I didn't get to play very long last night since dinner and sleep got in the way. I only made it to Act 1: Chapter 4

(right after the grocery store level)

. I've been playing the game in 3D as well, and I have to admit it looks awesome. The extra depth really adds to the experience quite a bit. The only issue I've seen with 3D (that was the same issue in Black Ops) was that it's definitely "different" when you're shooting at enemies. The extra depth means it's not "flat" so you have to take that into account when firing, but even though they said the 3D was tacked on, it works really well. Can't wait to play more of the game later though. Seems like the weekend can't come fast enough.

Got my Epic Edition in a while ago, was verry impressed with the Build Quality of the Addins with exception of the Marcus Statue, feels to " Cheap ", the Statue for Halo Reach was a higher Quality then the Marcus. if you want i can put up more pics when i get home and can spread things out easier

the Case for the gamethough is awsome, its a Rubbery Felt Like Big Case that holds the COG Award, with the Game Case (Case has dog tag on front and clear except for the tag ) + Aditional stuff. seems verry sturdy. well together built ( except marcus statue )

-snip-

You put the Lancer wrong. It should be on its side. And do you have any idea how to make the paint glow at night?

Goddamn

Lambent Beserker

is a b1tch on hardcore.

Like I said when we were playing, I've never faced a boss that annoying in my life -- and that includes old school games. I'm ready to beat it down at 1 p.m. today :laugh:

I didn't get to play very long last night since dinner and sleep got in the way. I only made it to Act 1: Chapter 4

(right after the grocery store level)

. I've been playing the game in 3D as well, and I have to admit it looks awesome. The extra depth really adds to the experience quite a bit. The only issue I've seen with 3D (that was the same issue in Black Ops) was that it's definitely "different" when you're shooting at enemies. The extra depth means it's not "flat" so you have to take that into account when firing, but even though they said the 3D was tacked on, it works really well. Can't wait to play more of the game later though. Seems like the weekend can't come fast enough.

I thought the 3D was better than I expected it to be, but I wound up turning it off actually. I did enjoy the depth that you mention, but the obvious hit in the overall graphics and the AA was not worth it IMO. I just feel the game looks much, much better when 3D is disabled. Might check it out here and there a few more times, but I am not feeling as if it has to be in 3D.

Only got to the very beginning of Act II last night, playing CoOp with my friend, but so far so good. I can say just based on the Campaign I am not truly blown away as I thought I may be from all of the glowing reviews. Do not get me wrong, it is incredibly solid and really polished, but that is to be expected IMO when the game has been in development for 3 years and it is towards the end of the consoles life's cycle. I just expected more I guess, and it really is just the culmination of taking what was done in the previous games and improving on them. That is not a bad thing at all, but I think I may just be reaching a point I am getting a bit tired of all of the sequels and looking for something new. I fear I may feel the same way when playing Uncharted 3. As good as the game is, and as much fun that can be had, it is really hard not to have a feeling of been there done that at times.

You put the Lancer wrong. It should be on its side. And do you have any idea how to make the paint glow at night?

The paint is light sensitive, so put it under a light source and it glows in the dark,

As far as the Lancer, it doesnt fit any other way, the Leg gets in the way of the sight, have to break the lancer to get it to fit properly.... Another addition to the "feels cheap" catagory

I literally feel that the bust of my Halo Reach is miles better quality wise then the Marcus Bust

I thought the 3D was better than I expected it to be, but I wound up turning it off actually. I did enjoy the depth that you mention, but the obvious hit in the overall graphics and the AA was not worth it IMO. I just feel the game looks much, much better when 3D is disabled. Might check it out here and there a few more times, but I am not feeling as if it has to be in 3D.

Only got to the very beginning of Act II last night, playing CoOp with my friend, but so far so good. I can say just based on the Campaign I am not truly blown away as I thought I may be from all of the glowing reviews. Do not get me wrong, it is incredibly solid and really polished, but that is to be expected IMO when the game has been in development for 3 years and it is towards the end of the consoles life's cycle. I just expected more I guess, and it really is just the culmination of taking what was done in the previous games and improving on them. That is not a bad thing at all, but I think I may just be reaching a point I am getting a bit tired of all of the sequels and looking for something new. I fear I may feel the same way when playing Uncharted 3. As good as the game is, and as much fun that can be had, it is really hard not to have a feeling of been there done that at times.

I haven't tried playing it with the 3D off yet. One complaint I do have, other than the increased jaggies, is that because I have to wear the glasses, everything is darker than it should be, so I may try it with 3D off later, but for now, I'm enjoying it for the most part. As far as the game itself goes though, one thing is for sure, I don't like the lambent lol.

