407698087.png

Developers: Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games, Raven Software, Treyarch (Wii), n-Space (Nintendo DS)

Publisher: Activision

Engine: IW 5.0

Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, Nintendo DS

Release Date: November 8, 2011

Description:

Like its predecessors, Modern Warfare 3 is a first-person shooter. Modern Warfare 3 will run at 60 frames per second.

Infinity Ward revealed that Modern Warfare 3 will feature a new Survival Mode. Survival Mode features one to two players fighting endless waves of enemies with each wave getting more difficult. Despite being much compared to the Call of Duty: World at War Nazi Zombies mode, enemies do not spawn at fixed locations like the zombies did, but instead at tactical positions based on the current location of the player. The mode will be available on all multiplayer maps in the game and in the mode, players can earn "cash" for items such as weapons, upgrades and ammo.

Infinity Ward has recently revealed that it has revamped the entire killstreak reward system. They have stated that while Treyarch had slightly improved the system, it was not enough to make the system feel perfect. Infinity Ward has also revealed that they are removing annoyances that make players rely less on skill and more on perks. To do this, they are removing certain perks that give players a power advantage over others who do not possess the same perk. Quick scoping has also returned, having been absent in Call of Duty: Black Ops. [Source]

Plot:

The game will immediately follow the events of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, where the Russian Federation continues its invasion of the United States of America, and has also expanded its offensive to Europe, including England, France and Germany.[12] Campaign stages are also planned for Somalia, Sierra Leone, Moscow and Dubai. Gameplay videos from E3 2011 in Los Angeles showed Delta Force soldiers forcing a Russian submarine to surface in the East River and boarding it before taking part in a mission to destroy a radar jamming installation on top of the New York Stock Exchange. [Source]

Links:

Screenshots:

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-20110725093402930.jpg

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-20110725093358118.jpg

call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-20110525040844694.jpg

Videos:

The new Spec Ops Survival trailer looks awesome.

As a PC gamer, we really got ****ed over with MW2. Activision is going to have to *really* fix this game up for serious PC play, otherwise, no deal. That IWNet bull**** isn't going to cut it.

I still feel as if this will be yet another direct console port.

I seriously do not get it. It looks exactly the same as the past MW series? Don't they have anything new and interesting? The humans/NPC's showing up on those videos look terrible, they seem like black covered cartoons and run like if they were retarded.

Those images do look pretty neat tho.

As a PC gamer, we really got ****ed over with MW2. Activision is going to have to *really* fix this game up for serious PC play, otherwise, no deal. That IWNet bull**** isn't going to cut it.

I still feel as if this will be yet another direct console port.

The only issue I had with the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 was the lack of dedicated servers. It'd be awesome if they removed "IWNet" and re-added support for dedicated servers but I doubt that would happen. Personally, I stopped playing Call of Duty games on the PC after Call of Duty 4. Surprisingly, it's quite enjoyable on the Xbox 360. More-so if you have real life friends to play with.

I seriously do not get it. It looks exactly the same as the past MW series? Don't they have anything new and interesting? The humans/NPC's showing up on those videos look terrible, they seem like black covered cartoons and run like if they were retarded.

Those images do look pretty neat tho.

It looks the same because it uses the same graphics engine. Any changes they make would affect the gameplay. I like what they've done with the killstreak and ammo/gun icons on the map.

I'm part of the sheep heard. I all ready pre-ordered mine. The Survival mode looks decent, the story line may be decent but there not adding dedicated servers again and the game going to be based around Call of Duty Elite Monthly fee for the map packs and so on. the long run this games going to be garbage for multilayer.

I'm part of the sheep heard. I all ready pre-ordered mine. The Survival mode looks decent, the story line may be decent but there not adding dedicated servers again and the game going to be based around Call of Duty Elite Monthly fee for the map packs and so on. the long run this games going to be garbage for multilayer.

But most of Elite is free and you can still buy map packs in the usual manner.

not going to pre order this time around, will just wait for bargain bin. (not by choice)

as said before, MW3 fails to offer anything new, its not even trying to compete with Battlefield in the graphics department. i have no plans to pre-order this at all

Spec Ops doesn't look bad, but it just looks so... unoriginal. It's like they're trying everything that's been done in those kind of game modes before. Just throwing in everything that all developers do and hoping it sticks.

