Saudi Arabian restaurant 'fines diners for leaving food'

Speak for yourself, I am not having problems with obesity.

Why the **** should I pay if I can't finish my dinner ?

Like it was said by some people here, it's fine when it's in a all-you-can-eat types of places, but never in a million years will I go to a restaurant that did this **** to me.

They should put a huge warning sign that they are fining people for not finishing their dinner, see how that works for them.

Just out of spite I'm going to order a pizza and take a picture of it half finished, on its way to the trash bin.

Some of you are so high on "morality" you forget that it's none of your (or the restaurant's) business.

unless you are taking care of all the trash, yes it is the restraunts business. They are allowed to impose any fees they want. And this isn't for people who get a few plates. It's for rich *******s who order hundreds of plates of food, and eat a tenth of it. Leaving them to clean it all.

Cultural thing perhaps? Here in Ireland I never see anyone take, ask, or be offered to take their leftovers home. Yet everytime I'm over in Olive Garden on Chili's you bet I take it home ;)

I would do it, hell, pay for lunch and get dinner free :b

Seems logical. Why order if you are not going to eat it. Better order less but several times if you are still hungry, then order more and throw stuff away.

unless you are taking care of all the trash, yes it is the restraunts business. They are allowed to impose any fees they want. And this isn't for people who get a few plates. It's for rich *******s who order hundreds of plates of food, and eat a tenth of it. Leaving them to clean it all.

Even if it is made for the rich ones, it still doesn?t make it right.

They got their money for their food, I don't give a **** that they need to throw away the leftovers and rinse the dishes.

And you?d be right to tell me to not dine there, that?s what I?d do.

At the end of the day the restaurant is there to make money, if they think fining people is the best way to do it then by all means go ahead and do it, if people had any self control they?d boycott the **** out of them to show them who?s boss.