Photo

Diablo III

official diablo 3 blizzard entertainment pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one arpg reaper of souls

2484 replies to this topic

#2416 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

®®\vers.12.vis.13.u.03.al\DL

• 16,987 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 24 August 2014 - 00:24

As long as you keep upgrading your gear you will never not be able to solo, even on the hardest difficulty settings.

In fact with the best gear in the game you'll be wondering if there should be higher difficulty levels. 

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard the drop rates are higher on consoles as well. So time investment to get high end gear isn't as much as it is on pc.

Thanks I'm definitely going to keep it then.

What console are you playing on? I'm thinking of getting it for XBox 360, but I may hold out until I have a PS4. Who knows when that will be.

PS4. I'd definitely hold out for it or the One version if you can. It looks and runs great.

#2417 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:02

Is this game dead already?

Depends on who you ask.

And your post is kind of phrased like you think it should be.

#2418 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,112 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 16:29

ITS DONE, CRISIS AVERTED.

Audioboxer has Diablo 3 for PS4 in his hands... as well as Wolfenstein. You can all sleep tonight.

#2419 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,297 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:24

So I actually never played any Diablo games.

The whole lore and world of Blizzard games just were never all that appealing to me.

Well because of the slow release schedule, I put this new release on my GameFly queue and decided a rental would not hurt anyone.

I apparently have been missing out.

I was a huge fan of the game Gauntlet when I was younger. Huge fan. Myself and a few friends actually came so damn close to beating it in the actual arcade.

Beat it many times when it was released on home consoles.

Well I will be damned if Diablo III, at least to me, is really just a modern take on the game Gauntlet, with obviously much, much, much deeper customization and RPG elements.

I think I am actually going to keep it now through GameFly, as it really does seem like a game one can just keep going back to.

My only reservation is it is clearly a game made for Co-Op, but I really do play games on my own these days, so I do worry about the fact I may eventually just be overpowered on my own.

But damn this is an entertaining game.

Currently a Level 10 With Doctor, playing on Hard (chose Normal initially but was just way to easy) and have what seem to be a couple of good items already. Really damn good game. Sucks I have missed out on it all of this time, but definitely a case of better late then never.

Get it for PC MAN! Then we can go play! :D

#2420 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,987 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:42

Get it for PC MAN! Then we can go play! :D

Honestly I think part of the reason I like it on console so much is because it is dumbed down.  :rofl:

Seriously though, I think I may have even played Diablo III with you right when it was first released on PC? There was a beta or friends could gift you a copy for 24 hours or something like that, I definitely know I checked it out when it was released, and I probably was just like "screw this, way too much to keep track of" as honestly that is always why I never really play RPG's, I am no doubt somewhat lazy when it comes to playing games and I prefer to just play and not worry about managing this and 50 keyboard commands and keystrokes.

The way the controller works is just really intuitive and easy. Definitely does the best job I have seen of making the game way more accessible. I know purists will say I am speaking nonsense, but it got me to play a genre I have avoided for a very long time now.

Of course I could always just use a controller on PC I am guessing, but I think the PS4 currently is capable of better graphics than my current PC. If and when I finally do build my new gaming PC, I no doubt will check it out. 

#2421 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,297 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 17:53

Honestly I think part of the reason I like it on console so much is because it is dumbed down.  :rofl:

Seriously though, I think I may have even played Diablo III with you right when it was first released on PC? There was a beta or friends could gift you a copy for 24 hours or something like that, I definitely know I checked it out when it was released, and I probably was just like "screw this, way too much to keep track of" as honestly that is always why I never really play RPG's, I am no doubt somewhat lazy when it comes to playing games and I prefer to just play and not worry about managing this and 50 keyboard commands and keystrokes.

The way the controller works is just really intuitive and easy. Definitely does the best job I have seen of making the game way more accessible. I know purists will say I am speaking nonsense, but it got me to play a genre I have avoided for a very long time now.

Of course I could always just use a controller on PC I am guessing, but I think the PS4 currently is capable of better graphics than my current PC. If and when I finally do build my new gaming PC, I no doubt will check it out. 

It's pretty much the same thing aside for a couple of differences. But it's alright I understand. I can never ever get used to the controller to do the stuff (i.e access menus, and changing items etc) it seems to take more effort than you really need to. Plus, if you do a sit down co-op, one player can't do something off screen. Your characters must constantly be beside each other. lol. Say, if you are full on inventory, and your friend doesn't.. you need to go with them back to town. Again, I'm just saying this for sit down co-op. But yeah, for sure enjoy it on console.

#2422 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 18:24

Diablo 3 on pc has like 4 buttons you need to worry about.  :laugh:

#2423 vetDirtyLarry

DirtyLarry

• 16,987 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 18:35

If they are not immediately around the area of W,A,S,D I usually check out.