I can say just based on the Campaign I am not truly blown away as I thought I may be from all of the glowing reviews. Do not get me wrong, it is incredibly solid and really polished, but that is to be expected IMO when the game has been in development for 3 years and it is towards the end of the consoles life's cycle. I just expected more I guess, and it really is just the culmination of taking what was done in the previous games and improving on them. That is not a bad thing at all, but I think I may just be reaching a point I am getting a bit tired of all of the sequels and looking for something new. I fear I may feel the same way when playing Uncharted 3. As good as the game is, and as much fun that can be had, it is really hard not to have a feeling of been there done that at times.

I expected better as well. It just doesn't have a whole lot of variety or original ideas.

One of my main problems is the environments are completely different than what I'm used to in Gears games. There's really almost none of the cool urban decay kind of stuff that really gave the first two games a lot of atmosphere. And, so far, the levels really aren't very interesting -- it's the standard stuff you've come to expect in shooters (defend area, grab item, typical boss battle, etc). It just feels like a throwback to me more than it feels like an advancement. I felt like Gears of War 2's campaign actually advanced the series -- I can't say the same for Gears of War 3's campaign thus far (and, mind you, I'm only about halfway through it, so that can really change). Also: I felt like the story's been lacking thus far. I got much more of an emotional impact from the second game, and I also feel like it's striving so hard to be that Michael Bay-esque blockbuster, with lots of forced humor (instead of simply snide commentary every once and a while like the first two(.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but based on the beta I'm sure it will easily be the best of the Gears series and one of the best this console generation.

So, while it's early and my opinion could change, I'd say the singleplayer is an 8.5/10 and the multiplayer is a 10/10. Razor, me and two other people are going to continue work on the co-op campaign in a little less than an hour, so I'll probably update my opinion later in the day.

Edit: Also, off-topic, but Seriously 3.0 is the worst achievement ever, tied with the Quake 4 achievement for being the top-ranked player in the game. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired from Epic. Achievements should be difficult but doable -- not something that costs hundreds to thousands of hours of playtime.

Even though really polished, the co-op campaign is still really glitchy/buggy. As host, I'm Marcus and sometimes when I shoot my weapon, it doesn't shoot. Or sometimes it shoots itself without me even touching the trigger. At first I thought Marcus was posessed. LOL. :laugh:

I haven't tried playing it with the 3D off yet. One complaint I do have, other than the increased jaggies, is that because I have to wear the glasses, everything is darker than it should be, so I may try it with 3D off later, but for now, I'm enjoying it for the most part. As far as the game itself goes though, one thing is for sure, I don't like the lambent lol.

Yeah, I suggest giving it a shot with no 3D. I started it in no 3D, then enabled it about an hour later, played for about 60-90 minutes in 3D, then took about 20-30 minutes of turning it on, turning it off, just to compare, and I really felt it just overall looked so much nicer without the 3D. Again though, I did enjoy the depth it provided, and I actually found it easier to shoot weapons with it enabled, but the sacrifice in graphics is pretty damn noticeable when you enable it, so ultimately I thought it was not worth the sacrifice. Once I beat the campaign, I am sure I will enable it again here and there just to enjoy it.

I expected better as well. It just doesn't have a whole lot of variety or original ideas.

One of my main problems is the environments are completely different than what I'm used to in Gears games. There's really almost none of the cool urban decay kind of stuff that really gave the first two games a lot of atmosphere. And, so far, the levels really aren't very interesting -- it's the standard stuff you've come to expect in shooters (defend area, grab item, typical boss battle, etc). It just feels like a throwback to me more than it feels like an advancement. I felt like Gears of War 2's campaign actually advanced the series -- I can't say the same for Gears of War 3's campaign thus far (and, mind you, I'm only about halfway through it, so that can really change). Also: I felt like the story's been lacking thus far. I got much more of an emotional impact from the second game, and I also feel like it's striving so hard to be that Michael Bay-esque blockbuster, with lots of forced humor (instead of simply snide commentary every once and a while like the first two(.

I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but based on the beta I'm sure it will easily be the best of the Gears series and one of the best this console generation.

So, while it's early and my opinion could change, I'd say the singleplayer is an 8.5/10 and the multiplayer is a 10/10. Razor, me and two other people are going to continue work on the co-op campaign in a little less than an hour, so I'll probably update my opinion later in the day.

Edit: Also, off-topic, but Seriously 3.0 is the worst achievement ever, tied with the Quake 4 achievement for being the top-ranked player in the game. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be fired from Epic. Achievements should be difficult but doable -- not something that costs hundreds to thousands of hours of playtime.