I still may get this, but I seriously doubt it.

I haven't pre-ordered and probably will not either. I'm interested in the story, but the core gameplay looks identical to Modern Warfare 2. I might buy it upon release just to get the story, or I could rent it. Even as over the top as it is I'm intrigued to see how the story will be closed. In all probability it won't, and will lead to a fourth game, but still. I can see Battlefield 3 being my main multiplayer game, though I'm also looking forward to Skyrim and Saints Row 3.

looks good..

looks GOOOOOOD :p

conan style..

but then again

why arent the competing with BF3?? the graphics look so outdated.. Also the rest of it feels pretty much the same as MW2. I think the are just sticking to the winning formula

I think this is pretty much a guaranteed purchase for me now. Sure, Spec Ops Survival doesn't look terribly original, but it looks fun from that trailer. Spec Ops mode rescued Modern Warfare 2 for me (after I was tremendously disappointed with the competitive multiplayer), and I'm hoping this will be great as well. Besides, I skipped out on Black Ops, and now I'm itching for another Call of Duty game.

I'll definitely be getting it for the Xbox 360, though. I have a feeling that the PC version will be neutered as well. I will have Battlefield 3 to keep me occupied on the PC anyways.

why arent the competing with BF3?? the graphics look so outdated.. Also the rest of it feels pretty much the same as MW2. I think the are just sticking to the winning formula

The graphics are outdated because they're using the same game engine, as far as I am aware. Unless they come out with a new engine they won't be able to have mindblowing graphics in their games, though they chose against a new engine for Modern Warfare 3. I don't know why, but I believe the official explanation was that they were familiar with what they are using, and can make a better game that way. It is a winning formula for them though, mainly because of the Call of Duty branding. The franchise will continue to sell well as long as it is promoted as heavily as it is, rather than sales based upon the game quality. It'll probably be good enough though.

Will be getting this either way. I hated Black Ops. MW2 was still the best. Hopefully they can do better with MW3. (and I do know they are from different studios, but still, they should honour the COD title.).

Looks like Call of Duty alright. I'll most probably just play the SP once with an acquired version and then call it a day (considering it'll be over in like 4 hours...).

I wonder if they'll be able to break the sales records of BO.

I never planned on buying Modern Warfare 3 but after seeing the Spec Ops Survival trailer, I may actually get it. I don't plan on pre-ordering it though. I'm fine with buying it on release day. I'm interested to see the changes they've made to MP. I hope the perks are as balanced as they are in Black Ops.

So does anyone know when they will announce the PC version?

Good one! :laugh:

As well all know, Call of Duty has been all about the consoles since Modern Warfare 2, and the last proper PC title was the first Modern Warfare. Ever since we've had dodgy ports with a lack of dedicated servers (MW2), sub-par performance (Black Ops), and once again another outdated looking release based on the same exact gameplay mechanics (MW3). Until we get a new engine they'll never win over the PC crowd, and personally I'm done waiting. I've come to peace with the fact that Call of Duty is simply a console game these days, so I'll just move on to other games and let console users (and PC users who don't mind) enjoy it for what it is.

Here's a quote from Robert Bowling on developing a new engine, for anyone who hasn't seen it already.

That would be counter productive. An engine takes years and years to develop and get right.

I agree with him to an extent in that a developer shouldn't be creating a brand new engine for every single title (unless they're years apart and undergo major work), but at the very least you could enhance what you have. Every single COD title has looked the same since Modern Warfare 1, and that's just a shame. Surely they could keep framerates stable for the console crowd while still giving us a decent looking game.

looks good..

looks GOOOOOOD :p

conan style..

Good enough for me to poop on! :laugh:

Honestly I have always enjoyed the SP Campaigns, and I see no reason why I will not this time around either. MP is almost definitely a pass for me though, my time will be spent playing BF3.

Looks pretty good. I hope the play through takes longer this time around though. I got the significant other the last one and they were done it surprisingly quick... Not everyone plays the online maps...

Looks pretty good. I hope the play through takes longer this time around though. I got the significant other the last one and they were done it surprisingly quick... Not everyone plays the online maps...

Prepare to be disappointed then. All the money is to be made in multiplayer.