Vyk, it's not like you to be so negative...i was sure i was going to boycott this game until recently, but now i'm actually quite excited. it doesn't look half bad, and it certainly looks better than MW2!

Well, my dear Neo, it is because I have a bizarre love-hate relationship with Modern Warfares.

I have started Modern Warfares with Call of Duty 4. I have made lots of friends on that game gave me huge amounts of fun and I have very fond memories of it.

Then came MW2 with bigger maps, more weapons, more prestige, more game modes, more customizations. The main new things was the Spec Ops co-op mode.

On paper, that was great.

Along game the aimbots, rapid-fire controllers, wallhacks,aimbot, care-package glitchers, quick-scopers that ruined the game for some time but Microsoft and Activision did their jobs and most of the horrors of the early days are gone.

There are still some big balance problems but the game is playable and more importantly enjoyable.

After hearing the news and looking at the videos, I really have the feeling that MW3 is MW2 plus CoD: Elite, some minor change and a few things back from MW1 and I do not feel the excitement I had for MW2

This is the the begining of the fall / winter game deluge: there is Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3 coming out between end of September and beginning of November. I need to choose one

no matter what happens MW3 will be so much better than black ops and hopefully they fix the lack of stopping power. I hate being shot after i have unloaded half a clip into somebody :crazy:

Find Makarov is very nice attempt at making a MW movie.

Find Makarov: Operation Kingfish

The short film trailer:

They did an amazing job for sure.

After hearing the news and looking at the videos, I really have the feeling that MW3 is MW2 plus CoD: Elite, some minor change and a few things back from MW1 and I do not feel the excitement I had for MW2

THis is EXACTLY it. MW3 feels more like a COD Elite promo tool than anything else. MW2 erhm MW3 is just thrown in there to get people to buy the new version and sign up for Elite.

Though, I will say, the new Spec Ops mode seems to be fun. So I guess, even if its a rehash of MW2, I'm probably going to get it for single player and spec-ops.

They took out:

1. Marathon

2. Lightweight

3. Commando

4. Last Stand

4. Nuke

I'm honestly okay with all of those. The first three perks you listed just made it easier for people to abuse their knife attacks (especially Commando). Last Stand has been hated by Call of Duty players ever since its inception (just look at all of the CoD4 servers that will kick/ban you for having it on), so its removal is not surprising. And personally, I thought the nuke was a little silly. I didn't see it used very often though, so its removal is fairly insignificant in my humble opinion.

All of the tweaks/changes IMO sound great and I think the games looks great. They seem to have listened to the fans and have gotten their game together. I will be picking up the Hardened Edition as it seems to be a great deal.

I'm really not impressed with the changes they've made to the perks and "point streaks" (formerly known as kill streaks). I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to split the "point streak" rewards into three categories. Despite that, I'm still interested in purchasing the game for the maps, weapons, and various game modes (spec ops survival, kill confirmed, etc).

Though, I will say, the new Spec Ops mode seems to be fun. So I guess, even if its a rehash of MW2, I'm probably going to get it for single player and spec-ops.

Yeah, me too but I have downgraded my idea of getting the Hardened version or even an eventual Prestige one to a regular plain version.

I had a ton of fun and laughter playing spec ops with friends. I do look forward to it.

I'm honestly okay with all of those. The first three perks you listed just made it easier for people to abuse their knife attacks (especially Commando). Last Stand has been hated by Call of Duty players ever since its inception (just look at all of the CoD4 servers that will kick/ban you for having it on), so its removal is not surprising. And personally, I thought the nuke was a little silly. I didn't see it used very often though, so its removal is fairly insignificant in my humble opinion.

The horde of teleporting kangaroos bearing 10 foot long swords created by Marathon / Lightweight / Commando ranks high in my list of balance issues in MW2.

I am unhappy with the Tactical Nuke removal and not just because I have managed to pull some only recently (after almost 2 years, it is about time), it is the ultimate goal: someone who can align 25 kills without dying is worthy of it.

Sadly, some game mode have a tendancy to nuke abuse: domination for example. It is relatively easy to pull out because you can spawnkill the domination point.

I'm really not impressed with the changes they've made to the perks and "point streaks" (formerly known as kill streaks). I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to split the "point streak" rewards into three categories. Despite that, I'm still interested in purchasing the game for the maps, weapons, and various game modes (spec ops survival, kill confirmed, etc).

The points streak is a good idea for the objective-oriented mode like CTF, domination or sabotage, it gives incentive for players to actually care for the objectives and not just for their killstreaks.

Going into domination and being the only one trying to get the flag and ending up killed by defenders because the rest of my team is elsewhere has cost me way too many controllers.

