124 votes

1. 1. Nexus S or Samsung Galaxy S II?

• Nexus S
    • Galaxy S II
    • Others(Only ATT/Android)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Posted

I have been looking for a new phone for few weeks now with ATT.

what do you think is better Nexus S
[url="http://www.neowin.net/news/att-google-nexus-s-now-on-sale-at-best-buy-for-9999"]http://www.neowin.ne...st-buy-for-9999[/url]

or

Samsung Galaxy S II

[url="http://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-to-be-released-in-the-us-next-month"]http://www.neowin.ne...e-us-next-month[/url]

43 answers to this question

Posted

I can get the Nexus S for $350 vs the Galaxy S 2 for $625 (lowest offered price). Damn just killing me right now, i keep turning down the Nexus S just because the Galaxy S 2 is so close but gotta stomach the price!

Posted

the SGS II is the best android device currently available.

Without question, that should be your choice if you can swing the price.

I bought it at $750 and I don't regret it for a second.

Posted

[quote name='BetaAddict' timestamp='1311736550' post='594193324']
Can't wait to get mine next week.
[/quote]
next week??? is it coming next week?

Posted

If you buy a SGS II from europe (imported, unlocked/unbranded) you will not be locked into a 2 year contract, and your phone will run on faster speeds with HSPA+ than the HSPA+ phones att sells in store (because they throttle in the firmware) AND will be able to do teathering without paying the extra charge per month to turn it on for a phone bought from att.

So you can go ahead and buy now.
[quote name='still1' timestamp='1312084498' post='594205058']
next week??? is it coming next week?
[/quote]
Likely talking about importing it for the reasons listed above. Its really a no brainer if you can afford it.

Posted

I would buy the Galaxy S II

Posted

I wish I could trade my iPhone 4 for a Galaxy S II but they don't have it on Telus.

I haven't used the GSII but I've read a lot of reviews and it looks like a very good device.

Posted

Galaxy S 2 for sure.

Mine is out of this world. Much better, much more responsive and cooler than any smartphone you'll find out there.

Posted

Can somebody answer this for me, What's so special about the SG2? (Except the hardware)

Posted

I have used both of them and personally I don't like Samsung's TouchWiz.
I kindda like Vanilla Android.
Nexus S is by no means an outdated phones since dual-core smartphones won't make a difference any time sooner.
If you are gonna show the benchmarks and speed tests to your family and friends, get a Galaxy S II
Otherwise Nexus S, because it is a lot cheaper and a little thicker which, in my opinion, helps in handling.
I don't like the extreme thinness of Galaxy S II. I mean iPhone 4's thinness was, lets say, ok to handle but Galaxy S II is way more thin.

So if money is not a problem and you wanna boast in your social-circle and can bear TouchWiz, get the Galaxy S II
Otherwise, save money and go for Nexus S. You won't feel any difference in terms of speed and routine performance.

Good Luck

Regards...

[quote name='Jan' timestamp='1312115787' post='594205606']
Can somebody answer this for me, What's so special about the SG2? (Except the hardware)
[/quote]

Design is another thing good but the TouchWiz and extreme thinness, in my opinion, keep it from being perfect.
It is still the most advanced smartphone you can buy

Posted

[quote name='MaryFarukh' timestamp='1312116035' post='594205610']
I mean iPhone 4's thinness was, lets say, ok to handle but Galaxy S II is way more thin.[/quote]

It's 8.5mm vs 9.3mm, so less than 1mm difference.

You can disable touchwiz when you root. Dual-core makes a big difference already (I upgraded from the Nexus S to the Galaxy S II, it destroys the Nexus in terms of speed).

Posted

the GS2 has set itself as THE standard for high-end android phones, so it will be the benchmark phone for next year.

snag an GS2 if you can =)

Posted

gs2 > ns any day.

Had a play with my mates gs2 the other week and it blows my ns out of the water in terms of speed.
It feels more fluid, screen is a lot nicer as well.

But that said both phones are fantastic and you should be happy no matter what you get.

Posted

Galaxy S II

Posted

I was gonna get the Nexus S for AT&T several times now but I kept killing the deal because I know i'd have buyers remorse right away. I see pricing on the original Galaxy S 2 has come down some more now and craigslist pricing for new sealed ones have also come down about $150-200 as well :) So i might just be pulling the trigger in about 3 weeks :)

Posted

Wait for Nexus/Droid Prime. :)

Posted

So pulled the trigger last friday and got the Samsung Galaxy S2. Soooooo glad I didn't get the Nexus S. The Galaxy S2 is smooth as butter and it's just feels great in the hand. The Nexus S felt kinda bulky and that typical Samsung "plasticky" feeling to it. Surely the SGS2 is all plastic too but it doesn't feel like that.

Posted

Go to sprint and get the Epic 4g Touch (SGS2). It's even better than the others.

Posted

I go with Nexus S, you can compile what ever is the current most current version of andriod (http://source.android.com/) and install it on that phone.
That and easier to root / replace with custom versions of andriod.