Getting really excited about this now. Really going to try and get to level 100 (and the gold omen weapon skins). Don't know how easy that'll be when I'm just playing Horde, depends how they distribute the XP I guess. At least you earn XP in every mode now.

Getting really excited about this now. Really going to try and get to level 100 (and the gold omen weapon skins). Don't know how easy that'll be when I'm just playing Horde, depends how they distribute the XP I guess. At least you earn XP in every mode now.

You should aim for playing on those XP events. Hope this can help you out on when you are getting your wings.

You should aim for playing on those XP events. Hope this can help you out on when you are getting your wings.

Ah no, I've given up on those. I'm only level 58 as it is and don't have the time to grind to 100 before the 20th. You need more than 6 million XP for level 100 and I've barely cracked a million. I meant get to level 100 in Gears 3, the reward is the golden omen weapon skins. It all depends on how difficult they made it to rank up though. IIRC in the beta I got to level 38, can't remember exactly though, but I didn't play that much.

I'm almost positive that Epic's said that you'll earn XP in every mode now, including the campaign. I could be wrong, but that's what I seem to recall reading.

I'm almost positive that Epic's said that you'll earn XP in every mode now, including the campaign. I could be wrong, but that's what I seem to recall reading.

I know :p That's why it should be easier to rank up this time round. Getting the wings in Gears 2 is a grindfest.

Seriously can't wait for this game. Only 12 more days left. Does anyone have any more info on how the 3D will work in Gears 3, other than knowing that it will have a 3D mode? My new 3D tv is being delivered tomorrow, and even though I didn't buy it for 3D, since it has it, I want to play the game that way lol.

Seriously can't wait for this game. Only 12 more days left. Does anyone have any more info on how the 3D will work in Gears 3, other than knowing that it will have a 3D mode? My new 3D tv is being delivered tomorrow, and even though I didn't buy it for 3D, since it has it, I want to play the game that way lol.

Well, even Rod Fergusson says the 3D looks dodgy, so don't hold your breath. By the sounds of it, it was a very late, possibly rushed addition.

Well, even Rod Fergusson says the 3D looks dodgy, so don't hold your breath. By the sounds of it, it was a very late, possibly rushed addition.

That's the impression I got when I read it would support it, that the implementation was an after thought and wasn't really designed for it. But I also read that they would be implementing better 3D support into Unreal Engine directly, so they can improve it through patches. Then the XDK is also supporting 3D as well now too, so the 360 itself will have better 3D support. A couple months ago I couldn't care less about 3D, now I'm excited.

Review copies of Gears of War 3 have begun to be distributed to the press, and with one of these copies, we?ve finally got a confirmed character roster list for both the COG and the Locust. Oddly enough, both Bernie and the Onxy Guard are missing in action. Keep in mind, these are only the retail characters and DLC characters are not included.

Cog:

Marcus Fenix

Dom Santiago

Augustus Cole

Damon Baird

Anya Stroud

Jace Straton

Dizzy Wallin

Samantha Byrne

Cog Gears

Cole Train ? Unlocked via Beta/Unlockable during progression through retail

Clayton Carmine ? Level 14

Classic Marcus ? Earn Silver Veteran Medal

Classic Dom ? Level 17

Classic Cole ? Level 23

Classic Baird ? Level 30

Civilian Anya ? Level 45

Unarmoured Marcus ? Complete Campaign (Any difficulty)

Benjamin Carmine ? Level 34

Superstar Cole ? Earn Gold MVP Medal

Aaron Griffin ? Unlock on Facebook

Chairman Prescott ? Earn Silver Allfathers Medal

Victor Hoffman ? Level 50

Anthony Carmine ? Level 75

Golden Gear ? Earn Bronze War Support Medal

Locust:

Locust Drone

Savage Drone

Grenedier Elite

Savage Granedier

Myrrah

Savage Theron Guard ? Complete 12 waves of Beast (Any Difficulty)

Theron Guard

Hunter

Beast Rider

Miner

Spotter ? Level 20

Flame Grenadier ? Level 26

Kantus ? Earn the Gold Medic Medal

Sniper ? Earn the Bronze Headshot Medal

Genadier ? Reach Level 39

Golden Hunter ? Earn the Gold Master At Arms Medal

Golden Miner ? Earn the Gold Rifleman Medal

Hunter Elite ? Reach Level 60

Skins list:

Unlocks:

Chrome

Gold

Gold Omen

Crimson Omen- Hammerburst/Retro/Gnasher/SOS from doing things in-game.

Flame

Team Insignia

Onyx

DLC:

Infected Omen

Liquid Metal

Liquid Green

Paid:

Garish

Artic Camo

Desert Digital

Desert Camo

Deadly Cute

Childs Play

Blood

Electric

Flower

Haze

Imulsion

Rainbow

Team Pulse

Oil Slick

Ocean

Thunderstorm

Team Distress

Team Metal

Tiger Stripe

Jungle Digital

Tribal

Urban Digital

9ssz29.png

So this is where there go with micro management.

Got the game in my mailbox today, big mistake by a Norwegian webshop who sent it out yesterday to everyone who preordered the game. Haven't had the chance to put it on yet though.

Got the game in my mailbox today, big mistake by a Norwegian webshop who sent it out yesterday to everyone who preordered the game. Haven't had the chance to put it on yet though.

You lucky S.O.B. :angry:

Don't attempt to play it yet. Especially if you have your Veteran Gear from Gears 2. It will somehow screw up some updates and you might not get your gold gun skins.

Cannot wait for this... I hope to score a LE from Best Buy, hopefully when I get there they have some left.

I'm not going to the Downtown midnight madness. lol. I know it's going to be hell, however, I'll have to wake up early around 7am to check my near Best Buy out if there is a line up. I want my EE!

The dreams in which I'm dying: Ars reviews Gears of War 3

gearsfeature-4e6e3f5-intro-thumb-640xauto-25364.png

The good

A great single-player campaign, and a wide variety of multiplayer modes mean you won't run out of things to do

Good variety of fun weapons and ways to use them

The classic formula still works

Beautiful graphics

A siege battle with multiple layers? So much fun

One of the most important characters in the series goes out with a whimper, not a bang. It's entirely appropriate.

Multiplayer is full-featured and expansive

The series comes to an end, without dangling a sequel in front of you

The Bad

There are still some questions left unanswered

Some of the enemies are more annoying than scary and/or satisfying to fight

Sometimes the game's levels get bogged down in fetch quests

The dialog is often stupid

The underwater scene was so close to Episode One I kept expecting to see a Gungan

The Ugly

Check out how they make that animal-barge move forward. I felt bad for it

Verdict: Buy