Trying to recover a lost session in Firefox

Ok, I have no idea HOW they pulled this off, but I let someone was use my computer for just a minute...... and by accident closed every single Firefox window EXCEPT the one he was on (I had several open with multiple tabs). So when he closed his window, my session was gone.

Is there any way I can find a history of what windows/sessions were just recently closed so I can try to restore it? I can't just use my history because some of those windows I hadn't accessed in a while.

There is a session backup in the profile folder. Don't close the current instance of firefox then,

1. Backup your profile folder

2. Now close firefox and delete 'sessionstore.js'

3. Rename 'sessionstore.bak' to 'sessionstore.js'

4. Start firefox

I think this will do it :unsure: if you haven't closed and restarted multiple times causing the 'sessionstore.bak' to be overwritten. You can open those files (sessionstore.js, sessionstore.bak) in a text editor to see the links.

5. Now install Session Manager :) - also at addons.mozilla.org for proper and easy management of browsing sessions. It always keeps 12-13 of your previous sessions as backups, you can save, restore etc.

Unfortunately, as I said, Firefox has been closed. I see no sessionstore.js or sessionstore.bak file.

Is there any way Firefox logged which windows and tabs were recently closed?

Those files are in a randomly named folder in %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Open them in a text editor to see whether any of the links from that session are there.

MozillaFirefoxProfile.png

Those files are in a randomly named folder in %appdata%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

Open them in a text editor to see whether any of the links from that session are there.

I know about the profile folder under AppData, sadly, there are no session files there other than some one-year-old sessionstore-1.js file.

Firefox Menu > History > Recently Closed Windows

Does it include windows from other sessions? I don't know this as I only open all my tabs in a single window.

I know about the profile folder under AppData, sadly, there are no session files there other than some one-year-old sessionstore-1.js file.

Then sorry man I don't know any other way. Hope someone more familiar with firefox have a better answer.

Firefox Menu > History > Recently Closed Windows

Does it include windows from other sessions? I don't know this as I only open all my tabs in a single window.

Yeah, I tried checking there too, they are empty :(

Yeah, I tried checking there too, they are empty :(

perhaps for future use, you should open a new session and instruct the user to just close that session and not yours so issues such as this can be avoided. I always do it and it always works.