How much of an iPhone is made by Samsung?

APPLE doesn't make the iPhone itself. It neither manufactures the components nor assembles them into a finished product. The components come from a variety of suppliers and the assembly is done by Foxconn, a Taiwanese firm, at its plant in Shenzhen, China. The ?teardown? graphic below, based on data from iSuppli, a market-research firm, shows who makes what inside the iPhone, and how much the various bits cost. Samsung turns out to be a particularly important supplier. It provides some of the phone's most important components: the flash memory that holds the phone's apps, music and operating software; the working memory, or DRAM; and the applications processor (A4) that makes the whole thing work. Together these account for 26% of the component cost of an iPhone....

http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/apple-and-samsungs-symbiotic-relationship?repost=true

post-376446-0-52308300-1313519273.png

You know... I think at the end of the day, Steve Jobs and whoever the guy from Samsung is called sit together, drinking an ice cold beer or tea or whatever and go like "you know, dude... no hard feelings. That's the business." and the other guy says "aaaaaw dude, no problem, go ahead... we make tons of money, just like you, so you know whatever man, cheers! Hows the missus?" (it doesn't matter who is who)...

I would bet 100 bucks... no, everything I have, even, that Apple knows exactly, how much of the iPhone comes from Samsung because, you know, Apple designed it and they know who builds it for them.

BUT interesting image nevertheless.