Rise of the Planet of the Apes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318514/

Rise of the Planet of the Apes blends comedy with seriousness to deliver a believable origin story for Caeser and his ape followers. The pacing is good enough to keep you interested from beginning to end. And the movie even deals with issues of morality which, to me, was quite surprising. The quality of the CGI gave the apes a subtle yet noticeable human-like quality. It's honestly one of the best movies this summer and it's a must watch if you're a fan of the original or Tim Burton's 2001 remake.

My rating: 5/5

• 2 weeks later...

When he met the girl for the first time and she was tending to Caesars, was it just me or was Caesar making penis in mouth (Blow job) hand jesters to the guy. :laugh:

4.5 out of 5 for sure. I expected a very predictable film, but it totally impressed me.

The empathy from the apes towards the humans was astounding. And the way that the overall storyline has been changed yet still fits is quite frankly perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1318514/

Rise of the Planet of the Apes blends comedy with seriousness to deliver a believable origin story for Caeser and his ape followers. The pacing is good enough to keep you interested from beginning to end. And the movie even deals with issues of morality which, to me, was quite surprising. The quality of the CGI gave the apes a subtle yet noticeable human-like quality. It's honestly one of the best movies this summer and it's a must watch if you're a fan of the original or Tim Burton's 2001 remake.

My rating: 5/5

It was an excellent movie. I really liked Tim Burton's version as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

good movie however, i am not really a fan of these reboot movies for Planet of the Apes.