It says specifically:

"The first Paragon level should take about as long as it took most players to get from level 59 to 60"

Not 1 to 60.

Oh haha. Ok, that makes a little more sense. I guess I read it as "long as it took to get to level 59-60" as in level 1-59 for someone going fast 1-60 for newbs :p.

I just logged in with the new 1.0.4 patch ... and for some reason, it doesn't ask my mobile authenticator key ... It logs successfully without asking for it. That's a huge security flaw !

I just logged in to battle.net website and it did ask me for it. I know that I activated the option to always ask for authenticator.

Really weird ...

I just logged in with the new 1.0.4 patch ... and for some reason, it doesn't ask my mobile authenticator key ... It logs successfully without asking for it. That's a huge security flaw !

I just logged in to battle.net website and it did ask me for it. I know that I activated the option to always ask for authenticator.

Really weird ...

That is by design, if its from the same ip address over and over it won't ask you every time. However if you go out of state and log in it'll ask you. Its basically so you don't have to do it every time.

That is by design, if its from the same ip address over and over it won't ask you every time. However if you go out of state and log in it'll ask you. Its basically so you don't have to do it every time.

Uhm nope ... Like I said, I selected the option to always ask for authenticator. And it always did before this patch.

I also have a character on the European server (because I was working in India when the game was released) and it always asked for authenticator.

Well, I still get smashed on my barbarian so I guess it wasn't that much of a nerf for me anyway :p (or maybe I just suck at this game). I'm going to go through Hell difficulty once more to farm equipment and gold and then try insane. If I'm still up against a wall in Insane, I'm just going to have to just STFU about the AH and use it.

I like that potions and gems now get a distinguished color. Lots of people in the forums are complaining that it just looks white to them, but I can tell a difference.

Uhm nope ... Like I said, I selected the option to always ask for authenticator. And it always did before this patch.

I also have a character on the European server (because I was working in India when the game was released) and it always asked for authenticator.

That sucks. Submit a bug to Blizzard?

The new changes are interesting, but I don't think it's enough to make me want to play again. That is, for reasons other than mere curiosity.

I got 3 ups on my Barbarian yesterday. A very nice one-hander 736 dps, plate armor, and a high elemental resistance pants. They were all originally dropped to my DH team mate on Act 1 Inferno. I felt bad because nothing for him dropped on my side :(. But I did find some nice things for my Wizard.

So yeah, the drop rate has improved. And with the new level system will come even higher magic find. I think that it might be possible (for me) to get through Inferno now without using the AH. I'm sure it was possible for some folks who are better at this game than me pre-1.0.4...

I'm going to keep trying, anyway.

The elite mob packs are a lot easier but having those few drops helped a lot as well. Doesn't feel so much like a wall. Die maybe once or twice but was easy to overtake them after that. Worst spots were in a corner or at an entrance where my DH friend couldn't get a good position.

I got 3 ups on my Barbarian yesterday. A very nice one-hander 736 dps, plate armor, and a high elemental resistance pants. They were all originally dropped to my DH team mate on Act 1 Inferno. I felt bad because nothing for him dropped on my side :(. But I did find some nice things for my Wizard.

So yeah, the drop rate has improved. And with the new level system will come even higher magic find. I think that it might be possible (for me) to get through Inferno now without using the AH. I'm sure it was possible for some folks who are better at this game than me pre-1.0.4...

I'm going to keep trying, anyway.

The elite mob packs are a lot easier but having those few drops helped a lot as well. Doesn't feel so much like a wall. Die maybe once or twice but was easy to overtake them after that. Worst spots were in a corner or at an entrance where my DH friend couldn't get a good position.

Actually the drop rates haven't changed. But things being generally weaker, it's likely you are killing a bit faster than before so are getting more drops per time invested. And then the paragon system is giving you more MF (which improves the chance to get more affixes on a rare drop) makes the quality of items a bit better. But in terms of chance for items to drop, that is still the same as before 1.0.4

That being said I'm going to work on my WD....I really like the summoner style.....I'm sure it wont kill as fast as a DH and what not, but not needing any LoH (pets take 95% of the damage, and they heal me AND them when they attack) makes things a ton cheaper. Plus I plan to stack life regen and thorns (that passes onto all my pets too, giving them tons of regen and damage reflection) will keep my health just as high, while I sit in the back and use my other skills.

