This is like crack cocaine on the PS4.

I had forgot to import my PS3 save though so was missing all my ps3 pre-order content and when I done it it wiped my new character :( Had to start a crusader again. But it's cool, I have all my content now and a DH at level 60 from my PS3 days.

I played the demo on the PS3 and i will continue to just play it on PC as i have since the original launch. However, sometimes i wish that they would allow you to use the console UI for the game. I like a lot of it better than the way they do it on PC.

Level 49 crusader just now and this just dropped. Guess I'll be switching from sweep attack to blessed shield lol

IMG_20140830_212705.jpg

The whole feel of blessed shield is just "oh so much better" than sweep.  Sweep is good for conserving Wrath.  Blessed shield and shield bash use a lot of wrath.  I recommend going with Provoke and/or Shield Glare (w/ Zeolous Glare) to use for wrath generation along with blessed shield.

Or just get a reapers wrap. The plan drops from Malthiel (sp?) after you kill him the first time. At least it should. I don't know if they ever fixed that bug.

These have the added bonus of rolling elemental damage, which should be a very high priority stat.

Serious exp exploit being reported on the forums. People are already paragon level 450+ in the new season.

And apparently this latest exploit has been known for about 2 weeks. Good job blizzard. Why were seasons so important again?

So my gf and I finally finished the game on the PS4 (Story I mean, we're still in the 60's level wise and haven't done any rifts yet... just did our first couple bounties last night).  I've been thinking of starting a new character in Hardcore mode.  The issue is that each of us also have a solo character we play and she seems to generate quite a bit of Nemesis enemies, rofl.  Since I'm her only PSN friend with the game they ALL come after me so I've fought like 4 of them on my single player character so far (I just finished Chapter One on Expert) and it's always a tough fight for me.  I'm about 50/50 with them but I was thinking that making it to level 70 on Hardcore is going to be darn near impossible if I have to fight a large number of Nemesis enemies over the life of the character.  Is there a way to disable Nemesis enemies in Hardcore games?

I can't believe such a bad exploit went unnoticed during the PTR. Yikes.

This and that other "exploit" that gives a player massive XP by playing on T6 by completing bounties that do not require killing any mobs has really made the 'season' concept a complete joke. I'm still playing my season character because a buddy is playing his, but I haven't even cracked open the leader boards since the first day.

Be interesting to see what Blizzard does to the folks who took advantage of the exploit. It is Blizzard's fault that the exploit existed in the first place. The damage may already be done.

I can't believe such a bad exploit went unnoticed during the PTR. Yikes.

This and that other "exploit" that gives a player massive XP by playing on T6 by completing bounties that do not require killing any mobs has really made the 'season' concept a complete joke. I'm still playing my season character because a buddy is playing his, but I haven't even cracked open the leader boards since the first day.

Be interesting to see what Blizzard does to the folks who took advantage of the exploit. It is Blizzard's fault that the exploit existed in the first place. The damage may already be done.

Apparently blizzard has never once banned or done a rollback on people who have abused exploits except for when it involved real money. And the purpose of online-only play was...?

So that answers that. Next time an exploit comes up you either join in the fun or get left behind.

• 2 weeks later...

A simple change that would make G-Rifts a better experience: allow the initiator of the greater rift opening to select the level of the grift.  Should allow up to the level of their keystone IMO. Right now a buddy and I are farming all of the leg gems from the grifts and it is silly that we have to sit and wait around for the timer to catch up in order to not be forced into a high level grift.

I'm fine with doing a trials run and 1 grift run with a public group. But I make it clear that after the first grift, I'm going to upgrade my gem and not the keystone and be done. Finally learned my lesson on this after the 3rd public group of doing these. Inevitably, the first grift run is awesome and we smoke it. The second one is at a much higher level and nearly impossible for the group to make it to the end.  Better to just upgrade your gems and if the folks you are playing with want to keep running grifts say that you'd be glad to but will start with another trial run.

Wait till you get the weapon that removes the cost of Blessed shield.. then you just pew pew.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/annushka-1314/hero/44220154

I've got it, pew pew indeed. Clearing T4 now okay. Think I might need to go 2H for T5/T6 though. There's a highly sought after 2 hander that does 2 casts of fury. I'm using all Akhans, but with a RoRG I can use 2 other set pieces as well and get their bonuses. Captains wraps or guards or something I'm using. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still addicted to this on PS4.