I am not going in any of this mode without at least three friends I can count on.

Yeah, me too but I have downgraded my idea of getting the Hardened version or even an eventual Prestige one to a regular plain version.

I had a ton of fun and laughter playing spec ops with friends. I do look forward to it.

Same here. I planned on getting the hardened edition but after seeing the 45-minute MP video and reading about the details for MP, I figured it wasn't worth paying $99.

The horde of teleporting kangaroos bearing 10 foot long swords created by Marathon / Lightweight / Commando ranks high in my list of balance issues in MW2.

I am unhappy with the Tactical Nuke removal and not just because I have managed to pull some only recently (after almost 2 years, it is about time), it is the ultimate goal: someone who can align 25 kills without dying is worthy of it.

Sadly, some game mode have a tendancy to nuke abuse: domination for example. It is relatively easy to pull out because you can spawnkill the domination point.

I think that annoyed me the most in MW2. When it comes to close-quarters combat, you have less than a 1% chance to kill someone with MLC in a knife fight. As for the removal of the tactical nuke, I too am unhappy about that. It was something to strive for in MW2 so I was really looking forward to it in MW3, especially since my skill has improved considerably since I started playing Black Ops on release day.

The points streak is a good idea for the objective-oriented mode like CTF, domination or sabotage, it gives incentive for players to actually care for the objectives and not just for their killstreaks.

Going into domination and being the only one trying to get the flag and ending up killed by defenders because the rest of my team is elsewhere has cost me way too many controllers.

I am not going in any of this mode without at least three friends I can count on.

I understand the benefits but it's a shame they had to do that in order to encourage more team-oriented play styles. I also don't like the return of weapon sway while aiming down your sights. This will make 'stability' the most-used weapon proficiency. I do, however, welcome the other weapon proficiency options like breath (for longer breath) and impact (for bullet penetration). It can potentially free up a perk or weapon attachment which is a good thing.

As for the removal of the tactical nuke, I too am unhappy about that. It was something to strive for in MW2 so I was really looking forward to it in MW3, especially since my skill has improved considerably since I started playing Black Ops on release day.

I thought the nuke was just ridiculously silly. And I think the that people striving for killstreaks is exactly what kills the game, especially when a killstreak will just end the game. I'd much rather see such a capable player just score the objective to win rather than focus on huge kills scores.

But none the less I don't think this game is looking all that appealing.

I thought the nuke was just ridiculously silly. And I think the that people striving for killstreaks is exactly what kills the game, especially when a killstreak will just end the game. I'd much rather see such a capable player just score the objective to win rather than focus on huge kills scores.

But none the less I don't think this game is looking all that appealing.

I understand why someone would think it's silly but it's so hard to get that you'll rarely see it. As for the kill streaks, it was great for team deathmatch but not-so-great for objective-oriented game modes. That's where things change in MW3. The support strike package should encourage more team-oriented gameplay. After seeing more videos of MW3 and researching the various changes that were made, I'm beginning to like the game more now. So much more that I retract my earlier comment about the "point streaks" being split into three categories. The only major thing I dislike at this moment are some of the perk changes and the return of weapon sway while aiming down your sights (on an assault rifle).

• 3 weeks later...

This is from a recent interview with Robert Bowling:

"Not at all, there's no buy in on that sort of stuff," says Bowling. "We don't care about sales numbers, we don't care about competition, we don't care about beating anyone. Our 100 per cent focus is making a game that we're going to love to play, that we're going to be proud of, and that we know that our fans are going to play. To us, we don't care if there are three people playing it or 30 million people playing it. If there are three people having a great time then we've done our job correctly and we will be happy."

Source: IGN

Surely he wasn't serious.

This is from a recent interview with Robert Bowling:

Source: IGN

Surely he wasn't serious.

He was not serious and you can call him Shirley ...

There used to be a Achievements list on http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/achievements/ but now the list is empty.

There were standard Modern Warfare achievements: any difficulty campaign achievements, hardcode campaign achievements, normal and veteran achievements completion and some special ops .

Nothing in multiplayer from what I remember.

I found the list on http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/716748/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-achievement-list-is-out/

I cannot edit my previous post after the IPB upgrade. Bummer ...

