Samsung Galaxy S2 vs HTC Sensation

I don't see any outline on mine on that image or any like it locally.

I tried two handsets and it's there.

Could have been a bad batch I guess.

A friend I know has one, I might bluetooth the screenshot to her and see if it's there.

Touchwhiz is just the launcher and not the internal core of Samsung's ROM, worth noting bevcause you can completely uninstall Touchwhiz and still have full functionality of the phone using an alt launcher like GoLauncherEX which IMO is much better.

If you remove SenseUI from a HTC phone then you won't be able to boot the phone properly at all. SenseUI has to be running in the background in order for the phone to work even if you use another Launcher app because it relies on a lot of core services to work together.

Samsung also employs hardware acceleration in everything whereas HTC's SenseUI does not.

Ahh, didn't realise you could uninstall Touchwiz.. can you add it back if you change your mind?

Assuming you can do this without root? :p

I think it's quite apparent that the SGS2 is a better phone than the Sensation. That's why I'm waiting for the next batch of phones from HTC. I just prefer their phones, and with the next HTC phones I expect them to have 8/16GB of internal memory. Come on HTC, release them already.

Ahh, didn't realise you could uninstall Touchwiz.. can you add it back if you change your mind?

Assuming you can do this without root? :p

You do need root to uninstall system apps on any Android phone but rooting it is so easy anyway so shouldn't be an issue.

You can restore it too, just use the backup you created before uninstalling it!

You do need root to uninstall system apps on any Android phone but rooting it is so easy anyway so shouldn't be an issue.

You can restore it too, just use the backup you created before uninstalling it!

Ah yeah, I have a rooted HTC Desire so I'm familiar with nandroid backups etc.. I thought you meant you could do it without rooting!