Photo

Diablo III

official diablo 3 blizzard entertainment pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one arpg reaper of souls

2467 replies to this topic

#2071 Slane

Slane

Neowinian Senior

• 3,280 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:46

And in terms of items, do you think i'm doing okay or not?
Any tips for leveling up faster btw?

http://eu.battle.net...QjST!fYc!abZaaa

Leveling just focus on weapon DPS, vit, int. Don't worry about anything else. Throw a Ruby gem (%xp) in your helm (highest one you can craft/afford) to help increase XP gain. And with the MP XP changes always play in a party. The increase XP helps out alot. Just play the wiz like a melee toon. It's how I leveled my Wizard.

When you get to hell, pick up a few pieces of gear with ALL resist on it and/or switch to energy armor to help stay alive, if you need it.

#2072 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,112 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 15:25

I would definitely play more if they added some new content. As much as people complain about there not being much replay-ability in Diablo 3 (when compared to Diablo 2), it was still a really kick ass game from beginning to end. Really looking forward to the expansion. I hope Blizzard adds at least 2 new acts but I worry that we will only get 1 new act.

#2073 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,263 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 01 June 2013 - 23:10

I'm up for playing some D3 anytime guys. If we can get a party together again I'll be up for it. I haven't played in like so long.

#2074 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,112 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 13:56

With the console release of Diablo 3 imminent, I wonder if Blizzard is going to extend game controller support to the PC version.  What do you think?  I mean...it surely wouldn't be the best experience.   I'm curious as to how well the console controls are executed and it would be nice to have a similar optional interface/control scheme for D3 PC.

#2075 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,894 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:12

With the console release of Diablo 3 imminent, I wonder if Blizzard is going to extend game controller support to the PC version.  What do you think?  I mean...it surely wouldn't be the best experience.   I'm curious as to how well the console controls are executed and it would be nice to have a similar optional interface/control scheme for D3 PC.

2 hours of gameplay on PS4. Should give a little more insight

#2076 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,112 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 15:59

Blizzard announced the new Reaper of Souls expansion pack for Diablo 3! :) :) :)

http://us.battle.net...eaper-of-souls/

#2077 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,995 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 21 August 2013 - 16:05

Blizzard announced the new Reaper of Souls expansion pack for Diablo 3! :) :) :)

Looks interesting.  So 1 new act, 1 new character, and new skills?

#2078 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,112 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 17:20

New monsters and probably new items.  I don't see an ETA anywhere though.  Also, increased level cap.

Seems like they are going to have to rescale all the various act difficulties to take into account the new act.  Considering the fact that the Diablo 2 expansion added 2 classes, this already seems like a smaller expansion overall.

Oh well.  I've really enjoyed playing D3 and have gotten a lot of hours of game play out of it.  The bad reviews especially on Amazon are hilarious.  People complaining because they only got 50-100 hours of gameplay with Diablo 3 as oppose to 500+ hours.  Get a life, folks.

Diablo 3 gave me a very enjoyable 15-20 hours of gameplay on the first difficulty play through which is more than most games provide at $60.  I think people just expected Diablo 3 to complete their lives and be playable for years and years and years...

I hope that this new Act provides at least 6-7 extra hours of gameplay.  From what I recall, the expansion for Diablo 2 was only 1 extra Act but it was about twice the size of the other Acts.

#2079 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,732 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 17:22

Well the cinematic for it looks great. Blizzard should make CGI movies for their games. I think they'd do extremely well.

Also the ETA is 2014. Will we see it in May? 2 years after the original game came out?

Also I still play D3 from time to time, I actually have over 100 hours into it somehow. It never felt like I played that much so the game can't be that bad right?

I'm at a bit of a point though.. my barbarian is approaching 200k dps and I can get a lot of ugrades to take it even further. But...all the upgrades that I can get would make my character look so extremely ugly. So I don't want to upgrade. I'm not sure what the folks at Blizzard were thinking with some of them. And not being able to dye legendary items is disappointing.

#2080 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,018 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 21 August 2013 - 17:25

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Opening

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls GamePlay

Also the official page is up

#2081 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,112 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 18:32

Well the cinematic for it looks great. Blizzard should make CGI movies for their games. I think they'd do extremely well.

Also the ETA is 2014. Will we see it in May? 2 years after the original game came out?

Also I still play D3 from time to time, I actually have over 100 hours into it somehow. It never felt like I played that much so the game can't be that bad right?

I'm at a bit of a point though.. my barbarian is approaching 200k dps and I can get a lot of ugrades to take it even further. But...all the upgrades that I can get would make my character look so extremely ugly. So I don't want to upgrade. I'm not sure what the folks at Blizzard were thinking with some of them. And not being able to dye legendary items is disappointing.

I agree with it sucking that you can't dye legendary items!

My Barbarian is only at about 70kdps.  My buddy and I were farming the stuff to make the Hellfire ring, but we just got bored of it all.  We've been playing hardcore characters and having a lot more fun with it.  I've died a few times on normal...lol../sigh.  Its fun but the further you get the more invested you are the more tragic the death is.  Feels a lot less like a grind though.  The song "Stay'in Alive" keeps repeating over and over in my head.

#2082 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,732 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 20:34

I agree with it sucking that you can't dye legendary items!

My Barbarian is only at about 70kdps.  My buddy and I were farming the stuff to make the Hellfire ring, but we just got bored of it all.  We've been playing hardcore characters and having a lot more fun with it.  I've died a few times on normal...lol../sigh.  Its fun but the further you get the more invested you are the more tragic the death is.  Feels a lot less like a grind though.  The song "Stay'in Alive" keeps repeating over and over in my head.

I would give hardcore exactly one death. I don't have the patience for that kind of thing. :s :rofl:

#2083 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,263 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 21 August 2013 - 20:44

I am looking forward to the expansion. I can't believe they only added 1 character though. :\

#2084 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,518 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 21 August 2013 - 20:48

Not enough content in the expansion to justify the price, in my opinion. And I was just starting to forget about Diablo 3 too. Such wasted potential.

#2085 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,018 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 21 August 2013 - 20:53

I am looking forward to the expansion. I can't believe they only added 1 character though. :\

Yeah even from the original launch i was a bit disappointed with the Class options. While there are still a few staples to the Series it just does not feel very robust. Even with the addition of the additional class.

Not enough content in the expansion to justify the price, in my opinion. And I was just starting to forget about Diablo 3 too. Such wasted potential.

As far as the Cost and Content debate i have seen elsewhere as well. For $39 for the basic package the Act better be pretty long compared to the current Acts in the game because all the other changes (except for the additional Class) will be offered as a Patch upgrade available to all players (the new loot, paragon, and other system upgrades) Whereas those who purchase the Expansion Set will gain access to the New Act, Class, Mystic, expanded Level Cap. and that about it.