Come on now, the #1 argument people used before the game was released for why the game needed to have an 24/7 online connection was that it would prevent people from duping items or cheating the game. And the id issue is still in the game as of last night.

It was said it would make it harder to exploit, not impossible. It's not like Battle.net accounts in D2 were immune to issues. Games still have bugs. However, at least this way they can be patched quickly.

This is my source for saying it's fixed: https://eu.battle.ne...40046095?page=1

As I predicted, this game is all but dead 2 months in. It's nothing but bots anymore. Granted, there are a few players scattered here and there, but most of them are terrible and barely speak English (go figure). The only thing keeping this game going is the RMAH. Blizzard HAS TO know about all the old-schoolers that have turned their backs on them after this disaster. There is no "vocal minority". I agree with the above article; Blizzard's rep has gone down the ******.

It was said it would make it harder to exploit, not impossible. It's not like Battle.net accounts in D2 were immune to issues. Games still have bugs. However, at least this way they can be patched quickly.

This is my source for saying it's fixed: https://eu.battle.ne...40046095?page=1

Well everyone in that thread is retarded....I just tested the normal method of doing this as of an hour ago and was able to get not only the ranges, but the exact attributes of an item before I ID'ed it, after IDing it, the values I got were right.

I got my wizard to 60 and now have a barb to 52. I still find the game extremely fun although another poster seems right that players rarely speak English. In fact, most parties don't speak at all or even stay together. It seems relatively easy to get to 60 so I don't know what kind of playability there is after you beat Diablo on Inferno. It would be nice if there were some raids or something else to keep players interested.

I got my wizard to 60 and now have a barb to 52. I still find the game extremely fun although another poster seems right that players rarely speak English. In fact, most parties don't speak at all or even stay together. It seems relatively easy to get to 60 so I don't know what kind of playability there is after you beat Diablo on Inferno. It would be nice if there were some raids or something else to keep players interested.

Replay-ability tanks once you get to inferno and need to grind for gear/gold in act 1 (if you can even do that once you get there) for hundreds of hours to progress (100 hours on my barb and monk, I have farmed up 14m gold counting drops selling in the AH that I can't use and can farm A2 if I want to, but I can farm A1 with 166% MF before neph valor yet I still can't progress any of my characters through Act 3).

Diablo III's only end-game (even stated by Blizzard themselves) is the gear grind/item hunt, once you get to a point that it is required just to progress through the acts, you are at end-game.

Replay-ability tanks once you get to inferno and need to grind for gear/gold in act 1 (if you can even do that once you get there) for hundreds of hours to progress (100 hours on my barb and monk, I have farmed up 14m gold counting drops selling in the AH that I can't use and can farm A2 if I want to, but I can farm A1 with 166% MF before neph valor yet I still can't progress any of my characters through Act 3).

Diablo III's only end-game (even stated by Blizzard themselves) is the gear grind/item hunt, once you get to a point that it is required just to progress through the acts, you are at end-game.

So essentially, there is no end-game that is any different from the game as it is. Haha, well I'm glad I stopped playing at Act I Inferno. I'm against using the AH so I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to grind for gear for another couple weeks. Don't really care enough to do it though. Hopefully Blizzard brings a patch out that will strike my interest and I'm sure I'll be all over the expansion whenever that is released. But for now I'm done with this game. Its been a blast leveling my barb to 60 and my wizard to 54 but the repetition needs to lead to something other than more repetition for me to keep playing it.

So essentially, there is no end-game that is any different from the game as it is. Haha, well I'm glad I stopped playing at Act I Inferno. I'm against using the AH so I'm pretty much stuck unless I want to grind for gear for another couple weeks. Don't really care enough to do it though. Hopefully Blizzard brings a patch out that will strike my interest and I'm sure I'll be all over the expansion whenever that is released. But for now I'm done with this game. Its been a blast leveling my barb to 60 and my wizard to 54 but the repetition needs to lead to something other than more repetition for me to keep playing it.

