Flaunt Your Windows 8 Screenshots here

I have auto hidden the task bar , thought it makes more sense this way as the only thing i would possibly use it is for either time or seeing minimized windows...

(png files are so big :/ 4 times bigger than jpg)

post-293012-0-65457000-1331106495_thumb.

Quite like the retro XP start button. :p

FLmYU.jpg

SYeKN.jpg

On my laptop though, I hide the taskbar entirely, and do all my window switching thanks to this lovely little thing that comes with Microsoft Intellimouse software

tLY4c.jpg

They should really make it a part of Windows sometime.

And my laptop start screen for good measure. Not a fan of the DPI scaling - same res as my desktop, but shows one less line of metro apps

Zy32B.jpg

See, when I look at that I remember a screenshot months ago that had all those desktop tile but even smaller, maybe it was just some photoshop concept thing though but I can't find it anywhere now. Basically it showed the desktop tiles without the names and just the icons so that they took up even less space.

See, when I look at that I remember a screenshot months ago that had all those desktop tile but even smaller, maybe it was just some photoshop concept thing though but I can't find it anywhere now. Basically it showed the desktop tiles without the names and just the icons so that they took up even less space.

I think those were probably the icons you get when you zoom out on the start screen - can't have them there by default.

Here is what my start screen looked as of last night:

How do you name the start categories such as Media, Apps etc?

How on earth did you manage to get the XP start button?

How do you name the start categories such as Media, Apps etc?

1. Go to the start screen

2. Hold ctrl + scroll down on the mouse wheel (or click the magnifying glass in the bottom right of the screen) to zoom out

3. Right-click on a group of apps

4. Select 'name group' on the bar that appears at the bottom

V23, whats that font?

Was using Token Light on 7, but got tired of Moochromatic ones, and changed back to default.

Haven't tweaked them in 8, but these look good

V23, whats that font?

Was using Token Light on 7, but got tired of Moochromatic ones, and changed back to default.

Haven't tweaked them in 8, but these look good

It's the default font, haven't changed it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally started using the Startscreen, and even though the apps pinned here are mostly on my Taskbar anyway, I still find myself using it to launch apps.

post-350302-0-63199400-1333297108_thumb.

post-350302-0-49322300-1333297140_thumb.

• Like 1

A couple of screengrabs I made from my Windows 8 CP install a few weeks ago . . .

First, the Desktop . . .

Win8CP-desktop-20120313.png

Second, the element many are bitching about ... the Metro Start Screen, with an emphasis on Desktop apps . . .

Win8CP--MetroUI-Start-screen-20120313.png

. . . and after further customisation 3 days later . . .

Win8CP--MetroUI-Start-screen-20120316.png