Viber for Android - Free calls and text messages

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

• Phone: Galaxy Note 2

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:52

By the way, Viber is only using 2% battery, same as stock SMS app, so that's not bad at all. I believe Skype and Whatapp use more than that?

#17 cropcircles

cropcircles

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:58

If others have to have the app also to communicate then its not going to fly. Everybody has their favorite messaging apps and you can't force a Handscent user to use GO SMS.

#18 torrentthief

torrentthief

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:05

I have a PAYG sim so i don't have to pay for messages if i'm near wifi, also i use the voip in it but the audio quality varies depending on wifi signal i think. All my family have it installed so we just use that most of the time.

#19 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

Posted 31 January 2013 - 17:39

If others have to have the app also to communicate then its not going to fly. Everybody has their favorite messaging apps and you can't force a Handscent user to use GO SMS.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. I have tried Handcent and GO SMS and Viber is by far the best. People just need to try it I guess. GO SMS had a habit of not receiving messages and had issues sending messages too. Handcent crashed constantly. Haven't had a single issue with Viber yet. Everything works as described. 100 million users can't be wrong.

http://www.businessw...Users-Takes-Aim

#20 Kudo

Kudo

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2013 - 20:16

This app isn’t very heavy on resources, but quality reduced with low Wi-Fi or 3G signals.

#21 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:10

This app isn’t very heavy on resources, but quality reduced with low Wi-Fi or 3G signals.

Not at all

Posted Image

#22 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:00

I tried Viber some time ago and finally uninstalled it for two reasons:

-Poor call quality on 3G. It was just unusable when either me or my wife were not connected to wifi.
-No group calls.

It sucks that now I've to use several apps (whatsapp for chats, hangouts for group calls, sometimes Skype for individual calls), but I didn't find Viber to be a replacement for all of those, and I don't feel like using Viber to replace one of those for the same reason I'm not using gtalk instead of whatsapp (which would make a lot more sense): I'd have to get all contacts to move over as well.

#23 Scorbing

Scorbing

Halo Master

Posted 05 February 2013 - 16:20

I tried Viber some time ago and finally uninstalled it for two reasons:

-Poor call quality on 3G. It was just unusable when either me or my wife were not connected to wifi.
-No group calls.

It sucks that now I've to use several apps (whatsapp for chats, hangouts for group calls, sometimes Skype for individual calls), but I didn't find Viber to be a replacement for all of those, and I don't feel like using Viber to replace one of those for the same reason I'm not using gtalk instead of whatsapp (which would make a lot more sense): I'd have to get all contacts to move over as well.

Nothing sounds good (poor call quality) over 3G dude.

#24 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 February 2013 - 23:10

Nothing sounds good (poor call quality) over 3G dude.

It obviously doesn't sound "good", but I was able to hold a convensation while Viber would just drop the call.
Then again Viber's quality was a lot better than GTalk's when both of us were on wifi, back when I tried Viber.

Now I mostly just use Hangouts' group calls and the sound quality is really good, I don't know if Viber's would still be noticeably better.