If you don't want to use the AH then you will be farming for months, not weeks to progress. I can understand people not liking the RMAH but I'm not sure what people have against using the GAH. I've been farming act 1 inferno for 3 weeks and have not gotten one single upgrade from my own drops.

If you don't want to use the AH then you will be farming for months, not weeks to progress. I can understand people not liking the RMAH but I'm not sure what people have against using the GAH. I've been farming act 1 inferno for 3 weeks and have not gotten one single upgrade from my own drops.

This. The game was designed around the AH. I didn't get ANY good drops between Nightmare and Hell. As such I was getting constantly slaughtered. I HAD to use the AH just to be able to even progress.

I can understand people not liking the RMAH but I'm not sure what people have against using the GAH.

Well for me the fun part of games like this is in actually getting the drops. If I just buy them off the AH why am I even playing?

I view the GAH the same as trading with more convenience (search for the item you want, sell items when you are not online, etc)....the RMAH is another story, though I love that I am using other people's money for items I find for buying other games.

Does anyone know of the Staff of Herding blacksmith plan drop is a random deal in Nightmare or Hell mode or ? Because I was in the Pinnacle of Heaven area and it just dropped off a random purple mini boss guy. lol Now I feel like farming for the other 3 things I need to finish it....even though I've been to whimsyshire.

Also, my Monk is 51 almost 52 and just got to Hell mode. She's getting obliterated by any blue and up mobs now. And when I say obliterated I mean one hit jobs. Which considering I have a heal and like, pots is amazing to me at this point :(

Well for me the fun part of games like this is in actually getting the drops. If I just buy them off the AH why am I even playing?

I understand that but sadly the way blizzard has set the game up means you are unlikely to get a good drop that you can actually use.

Does anyone know of the Staff of Herding blacksmith plan drop is a random deal in Nightmare or Hell mode or ? Because I was in the Pinnacle of Heaven area and it just dropped off a random purple mini boss guy. lol Now I feel like farming for the other 3 things I need to finish it....even though I've been to whimsyshire.

Also, my Monk is 51 almost 52 and just got to Hell mode. She's getting obliterated by any blue and up mobs now. And when I say obliterated I mean one hit jobs. Which considering I have a heal and like, pots is amazing to me at this point :(

It drops off Izual for any difficulty. You need to reget it for each difficulty if you want to access Whimyshire for that difficulty. It upgrades the staff though, so you only need to gather the foot, mushroom, and other things once.

Does anyone know of the Staff of Herding blacksmith plan drop is a random deal in Nightmare or Hell mode or ?

It drops from Izual on any difficulty (so farming normal is the best way to go). The other parts drop or are found in various places but they are rare spawns and a few of them can take quite a while to get. Here is a guide for finding everything: http://d3domination.com/diablo-3-guides/how-to-unlock-whimsyshire/

Meh so that means I can only use the staff if I make it on Nightmare, unless I get the drop on Normal and Hell and Inferno now? Lame.

Also, why am I having so much trouble with keeping gold. I had like 350,000 yesterday and now I'm down to nothing. I hate that. :D

*shrug*. I think it just bypasses the game.

My first play though on my Barbarian I used the GAH a few times up to level twenty-something and then found I didn't really need it and stopped for awhile. When I made it to Hell difficulty (around level 50), I was being absolutely slaughtered by the rare mobs on Act I. It was frustrating but I was trying to farm the items to get through it, because I was still enjoying the challenge of it all. A friend of my fianc? jumped in a game with me and really started insulting me because I wasn't using the AH, basically said I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know how to play the game. Ok... So whatever, he ****ed me off but I checked into upgrading 2 items on the AH (my main and boots I think because I wanted faster movement speed). Got those, put them on, great. Now the game feels EXACTLY like it did when I started playing on Act I Normal mode except that now I have more fireworks... ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but that is how I felt about it.

Now playing through on my Wizard and have tried to resist using the AH (although I will admit, I did buy some boots because that movement speed is so damn useful), but over all I'm enjoying the game more because I am taking my time and I am enjoying the challenges that even HELL mode offers. I don't want HELL mode to be Normal mode or Nightmare mode...

