iPhone contacts to Exchange

This help ticket just came across my desk and we don't have any idea in my small IT group (and lack a spare iOS device)... so i'm asking here while googling.

Problem: User created ~300 contacts on his iPhone, which are stored only on his iPhone. Unknown if has been syncing with iTunes.

Request: Migrate contacts to their exchange account so they are not lost if phone is reset/damanaged/replaced, etc.

Any app or directions would be appreciated :)

Setup an Exchange account on the phone and under "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" settings and that account make sure Contacts is set to on.

Setup an Exchange account on the phone and under "Mail, Contacts, Calendar" settings and that account make sure Contacts is set to on.

Doesn't seem to sync already contacts already created on the iPhone? I don't have the device in hand at the moment.

That should sync Contacts that are on the phone to Exchange, whether it was created before or after the Exchange account.

I checked the phone. Exchange is set up, and contacts sync is "on".

If I create a new account, it syncs. But the contacts that were imported by verizon won't sync.

Hmm...

Found the problem... the other contacts are in a different group. There is a "MyPC" group and a "exchange" group. Those in exchange get synced. Now to figure out how to schange it...

I haven't done this, but this is an idea....

Use itunes to export the contacts to csv....import the csv into a outlook client that is attached to your exchange server...

contacts will sync with phone during next phone sync (probably as you are importing).

I haven't done this, but this is an idea....

Use itunes to export the contacts to csv....import the csv into a outlook client that is attached to your exchange server...

contacts will sync with phone during next phone sync (probably as you are importing).

Yep, that's what I'm doing now, since the user was willing to give up his iPhone for a bit.

Thanks all :)