Extacting multi-part RAR files?

I have unarchiver, but when I click the first part it just extracts that one. How do I force it to extract each archive into a single file?

If this is what you mean, you?re clicking on the file that has "part 1" in the name, I don?t think it should work.

You?re supposed to have a "master rar file" with no "part" in the name, and this file?s linked to all others. You have to double click on this one to extract all the rest altogether.

If the RAR archive is put together properly then The Unarchiver will extract it correctly. It sounds like this isn't a multipart archive, but more of lots of archives containing files or lots of archives containing multipart archives. Extract try and manually extract a different archive *not the first* and see what happens.

If this is what you mean, you?re clicking on the file that has "part 1" in the name, I don?t think it should work.

You?re supposed to have a "master rar file" with no "part" in the name, and this file?s linked to all others. You have to double click on this one to extract all the rest altogether.

Not sure where you got that idea, but it is 100% wrong. There are two naming schemes for rar files.

The older one (pre-3.0 mostly) has files listed as:

filename.rar

filename.r00

filename.r01

etc.

Although those typically get sorted with the .rar file last (due to the way Windows Explorer and Finder sort them). With those, you should begin extraction with the .rar file (even if it is listed last in a folder listing)

The newer scheme has files listed as:

filename.part001.rar

filename.part002.rar

filename.part003.rar

etc.

With those, you should always begin extraction with the part001.rar file.

Oh, and add my vote for MacPar Deluxe. While it is primarily a Par program, it also extracts Rar files nicely. It uses the official RarLabs command line executable file internally to process the Rar files.