Doubt I'll get geared too well before GW2 releases, but it gives me something to do until then.

I sure am getting destroyed in Hell mode now on most of my guys. Inferno I expected to be a tad easier due to the changes, but in a coop game, still pretty damn hard lol

Actually the drop rates haven't changed. But things being generally weaker, it's likely you are killing a bit faster than before so are getting more drops per time invested. And then the paragon system is giving you more MF (which improves the chance to get more affixes on a rare drop) makes the quality of items a bit better. But in terms of chance for items to drop, that is still the same as before 1.0.4

That being said I'm going to work on my WD....I really like the summoner style.....I'm sure it wont kill as fast as a DH and what not, but not needing any LoH (pets take 95% of the damage, and they heal me AND them when they attack) makes things a ton cheaper. Plus I plan to stack life regen and thorns (that passes onto all my pets too, giving them tons of regen and damage reflection) will keep my health just as high, while I sit in the back and use my other skills.

Doubt I'll get geared too well before GW2 releases, but it gives me something to do until then.

Also, it may not be the rate, but the quality of items that are dropping that has improved. I'm seeing more level 60 and 61 items on Inferno as oppose to level 50, 51 items.

Also, it may not be the rate, but the quality of items that are dropping that has improved. I'm seeing more level 60 and 61 items on Inferno as oppose to level 50, 51 items.

No, item levels determine drop rate. Drop rates have stayed the same means that the same item levels are dropping (same 60 and 61s as before)....it will obviously vary from game to game, but the chance for a 60 and 61 to drop in inferno is the same as it's been since 1.0.3

I just started doing act 2 inferno runs though thanks to 1.0.4 and wow you get a lot more 60+ items. In act 1 I generally picked up about half of the items that dropped (I only pick up items that are ilvl 60 and higher), in act 2 I'm picking up 80% of the drops.

I really should pick this up again.

Was good fun last night man. Surprised me how well we did. Alone, my WD isn't enough to get through act 2, due to it just taking forever for me to kill rares/elites. But with you, we had barely any trouble, up until those last 30 minutes were the game finally threw us some hard sets. But that was just insane and a blast.

Im having dinner guest over tonight, but once they leave, we can resume the final part of act 2.

Sadly, no legendaries were found through those few hours. But I did find a few upgrades to my set and my monk, which is a great improvement over the last 2 months where I've found nothing at all.

This is what my WD is at now :)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shakey-1181/hero/13063223

Was good fun last night man. Surprised me how well we did. Alone, my WD isn't enough to get through act 2, due to it just taking forever for me to kill rares/elites. But with you, we had barely any trouble, up until those last 30 minutes were the game finally threw us some hard sets. But that was just insane and a blast.

Im having dinner guest over tonight, but once they leave, we can resume the final part of act 2.

Sadly, no legendaries were found through those few hours. But I did find a few upgrades to my set and my monk, which is a great improvement over the last 2 months where I've found nothing at all.

This is what my WD is at now :)

http://us.battle.net...1/hero/13063223

Just let me know :) Also I found out what was the 'border upgrades' I mentioned last night.

VXFDNA3S9D0M1345154452638.jpg?v=1

Damn, its going to take a while to get to level 10 lol

Yup. At least there is a path now, though. It makes playing my level 60 barbarian even though HELL difficulty more worthwhile.

I'm almost to the end of Act 1 Inferno. Haven't hit that "I need loot from the AH" wall yet...

Yup. At least there is a path now, though. It makes playing my level 60 barbarian even though HELL difficulty more worthwhile.

I'm almost to the end of Act 1 Inferno. Haven't hit that "I need loot from the AH" wall yet...

If your own when me and razor are, join us.