It's here!

The site is quite slow to load actually.

The first load may well be, whilst all the resources used are loaded up and cached for the first time.

So to the initial quibbles:

'Blog like' - the content is largely identical, so do give specifics there as I'm unclear.

'Slow loading' - initial page may be slow due to caching, but subsequent loads will be a lot faster than the old design.

'Forums too?' - yes, soon we hope.

I like the new layout of the comments and the addition of the "About the author" box, I also really like the little loading icon in the top right e.g when you change the feed between normal and headline :) The logo and favicon should be the same whether your on the frontpage or the forums, looks a bit silly when it changes depending on what your on

Give some specifics please, all feedback is welcome :)

Well, for starters, everything seems bunched together. So, my eyes are having to work a lot harder to discern the different parts of the front page. Maybe it's just me - currently, with the forums view, it is nicely spaced out and very easy to determine what is what.

I did change the news section to just headings, which makes it a little easier - the default presented too much text that was too much alike.

Same content, nothing is changed.

Extra exposure of gaming and software posts though, should hopefully help bring some life back to those areas :)

I don't like the left hand side icons under Gaming etc. If that was gone it would be ace.

EDIT: OK I just realized those icons are for the topics posted... for some reason it looks as though they are separate from the actual article. It looks weird.

You're working so hard on this and haven't put any effort into landscape support for IE9 Mobile...what gives...

It looks nice, but I don't really go on Neowin anymore on my computer, I go on my phone...which looks the same as before...broken landscape support... :rolleyes:

The new site is really really aesthetically delightful

Nice work guys.

A bit sluggish at first, even on my Core2Quad based system, but settles down after a little while. It was quite a surprise seeing

the site with a new look again. It doesn't seem long since the last revamp. Now that I think about it, how long ago was that?

Can't help thinking though, with the flatter look, and with Segoe UI set as the font, the site now looks kind of, Metro-ish.

I'd like to see Segoe UI become the default font for the forum, for those that have it active on their systems.

I actually think it looks better, but has become rather blogosphere ish! It's no massive deal, so to all the negative reactions, in a weeks time you won't even notice the difference tbh!

Nice work guys!

I personally like Tile 2 (of the light theme) since it gives more focus on the middle content :)

What's everyone else's favourite?

It would be nice if we could get the 'Headline' view and expand it as needed. I guess that's my major gripe. I can't deal with the 'Normal' setting, there's too much text - if we could expand Headline view then it would be much easier on the eyes, not to mention from Headline view you have to load each headline if you click on it.

Not sure if that's possible though.

News logos are only there for old posts. New posts will have proper images. I'm trying to update some of them now.

Woot can't wait to check it out then. :p

The web page does not load correctly on Firefox or IE9. I waited 5 minutes for the damn thing to load and It never showed a single story. Clicking through the different pages also showed nothing until I got to page 4. I jumped to page 2300 something, and it loaded near instantly. Went back to page 1, 2 ,3 and still nothing.

Firefox eventually started to show pages 1, 2, and 3 but IE9 has been sitting on page 2 for a half an hour now and nothing has shown up where you would expect the 'news' to show up. The adds, top of the page, and everything else has loaded but there is nothing of any news.

Damn fool thing to do. Updating your page without making sure that people can actually use it properly. That is what pushing a beta site is for.

I have a bug :

If I view the comments, if I press "Like" (Yes, new feature and I like it :D) I get an error message next to the like text saying "you already like this comment".

nice darkside remix..... usin the BG with the circles....

hmmm,

frontpage look like Metroish! not that it is bad thing ;)

as per usual, how long before the forum board follow suite?