Ultimately, all you are doing is playing the same exact content over-and-over again anyway. If you care to get through Inferno mode within weeks of starting the game, go for the AH. I'm not going to dock you or consider you any less of a player for using the AH. But for me, I want to just play and enjoy the progression of the game at the pace I'm at and really don't care if I ever beat inferno difficulty.

If I play it a few hours here and there, who knows I might actually beat it one of these days or just completely lose interest. We'll see.

You're way under geared.

*shrug*. I think it just bypasses the game.

My first play though on my Barbarian I used the GAH a few times up to level twenty-something and then found I didn't really need it and stopped for awhile. When I made it to Hell difficulty (around level 50), I was being absolutely slaughtered by the rare mobs on Act I. It was frustrating but I was trying to farm the items to get through it, because I was still enjoying the challenge of it all. A friend of my fianc? jumped in a game with me and really started insulting me because I wasn't using the AH, basically said I didn't know what I was doing and didn't know how to play the game. Ok... So whatever, he ****ed me off but I checked into upgrading 2 items on the AH (my main and boots I think because I wanted faster movement speed). Got those, put them on, great. Now the game feels EXACTLY like it did when I started playing on Act I Normal mode except that now I have more fireworks... ok, maybe a slight exaggeration but that is how I felt about it.

Now playing through on my Wizard and have tried to resist using the AH (although I will admit, I did buy some boots because that movement speed is so damn useful), but over all I'm enjoying the game more because I am taking my time and I am enjoying the challenges that even HELL mode offers. I don't want HELL mode to be Normal mode or Nightmare mode...

Ultimately, all you are doing is playing the same exact content over-and-over again anyway. If you care to get through Inferno mode within weeks of starting the game, go for the AH. I'm not going to dock you or consider you any less of a player for using the AH. But for me, I want to just play and enjoy the progression of the game at the pace I'm at and really don't care if I ever beat inferno difficulty.

If I play it a few hours here and there, who knows I might actually beat it one of these days or just completely lose interest. We'll see.

Play it your way, but the game was designed with the idea that people would use the AH. Eventually blizzard might fix itemization and that will help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're way under geared.

I'm pretty decked out in gear actually. I have over 65 in all resists and so much dex and vit it's not funny. She has more dex than my demon hunter does at 58 right now lol (only cuz I haven't been playing my demon hunter)

Morhaime talking alot but not really saying anything - not that interesting

Well, yeah - he's not going to list patch notes. But he does give interesting general info on the things they're working on.

Play it your way, but the game was designed with the idea that people would use the AH. Eventually blizzard might fix itemization and that will help, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The problem with Diablo 3, which I mentioned several dozen pages ago and on their official forums, is that the game is designed so that you NEED the AH to progress. If the AH was simply there as an alternative to playing the game and getting relevant items, then there wouldn't be any issue. But the drop rates and level ranges of items was/is clearly adjusted to make the AH more prominent than it should be. I know Blizzard has released updates that have changed the drop rates, but it wasn't enough. The game still feels like it's funneling you to the AH in the hope that you'll spend money. And that is not ok.

The problem with Diablo 3, which I mentioned several dozen pages ago and on their official forums, is that the game is designed so that you NEED the AH to progress. If the AH was simply there as an alternative to playing the game and getting relevant items, then there wouldn't be any issue. But the drop rates and level ranges of items was/is clearly adjusted to make the AH more prominent than it should be. I know Blizzard has released updates that have changed the drop rates, but it wasn't enough. The game still feels like it's funneling you to the AH in the hope that you'll spend money. And that is not ok.

Gold farmers don't get banned.

Value of gold has plummeted.

Items have become outrageously expensive.

Item drops suck. Takes a while to get gold.

Can't progress.

Bingo. You're suckered into spending money on the RMAH and Blizzard gets more money. This was their plan all along IMO.