Anyone knows what the orange properties on items are? I mean, how are they different than the standard ones?

I think they are bonus properties ontop of the ones the item already has.

Anyone knows what the orange properties on items are? I mean, how are they different than the standard ones?

The orange square to the left of the property when you hover over an item? That indicates that the stat is not considered in the damage, toughness, and healing calculation. For example +20% ele damage on bracers will not increase your "sheet damage" (as indicated by the orange square), but will dramatically increase your dps if you are stacking that damage type.

Aham, ok, thanks. I'll try to get a good look of the loading screen hint, there's one that says something about these things, but can never read it fully since everything loads so quickly. :)

The orange square to the left of the property when you hover over an item? That indicates that the stat is not considered in the damage, toughness, and healing calculation. For example +20% ele damage on bracers will not increase your "sheet damage" (as indicated by the orange square), but will dramatically increase your dps if you are stacking that damage type.

I just had another glimpse of the loading screen hint and it said something about 'not factored in'. This might be the case. Thanks. (Y)

I'm liking RoS, I'd gotten a bit bored with dying on Inferno on every mob > 5 or 6 units in Act II. RoS has made the mob scaling much more linear, and it's still a good challenge. On my Wizard I had to drop down to Torment I to get past Urzael (sp). I like that the loot can now be modified too, so for instance for me there are some int items which have a wizard spell-specific buff, but seeing as I don't use the spell it's useless, so I just rub it out and replace it with a different buff :)

Got the RoS version of the Wizard belt yesterday, so back to running a 2 piece set which is nice.

I'm liking RoS, I'd gotten a bit bored with dying on Inferno on every mob > 5 or 6 units in Act II. RoS has made the mob scaling much more linear, and it's still a good challenge. On my Wizard I had to drop down to Torment I to get past Urzael (sp). I like that the loot can now be modified too, so for instance for me there are some int items which have a wizard spell-specific buff, but seeing as I don't use the spell it's useless, so I just rub it out and replace it with a different buff :)

Got the RoS version of the Wizard belt yesterday, so back to running a 2 piece set which is nice.

I generally only play on Torment II difficulty anymore. 

Datamined class changeds that might show up in the maintenance tuesday..

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48018-diablo-3-reaper-of-souls-first-patch-2-0-4

Lots of buffs for crusader so that makes me happy. They still aren't fixing the core issues though.

I am just waiting for them to make a few changes like in Act 1 there is a box sitting in front of the Blacksmith that you cannot walk over so when you try to get around you get stuck on it.

My survivability is way over the top with 810K health and 7.7m Toughness, I can freely stand in whatever damaging pools they throw at me due to the high Life on Hit and Life per Second, and I almost never die unless I try to pull every single creature in a given zone. Playing on Torment 1.

However, the millions of rats, boggits, bats, scarabs, and all other small creatures are really burning me out. My most used skill is Vault with the Tumble rune as a Demon Huntress, just because I try to skip whole zones that are filled with these things. Events are always fun, but the trash mobs take so long to die that I just keep getting tired of playing. :/ Thing I'll have a long break after I finish Act 5 on T1.

EDIT: Just my luck, now I encountered Illusionist Maggot Brood that spawn dozens of small maggots.

I am just waiting for them to make a few changes like in Act 1 there is a box sitting in front of the Blacksmith that you cannot walk over so when you try to get around you get stuck on it.

That bothered the hell out of me too. The reason it's there is to deter bots but all it does is ###### real players off. It takes the person running the bot about 10 seconds to change the pathing.

(Since I cannot edit last post here...)

Also encountered a Maggot Brood champion with the Horde affix whose minions were also Maggot Broods. So glad I am done with the Blood Marshes. That place was NOT fun (along with the sewers in which you can find hundreds of rats). :pinch:

I generally only play on Torment II difficulty anymore. 

I didn't hit 70 until last night, I was a few weeks late to the RoS game.

Read this RoS gear guide at Elitist Jerks and it really has helped with gearing my HC Wizard. 

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132462-reaper-of-souls-gear-basics/

Most of my legs that I was using are in storage as they've been replaced with rares.  I tried just going at the game in a stubborn way and feel like I wasted a lot of time.

What it comes down to is this: Trying to farm mats and gold for legendary items when you are pre-Torment 1 is, mostly, a waste of time (I'm in HC, btw, safety is paramount).  Re-rolls on enchanting are just too expensive on legendary items to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time. Rare items are much cheaper and you have a higher likelihood of finding the right kind of stats for cheaper even though those stats would be higher if it were a leg.  Once you get into farming Torment I or higher, mats and gold are easier to acquire so those leg re-rolls become more affordable.

My damage is rocking now, but I've significantly lowered my HP and toughness (but my EHP isn't too bad) but my healing is now not good at all.  I think I'm about ready for Torment 1 on my HC wizard, but need a bit more healing.

