Photo

Is this the best FREE screen video recorder ever?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 wrack

wrack

Wireless Robotic Android Calibrated for Killing

• 2,579 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 00:37

Looks nice, I shall check it out. I am using Camtasia Studio at the moment and happy with it but one of my client may like this since it is free and their IT is tight to release budget for her.

#17 mancode20

mancode20

Neowinian

• 882 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:00

Does this program, or any one out there have different profiles? Say for example you want to record using a set screen size on one chat program like AIM, then another on Skype, or Yahoo. Also, to have multiple screen sizes for each profile. So you could make a profile called Yahoo, then have two set screen sizes. One for a small window recording, and another for full screen recording. I know you can do things manually, but I'd like profiles for easy switching between the various screen sizes.

I'm currently using Camtasia, but I'm having a very annoying issue that I think is caused by Windows 7. I'm not sure what it's called, but I changed the Win7 setting that allows you to like zoom in and make fonts bigger. I set it to like 125 instead of the usual 100 or whatever it is. The problem is when trying to record full screen in Yahoo, that green rectangle doesn't always show up. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. It must be a bug because of that option I changed. I'm really hoping they fix this!! Anyone ever experience this? I know I can hit F9 to start recording, but then I need to manually drag the green rectangle to cover the entire screen. I want it to save my last used setting and always show the green rectangle. It could also have something to do with my screen size being 1920x1200. I think it happens on Skype as well. I'm hoping I can find a good recording program that won't have this issue.

#18 Ace

Ace

Neowinian

• 690 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:57

mkv and avi are both just containers... They have little to do with the actual codec.

That's my point! The AVI container has quite a lot of limitations which are solved by using MKV instead. Also, it would be pretty stupid to put H.264 video in an AVI.

#19 +ChuckFinley

ChuckFinley

member_id=28229

• 9,696 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:06

This looks excellent thanks!

#20 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

• 6,180 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:26

Should also add http://obsproject.com/ to the list. It's great streaming program, which you can also record with too (can output to file).

#21 ashpowell

ashpowell

Neowinian

• 739 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:45

Was going to say screenr.. but this actually looks pretty decent