Seriously thought it very well could have been somewhat easy to control, I honestly do not remember, but I do know for sure just the overall approach to things is something I never really got into until the other night when I checked it out. Really the easiest I can put it is if a game had an inventory and magic, I just was not interested. As I said, just to much to keep track of, and actually the only thing I am kind of finding to be tedious now that I am Level 13 and have gotten a decent amount of items is having to put them in my stash, sell them, etc. etc.

Also the fantasy genre, for lack of a better definition, has really just never been my thing. I have liked the Lord OF The Rings movie but was not crazy about them, and that is as much as I got into the genre itself. I prefer SciFi - Action Adventure type stuff. Truthfully speaking I am probably much more willing to give it a chance thanks to Game Of Thrones and how much I have gotten into it. 

Like i said I am definitely going to check it out when I build a new PC. I just have no immediate rush to do so right now as I am positive the PS4 version runs better than my 5 years old gaming build.

With all that said is it ever on sale?

#2424 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,297 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 18:53

If they are not immediately around the area of W,A,S,D I usually check out.

Seriously thought it very well could have been somewhat easy to control, I honestly do not remember, but I do know for sure just the overall approach to things is something I never really got into until the other night when I checked it out. Really the easiest I can put it is if a game had an inventory and magic, I just was not interested. As I said, just to much to keep track of, and actually the only thing I am kind of finding to be tedious now that I am Level 13 and have gotten a decent amount of items is having to put them in my stash, sell them, etc. etc.

Also the fantasy genre, for lack of a better definition, has really just never been my thing. I have liked the Lord OF The Rings movie but was not crazy about them, and that is as much as I got into the genre itself. I prefer SciFi - Action Adventure type stuff. Truthfully speaking I am probably much more willing to give it a chance thanks to Game Of Thrones and how much I have gotten into it. 

Like i said I am definitely going to check it out when I build a new PC. I just have no immediate rush to do so right now as I am positive the PS4 version runs better than my 5 years old gaming build.

Blizzard games are rarely on sale lol. Unless like an expansion is coming out soon. Maybe Christmas? 

#2425 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:27

On amazon Diablo 3 is technically on sale right now for $26.95. The expansion is also on sale for $25.95. This is for the pc of course. 

The Ultimate Evil edition (which is the console version) isn't out yet I don't think so it's probably not gonna be on sale anywhere.

#2426 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• 1,182 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:44

Is this game dead already?

It is dead. It is barely selling anymore. Barely over 20 million copies sold. So dead.

Lies! There are two more on the mouse!

The holidays, no doubt. They've started doing those bit more often lately.

#2427 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,170 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 19:53

On amazon Diablo 3 is technically on sale right now for $26.95. The expansion is also on sale for $25.95. This is for the pc of course.

The Ultimate Evil edition (which is the console version) isn't out yet I don't think so it's probably not gonna be on sale anywhere.

Best Buy has D3 and RoS for $20 each this weekend (not sure when the sale ends exactly).

http://www.bestbuy.c...blo 3&lp=7&cp=1

#2428 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

• 373 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 20:59

Depends on who you ask.

And your post is kind of phrased like you think it should be.

I suppose it's dying. Just like the other Blizzard games, Diablo is losing it's fanbase and I think even faster because the game is boring. Yes, it's exciting to beat it once, but after that? Rift, rift, rift, farm, farm, farm. Unbalanced classes and skills while the patches are rarity. So what is there to play? Of course to some people this may be exciting but usually when a developer loses interest in supporting it's game, it's a bad sign. They even stopped the auction which gave the players some reason to keep grinding. There are no release dates, no feedback at all, not any sign Blizzard cares about this game anymore. Don't get me wrong, the game is still awesome, but I think it's dying pretty fast.

Yes, maybe it sold some 20 mil copies but I don't see how that's relevant.

#2429 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,761 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 22:34

I suppose it's dying. Just like the other Blizzard games, Diablo is losing it's fanbase and I think even faster because the game is boring. Yes, it's exciting to beat it once, but after that? Rift, rift, rift, farm, farm, farm. Unbalanced classes and skills while the patches are rarity. So what is there to play? Of course to some people this may be exciting but usually when a developer loses interest in supporting it's game, it's a bad sign. They even stopped the auction which gave the players some reason to keep grinding. There are no release dates, no feedback at all, not any sign Blizzard cares about this game anymore. Don't get me wrong, the game is still awesome, but I think it's dying pretty fast.

Yes, maybe it sold some 20 mil copies but I don't see how that's relevant.

Developers are losing interest in their game? Is that why they released a major expansion a few months ago, are working on a big patch right, now and it's all but been announced that their will be a second expansion?

#2430 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,112 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:04

Anddd I couldn't get to play Diablo 3 properly tonight due to the script kiddies.

My Diablo woes continue :( lol