What's most important to get into Torment 1 difficulty is to have the right stats on the right gear (i.e., CC and CD on everything that supports it) and really good +% ability synergy.  Basically, you have to mostly ignore the over simplified toughness category because +vit can over inflate it.  It is also good to prioritize healing (healing per second > Healing per strike > healing per kill).

So much fun.

Read this RoS gear guide at Elitist Jerks and it really has helped with gearing my HC Wizard. 

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/132462-reaper-of-souls-gear-basics/

Most of my legs that I was using are in storage as they've been replaced with rares.  I tried just going at the game in a stubborn way and feel like I wasted a lot of time.

What it comes down to is this: Trying to farm mats and gold for legendary items when you are pre-Torment 1 is, mostly, a waste of time (I'm in HC, btw, safety is paramount).  Re-rolls on enchanting are just too expensive on legendary items to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time. Rare items are much cheaper and you have a higher likelihood of finding the right kind of stats for cheaper even though those stats would be higher if it were a leg.  Once you get into farming Torment I or higher, mats and gold are easier to acquire so those leg re-rolls become more affordable.

My damage is rocking now, but I've significantly lowered my HP and toughness (but my EHP isn't too bad) but my healing is now not good at all.  I think I'm about ready for Torment 1 on my HC wizard, but need a bit more healing.

What's most important to get into Torment 1 difficulty is to have the right stats on the right gear (i.e., CC and CD on everything that supports it) and really good +% ability synergy.  Basically, you have to mostly ignore the over simplified toughness category because +vit can over inflate it.  It is also good to prioritize healing (healing per second > Healing per strike > healing per kill).

So much fun.

I dont play on HC but I do play Torment II for the most part. Pre loot 2.0 i had mostly Legendary items however, since i reached 70 I only have a couple I am still trying to farm better armor. It takes far to long to kill a pack of Elites. 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GalenHawke-1290/hero/11961246

I dont play on HC but I do play Torment II for the most part. Pre loot 2.0 i had mostly Legendary items however, since i reached 70 I only have a couple I am still trying to farm better armor. It takes far to long to kill a pack of Elites. 

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GalenHawke-1290/hero/11961246

Not sure I'd recommend farming Torment II.  Can you kill a treasure gnome?  If you are just seeing how well you can "progress" that is one thing.  But any added benefit of playing in Torment II is pretty much negated by how fast you can clear it.  General rule I keep reading is: normal trash mobs should take about 3 hits to kill and elites should not take more than 30 seconds to kill or you are probably wasting your time.  You'd be able to farm Torment 1 more effectively, and therefore reap more benefits from it.

Your damage is low because your CC and CD are low.  I'm no expert, that is just what I've read and when I applied it to my gear I was blown away by how much more damage I was doing.  In your case, I think that if you switched out your rings with even rare rings that have high CC *AND* CD rolls you will see a vast improvement in your dps.  Beyond that, the amulet need CC.  Gloves need CC and CD.  Switching out the red gem for a green gem in your weapon would add significant CD and dps. If you had +% fire skills on your amulet that would be a huge boost for your dps as well.

***not an expert.  I'd say the Diablo and Diablo 3 sub-reddits have been most useful in regards to gear discussions.  Blizzards forums are wasted on trolls.

I think I was in 100% legendary and set pieces about a day and a half ago.  My original plan was to farm for mats and gold and continuously reroll on blacksmith set pieces/leg plans and enchanting.  That is still my plan, but I need to be able to farm Torment I+ effectively, first.

Here I am now, rocking mostly rares, and doing a lot better at the higher difficulties.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nickerbocker-1619/hero/35630324

Also: Don't give in too much to +vit.  It over inflates the toughness score.  I've read that ~300k hp and high damage mitigation coupled with high healing is far more valuable than a high health pool.  High health pools that take high damage and then take awhile to replenish from your healing are a waste...you'll die if u get stuck in a situation where you are continuously losing life.  The Elitist Jerk's article I linked to discussed this well.

i have been slowly getting better gear. i just need to have enough time to sit down and play. I did 4 or 5 rifts and a couple acts worth of bounties the other day and only got 3 Legendarys and they were 2 patterns and a legendary crafting material

i have been slowly getting better gear. i just need to have enough time to sit down and play. I did 4 or 5 rifts and a couple acts worth of bounties the other day and only got 3 Legendarys and they were 2 patterns and a legendary crafting material

If I were playing a non-HC character, I'd probably focus in on damage more than anything else.  When the occasional death is tolerable, farming efficiency is maximized when damage and movement speed is.

Dang, Arcane Orb w/ Frozen Orb rune received a nerf.  You always hope that all the other skills will be increased to match the OP skill, but that rarely happens.  I think it was the right call for Blizzard, but that was still my "main ability" that I farmed all my gear around.