Yep I agree, the levels/environments, while definitely larger in size and scope and better looking visually, are pretty darn lackluster. And in my time playing it, I had at least two instances where the main objective was to turn some kind of switch to proceed out of the current environment. Definitely more throwback in approach and not an advancement.

I do need to stress, I am enjoying playing it, it is a damn fun time, and I also did play the MP Beta and I already know that will be good, and just based on all of the modes, etc. MP is where it is at I can easily say, but I also do not plan on playing all that much MP due to time limitations and other games coming out. So most of my experience will be, for better or for worse, based on my experience with the SP campaign.

Even though really polished, the co-op campaign is still really glitchy/buggy. As host, I'm Marcus and sometimes when I shoot my weapon, it doesn't shoot. Or sometimes it shoots itself without me even touching the trigger. At first I thought Marcus was posessed. LOL. :laugh:

Hmmm, cannot say I experienced anything like that at all, and I was host as well, Although most of my play time was just me and my one friend, we did have 4 people at one point, and people were coming in and out (without me even knowing at one point LOL) and I did not see any of what you are describing with the weird glitches, etc.. All I really encountered was the occasional everything freezes because everyone warps to a certain area all at once. So I actually was very, very impressed by how smooth it did run. With all that said, guaranteed now tonight I will see everything you mentioned plus more since I am sharing the fact I did not see none of it. :laugh:

Is it true they're charging $45 for all the weapon skins? Craziest DLC price I've ever heard of if true :blink:

Agreed, i was interested in the wep skins, saw the price, ill stick with my Infected Omen from the Epic Edition. So far other then the digital camos havent seen anything better

Anybody here bought "Season Pass". I'm interested if it's worth buying.

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think you will see any benefits of the Season Pass right away, actually maybe a few weapon skin packs and animations or whatever it is, but I think the real purpose of the season pass is to secure ALL future DLC to be released at a set price with a 33% discount.

Someone could correct me if I am wrong, but I do not think you will see any benefits of the Season Pass right away, actually maybe a few weapon skin packs and animations or whatever it is, but I think the real purpose of the season pass is to secure ALL future DLC to be released at a set price with a 33% discount.

I got the season pass, and it only states map packs. So unlikly there will be anything other then map packs it goes toward. it already doesnt give me the wep skins that are avaliable now.

I got the season pass, and it only states map packs. So unlikly there will be anything other then map packs it goes toward. it already doesnt give me the wep skins that are avaliable now.

Thanks for the clarification. So it really is just future Map Packs and nothing else. IIRC it said for the release of 4 map packs to be exact.

Way I see it, at 33%, it is a good investment for those who plan on playing the game for the long haul as Ayepecks stated before.

I personally have no clue how long I will wind up playing the game, so although I was tempted as it is a good deal, I am going to pass myself. I just know my gaming habits, and I tend to go from game to game to get a new experience. About the only game I see me deviating from that pattern from is BF3.

Razor and I are going to finish the final two chapters in about 30 minutes. The last act is amazing so far -- definitely the best of the five. The fourth was better than acts two and three as well.

Beat the game.

Dont really like that Dom died. I liked that character. Funny to see Carmine actually survive this one.

Good game none the less and.

Damn. Note to self. Do not read the forums on an iPad if I am currently playing the game. Totally saw the spoiler. :pinch:

I knew this too, just was not thinking. I kind of had already heard about this particular thing though, so was not a huge spoiler luckily.

Damn. Note to self. Do not read the forums on an iPad if I am currently playing the game. Totally saw the spoiler. :pinch:

I knew this too, just was not thinking. I kind of had already heard about this particular thing though, so was not a huge spoiler luckily.

I read it, hoping it wasn't something too big. Damn.

I read it, hoping it wasn't something too big. Damn.

Sorry man. It was not big for me as I had already read it somewhere else, well not the particulars, but the overall concept. But it is no doubt a pretty large spoiler.

I actually got to that part in the game tonight playing, so saw it first hand. Was handled pretty damn tastefully I thought/

The paint is light sensitive, so put it under a light source and it glows in the dark,

As far as the Lancer, it doesnt fit any other way, the Leg gets in the way of the sight, have to break the lancer to get it to fit properly.... Another addition to the "feels cheap" catagory

I literally feel that the bust of my Halo Reach is miles better quality wise then the Marcus Bust

Do you know how long the statue have to absorb light? Mine isn't lighting up. lol.

Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow. I spent yesterday evening in Horde mode, we got our asses handed on by the horde on wave 20 on Trashball. It is much more difficult. Salvaging is much more limited and there is just a truckload of locusts on the last waves.