• Back in the Fight - 5G: Start the Single Player Campaign on any difficulty.
  • Too Big to Fail - 10G: Destroy the Jamming Tower. Complete "Black Tuesday" on any difficulty.
  • Wet Work - 10G: Take back New York Harbor. Complete "Hunter Killer" on any difficulty.
  • Carpe Diem- 10G: Escape the mountain safe house. Complete "Persona Non Grata" on any difficulty.
  • Frequent Flyer - 10G: Defend the Russian President. Complete "Turbulence" on any difficulty.
  • Up to No Good - 10G: Infiltrate the village. Complete "Back on the Grid" on any difficulty.
  • One Way Ticket - 10G: Make it to Westminster. Complete "Mind the Gap" on any difficulty.
  • Welcome to WW3 - 10G: Save the US Vice President. Complete "Goalpost" on any difficulty.
  • Sandstorm! - 10G: Assault the shipping company. Complete "Return to Sender" on any difficulty.
  • Back Seat Driver - 10G: Track down Volk. Complete "Bag and Drag" on any difficulty.
  • We'll Always Have Paris - 10G: Escape Paris with Volk. Complete "Iron Lady" on any difficulty.
  • Vive la Révolution! - 10G: Reach the church. Complete "Eye of the Storm" on any difficulty.
  • Requiem - 10G: Escape the city. Complete "Blood Brothers" on any difficulty.
  • Storm the Castle - 10G: Discover Makarov's next move. Complete "Stronghold" on any difficulty.
  • Bad First Date - 10G: Find the girl. Complete "Scorched Earth" on any difficulty.
  • Diamond in the Rough - 10G: Rescue the Russian President. Complete "Down the Rabbit Hole" on any difficulty.

• The Big Apple - 25G: Complete "Black Tuesday" and "Hunter Killer" on Veteran difficulty.
  • Out of the Frying Pan... - 25G: Complete "Persona Non Grata", "Turbulence", and "Back on the Grid" on Veteran difficulty.
  • Payback - 25G: Complete "Mind the Gap", "Goalpost", and "Return to Sender" on Veteran difficulty.
  • City of Lights - 25G: Complete "Bag and Drag" and "Iron Lady" on Veteran difficulty.
  • The Darkest Hour - 25G: Complete "Eye of the Storm", "Blood Brothers", and "Stronghold" on Veteran difficulty.
  • This is the End - 25G: Complete "Scorched Earth", "Down the Rabbit Hole", and "Dust to Dust" on Veteran difficulty.

• Who Dares Wins - 40G: Complete the campaign on any difficulty.
  • The Best of the Best - 100G: Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.

• Strike! - 20G: Kill 5 enemies with a single grenade in Single Player or Special Ops.
  • Jack the Ripper - 20G: Melee 5 enemies in a row in Single Player or Special Ops.
  • Informant - 20G: Collect 22 Intel Items.
  • Scout Leader - 35G: Collect 46 Intel Items.
  • This Is My Boomstick - 20G: Kill 30 enemies with the XM25 in "Black Tuesday."
  • What Goes Up... - 20G: Destroy all the choppers with only the UGV's grenade launcher in "Persona Non Grata."
  • For Whom the Shell Tolls - 20G: Destroy all targets during the mortar sequence with only 4 shells in "Back on the Grid."
  • Kill Box - 20G: Kill 20 enemies with the Chopper Gunner in a single run in "Return to Sender."
  • Danger Close - 20G: Take down a chopper with an AC-130 smoke grenade in "Bag and Drag."
  • Ménage à Trois - 20G: Destroy 3 tanks with a single 105mm shot in "Iron Lady.")
  • Nein - 20G: Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth."
  • 50/50 - 20G: Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game with the same number of kills as your partner.
  • Birdie - 20G: Kill 2 enemy helicopters without getting hit in a Special Ops Survival game.
  • Serrated Edge - 15: Finish a Juggernaut with a knife in Special Ops.
  • Arms Dealer - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Weapon Armory.
  • Danger Zone - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Air Support Armory.
  • Defense Spending - 20G: Buy all items from the Survival Equipment Armory.
  • Get Rich or Die Trying - 25G: Have $50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.
  • I Live - 10G: Survive 1 wave in a Special Ops Survival game.
  • Survivor - 20G: Reach Wave 10 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
  • Unstoppable - 40G: Reach Wave 15 in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.
  • No Assistance Required - 20G: Complete a Special Ops Mission Mode game on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.
  • Brag Rags - 10G: Earn 1 star in Special Ops Mission Mode.
  • Tactician - 20G: Earn 1 star in each mission of Special Ops Mission Mode.
  • Overachiever - 40G: Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode.
  • Secret Achievement - 20G: Continue playing to unlock this secret achievement.

