[pic]printers are evil

I once destroyed an HP Photosmart when it told me the almost full cartridges had expired.

I went and brought the cheapest Cannon printer that was < 1/2 the price of the replacement cartridges, and it still works fine two years on.

For my printer, I only replace cartridges when I start seeing empty streaks across pages. The printer does complain about empty cartridges on its LCD display but you can still dismiss the warning and print as you would.

A bit mental that some of you are talking of printers/AIOs refusing to operate on low/empty/non-existent cartridges :s

Printers are the #1 forgotten about device when setting up a computer and they are the #1 headache when troubleshooting.

Have 3 mfp's...one of the mfp's decides one day to stop printing the company logo, everything else prints just fine...just the company logo from 1 document. Would you believe the nic was bad? Yeah neither could I...everything else prints fine, logos print fine on other documents, 1 document logo doesn't print, switch nic between printers and the issue follows the nic. Really wtf.

My printer says that the black ink is empty, and I just put a new cartridge in. :blink:

Had mine for years now, never had any probs

Pixma%281%29.jpg

Pixma MP810. Prints discs, scans negatives, love it.

FR-187_1.jpg

Add a continuous ink system, and your golden :D

Save sooooooooo much money on ink.

FR-187_1.jpg

Add a continuous ink system, and your golden :D

Save sooooooooo much money on ink.

Is that a new species of squid...?

Just had a frickin BSOD becuase OF MY EVIL ****ING PRINTER!!!!!

I go to try to print a very important thing for my sister and it bsods right after I press the print button on the browser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(went to event viewer and sure enough it was the printer's ****)

I wanna go to the backyard to shoot it. I swear to ****ing god printers are EVIL ******** THAT WANT US DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Put some slugs into it that will solve my printing problems..... I got some heavy field load lead imma pump into it.

I agreed with everything in the OP until I got my new HP photosmart, I think manufactures are actually starting to realise the problems us normal people have with printers :p It's actually a little creepy how much it sets up on its own and changing the ink takes around 10 seconds. Compare this to my old Epson which very nearly took a few of my fingers during cartridge changing :blink:

:rofl:

Whoa there lady - breathe!

Inhale and exhale and repeat!

I got a hershey bar and I pet my cat and I feel better!!!!!