How my build currently looks while rocking T5 - http://imgur.com/a/LaQNq

I was gambling for a witching hour belt, but this one has a pretty sweet -30% damage reduction on melee (and another dropped in most recent rift lol).

Do the PS4 and XBO versions of this game have the full physics effects from the PC version?

I know that the PS3 and X360 versions do not.

Next gen and PC are identical minus being a patch behind.

I picked this up in the Battle.net sale (including reaper of souls).

Anyone got any tips? Things i should prioritise?

There was a battle.net sale? God i missed it :(

I picked this up in the Battle.net sale (including reaper of souls).

Anyone got any tips? Things i should prioritise?

#1 priority: Have fun.

Haha. That is my priority for any game.

I was hoping for some more specific help :laugh:

#2: Have more fun.

Don't rush, especially on your first playthrough. Talk to everybody, see everything, do every quest and dungeon. Ignore gear. Enjoy the game first, then you can go farm competitively if you're feeling like it.

Haha. That is my priority for any game.

I was hoping for some more specific help :laugh:

I don't disagree with elenarie, but thought you may be looking for some more...guidance.

One thing new players may not fully understand is how difficulty settings work. In general, it should take no more than 2-3 "hits" to kill trash and no more than 15-25 seconds to kill an elite. Increasing the difficulty inflates mob HP far more than the damage that they do (which, I don't necessarily agree with, but it is what it is). Basically, if it is taking FOREVER to kill stuff but you aren't dying you should still consider lowering the difficulty because you will probably earn more gold/xp by progressing more quickly at a lower difficulty.

At the same time, if you are basically 1 shotting everything then you might want to increase the difficulty.

Once you reach max level, as of v2.1, probably the most productive activity is to farm Act 1 bounty caches for the Ring of Royal Grandeur (RoRG). This is done in Adventure mode and is best to do it on Normal. If you join an online Public game set for "Bounties" on Normal Adventure Mode, all of the players will be farming that Act 1 bounty for the RoRG in the Act 1 Cache (the leg bonus is basically required to compete at higher levels).  What you do is something called "split bounties".  Join a public Normal difficulty Adventure mode set for "Bounties" and join a game. Once you join, open the map and go to Act 1 and just pick any bounty that is not currently being worked on by another player. Try to complete the bounty as quickly as possible (just run past mobs unless killing them is part of the bounty). Once you finish the bounty, open the map and find another one that is either not being worked on or (if none are free) join up with someone and help them finish the bounty faster. Once all the bounties for Act 1 are done, collect your Bounty cache reward, exit the game, rinse and repeat. If you do that process until you get your RoRG, you will also have A LOT of Rift Key fragments and Marquise Gems. I think I read somewhere that the RoRG has a 1% drop rate. That doesn't necessarily mean that if you run 100x Act 1 bounties you will get 1. Some "lucky" folks will get it on the first cache drop. Someone considered "unlucky" may take 150 - 200 caches before they see one. That is probably the biggest complaint about the current Season setup because RRoG is really the 1 item that required to progress across all classes. Someone who is exceptionally unlucky with those rolls may not hit the leader boards because of that.

After that you'll have a TON of keys and are ready to move on to Rifts. Pretty much the next step is to farm Rifts for your class uber set. That can either drop in the Rift on T1+ difficulty or potentially Kadala from Blood Shards.

Hope that gives you some direction. There is more work to be done than that, but that should give you some "goals" for when you hit 70. What I found with my Demon Hunter in Seasons is that my 6 piece Maurder set bonus trumps any stat optimization by far. Not sure if that is the case for other classes, but at least for DH it seems more reasonable as a first goal to get the set pieces and as a secondary goal to optimize stats. I was stuck in T1/T2, and went to T5/T6 after I got my set bonus and am not working on optimizing stats.

• 1 month later...

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I know it's fairly old now, but I have just got into playing Diablo 3, currently playing the Campaign. My parents have been and bought me the Expansion, Reaper of Souls, if I install this now, would I lose my current game and/or Hero, or would I get a choice of what to play?