The achievements don't look insanely difficult, thankfully. I do fear that the Secret Achievement might be something to do with Multiplayer (reach the final Prestige?), though. The last Call of Duty game to have online achievements was Call of Duty 3, and I hated the concept of having an achievement for it. I hope the game is also about the same difficulty as Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran, because that game was quite easy to finish. There were a few tough parts here and there, but it was the easiest game in the series IMO.

can't wait :) i'm waiting for some online deals to prop up for the PC version before i pre-order. gotta save the monies! (60 bucks for a PC game is eww...). Or i want that prestige edition for 99 like the console players get.

The achievements don't look insanely difficult, thankfully. I do fear that the Secret Achievement might be something to do with Multiplayer (reach the final Prestige?), though. The last Call of Duty game to have online achievements was Call of Duty 3, and I hated the concept of having an achievement for it. I hope the game is also about the same difficulty as Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran, because that game was quite easy to finish. There were a few tough parts here and there, but it was the easiest game in the series IMO.

I'm quite skilled in MP but I found the SP campaign to be a bit harder than it should. I usually play on normal to enjoy the campaign without actually trying but I came across some levels that were frustrating to complete.

I just hope my friends don't buy the prestige edition. I don't want to pay for Call of Duty Elite.

Can someone tell me the details of multiplayer.

I mean will it be like the original modern warfare where you open the multiplayer and choose a server and start the game or will there be some other complications?

and does the game supports local servers?

Depends, I have some painful memories of certain passages of both Modern Warfares campaigns.

I won't argue - there definitely were some hard moments in both campaigns, but I don't think Modern Warfare 2 had as many as Call of Duty 4. That game was brutal in some places. "No Fighting in the War Room" was probably one of the most frustrating missions because the route you had to take was so clear, but you had so many enemies thrown at you that getting through easily was a bit more than a challenge. I'd say the hardest missions in Modern Warfare 2 were probably the ones in the Brazilian favelas. There are so many enemies on the rooftops that you'll be killed a lot without ever knowing where the enemy was.

Indeed, I still haven't done the airplane level on hardcore.

That's the level in the aircraft graveyard near the end of the game? There's not much I can really advise, except that you stick to the wrecks of the planes, and drop the MP5k for something heavier. Seeing as you're fighting Shadow Company and Makarov's men, you'll be able to find quite a few ACRs. They're worth taking because of their accuracy. The tip the game gives you, to let them kill each other off as much as possible, isn't much use. They'll shoot at each other but then they'll all turn on you seeing as you're the main enemy.

When you get to the plane fuselage you have to drop from to go down a hill, you can snipe a few enemies first and make sure nobody will be following you. I don't think they'll follow you down the hill but getting shot from behind is frustrating all the same. If you dropped the sniper rifle, then you can use the ACR or whatever weapon you've managed to grab. It's a tough mission, and I'm fairly sure these tips aren't going to be too helpful, but I hope they'll be of some use at least.

I'm quite skilled in MP but I found the SP campaign to be a bit harder than it should. I usually play on normal to enjoy the campaign without actually trying but I came across some levels that were frustrating to complete. I just hope my friends don't buy the prestige edition. I don't want to pay for Call of Duty Elite.

I can understand where you're coming from, because the campaign on Veteran has to be played in a completely different manner to multiplayer. The series is known for fast-paced gameplay, but you're expected to take a completely different path through the game on higher difficulties. I start by playing the game through on Recruit, just to finish the campaign. After that I move on to a Veteran run of the story, but I don't always do so immediately. During the Recruit run I get to see what weapons I can scavenge from what enemies, what areas of the game world are going to be troublesome, and where I can make things a little easier for myself (eg. could I blow a car up to kill a handful of enemies?). When I'm playing I don't really consider it as being out of the ordinary but it seems to work.

That's the level in the aircraft graveyard near the end of the game?

No No, I mean the air plane level at the end of the origional Modern Warefare. I found hardcore much easier in MW2 than I did in Modern Warafre, and easier still in Black Ops. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue.

No No, I mean the air plane level at the end of the origional Modern Warefare. I found hardcore much easier in MW2 than I did in Modern Warafre, and easier still in Black Ops. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue.

Oh yeah, Mile High Club? That mission is the closest thing to torture that you could possibly enjoy. The feeling of achievement when you finish it on Veteran is amazing though. All I can suggest for it is that you drop the MP5 and USP as soon as you find an M1014 and P90. Don't reload the M1014 once you've run out of ammo - there's simply not enough time to. Switch to the P90 and spray, and keep moving up as best you can. It works, but unfortunately finishing it is still a challenge since there's quite a large degree of luck required. If enemies come in a pattern you're not expecting or are faster to fire back... the entire thing, in that sense, requires luck and liberate usage of Flashbangs. It's still quite hard to do, but good luck!