Photo

Diablo III

official diablo 3 blizzard entertainment pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one arpg reaper of souls

2502 replies to this topic

#2401 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,489 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:17

When I clicked the thing and saw your name I new it was gonna be something like this.  :rofl:

Anyhow, that's first impressions. Outside of ladders which I feel is a completely redundant and worthless feature most of the changes they're making now look promising. And the nice part is most of them are going to be retroactive so farming new stuff to get to what we have now won't be needed.

And not to take anything away from PoE, it's a great game. But it's just so boring looking, both the combat and the aesthetic of the armor and weapons.

The next expansion is at the end of the month.

It is constantly improving its systems, balance, visuals, and content.

I'm am in love with PoE. I'd been planning to buy a PS4/X1 all along for Destiny but PoE has remained so strong that it would be a waste, I wouldn't even turn it on...

#2402 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,944 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:10

The next expansion is at the end of the month.

It is constantly improving its systems, balance, visuals, and content.

I'm am in love with PoE. I'd been planning to buy a PS4/X1 all along for Destiny but PoE has remained so strong that it would be a waste, I wouldn't even turn it on...

That's great. And I'm not trying to be rude but if you want to talk about PoE there is a different thread for that.

#2403 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,338 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 00:45

I think we are actually all confused and should be discussing Diablo 3 in the PoE thread, trag3dy ;).

They sure are dragging their heels on 2.1 release. Shiesh. I'm hoping it is more than a week or two of added gameplay, but it doesn't look significant enough (content wise) for prolonged enjoyment (but I will have to try it out first, so the jury is out). I have still been checking daily for a definitive release date.

#2404 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,607 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 13:59

I'm desperate to get reaper of souls on the PS4, but I'm too skint just now.

If someone buys me it I'll change my Neowin avatar (and add a signature) for Xbox/Xbone One forever.

Spoiler

#2405 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 5,044 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:02

Someone needs to get Audioboxer some help. He is obviously going insane.

#2406 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,228 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:13

I'm desperate to get reaper of souls on the PS4, but I'm too skint just now.

If someone buys me it I'll change my Neowin avatar (and add a signature) for Xbox/Xbone One forever.

Spoiler

Use bing, gain rewards points, trade in for amazon or gamestop credits, buy game.

I actually managed to use Bing rewards to completely 100% pay for my Destiny Limited Edition ($100)

#2407 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,607 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:27

Use bing, gain rewards points, trade in for amazon or gamestop credits, buy game.

I actually managed to use Bing rewards to completely 100% pay for my Destiny Limited Edition ($100)

How does this work ?!

Edit: Argh, not available in my country. How long does it realistically take? VPN! lol

#2408 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,372 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 20:29

How does this work ?!

It doesn't work in the UK any more (although it was never officially supported to begin with).

You basically just use Bing for search and they reward you with points.

#2409 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 5,044 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:41

Yeah, bing rewards has earned me a few free games already, great service.

Also, there are xbox live rewards, where you can also earn points to use on content. Its a bit more involved, but hey, its free money. Of course that wont help Audioboxer.

#2410 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,372 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:45

Yeah, bing rewards has earned me a few free games already, great service.

Also, there are xbox live rewards, where you can also earn points to use on content. Its a bit more involved, but hey, its free money. Of course that wont help Audioboxer.

Ever since they changed the format it's been next to useless for me. I used to earn quite a bit back from it pre-currency switch. Post switch = zilch (N)

#2411 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,607 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 14:42

I've got a OnePlus One 64GB invite now, who's giving me Diablo 3 for it :laugh:

I might actually buy the phone, currently have a Nexus 5. Waiting to hear about Nexus 6. Luckily my invite has a 180 day expiration.

Might go hunting on NW and see if anyone else owns the phone.

#2412 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 17,214 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 23 August 2014 - 19:33

So I actually never played any Diablo games.

The whole lore and world of Blizzard games just were never all that appealing to me.

Well because of the slow release schedule, I put this new release on my GameFly queue and decided a rental would not hurt anyone.

I apparently have been missing out.

I was a huge fan of the game Gauntlet when I was younger. Huge fan. Myself and a few friends actually came so damn close to beating it in the actual arcade.

Beat it many times when it was released on home consoles.

Well I will be damned if Diablo III, at least to me, is really just a modern take on the game Gauntlet, with obviously much, much, much deeper customization and RPG elements.

I think I am actually going to keep it now through GameFly, as it really does seem like a game one can just keep going back to.

My only reservation is it is clearly a game made for Co-Op, but I really do play games on my own these days, so I do worry about the fact I may eventually just be overpowered on my own.

But damn this is an entertaining game.

Currently a Level 10 With Doctor, playing on Hard (chose Normal initially but was just way to easy) and have what seem to be a couple of good items already. Really damn good game. Sucks I have missed out on it all of this time, but definitely a case of better late then never.

#2413 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,944 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 20:51

The whole lore and world of Blizzard games just were never all that appealing to me.

Well because of the slow release schedule, I put this new release on my GameFly queue and decided a rental would not hurt anyone.

I was a huge fan of the game Gauntlet when I was younger. Huge fan. Myself and a few friends actually came so damn close to beating it in the actual arcade.

Well I will be damned if Diablo III, at least to me, is really just a modern take on the game Gauntlet, with obviously much, much, much deeper customization and RPG elements.

I think I am actually going to keep it now through GameFly, as it really does seem like a game one can just keep going back to.

My only reservation is it is clearly a game made for Co-Op, but I really do play games on my own these days, so I do worry about the fact I may eventually just be overpowered on my own.

Currently a Level 10 With Doctor, playing on Hard (chose Normal initially but was just way to easy) and have what seem to be a couple of good items already. Really damn good game. Sucks I have missed out on it all of this time, but definitely a case of better late then never.

As long as you keep upgrading your gear you will never not be able to solo, even on the hardest difficulty settings.

In fact with the best gear in the game you'll be wondering if there should be higher difficulty levels. 

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard the drop rates are higher on consoles as well. So time investment to get high end gear isn't as much as it is on pc.

#2414 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,338 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 23:01

What console are you playing on? I'm thinking of getting it for XBox 360, but I may hold out until I have a PS4. Who knows when that will be.

#2415 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

• 390 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 23:06

Is this game dead already?