for himself and his family. He doesn't view that he's done anything wrong. Talking to Walt Jr, he realized it is all over, time to throw in the towel.

Listening to Elliot say that Walt's contribution to Grey Matter was only the title allow Heisenberg to start bobbling up again, and then Gretchen essentially compare Walt to a doormat was the icing on the cake. That's all that was for, nothing else. It was a setup point for Walt to turn back into Heisenberg, a setup for the end game.

I don't have any expectation that they'll be back for the finale, except maybe to make another small appearance on TV, if that even that.

It makes perfect sense. I am almost 100% certain they won't be back at all. The entire story of Breaking Bad really started with what happened between him and Grey Matter, how he lost his future fortune by selling out for $5000. But it isn't Grey Matter that matters, it is the selling out for so little that matters.

Walt said he is in the Empire Business, remember? That's what matters. Walt built an empire drug business and he's proud of that, he's incredibly proud of the money he's made for himself and his family. He doesn't view that he's done anything wrong. Talking to Walt Jr, he realized it is all over, time to throw in the towel.

Listening to Elliot say that Walt's contribution to Grey Matter was only the title allow Heisenberg to start bobbling up again, and then Gretchen essentially compare Walt to a doormat was the icing on the cake. That's all that was for, nothing else. It was a setup point for Walt to turn back into Heisenberg, a setup for the end game.

I don't have any expectation that they'll be back for the finale, except maybe to make another small appearance on TV, if that even that.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't see the finale playing out without involving Gray Matter and Gretchen and Elliot. Given the show's run of always being engaging and entertaining, I've no doubt that whatever they'll do will do the show justice and have a fitting ending.