Photo

Diablo III

official diablo 3 blizzard entertainment pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one arpg reaper of souls

2474 replies to this topic

#2461 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 13:01

Works well on PS Vita remote play :D

Just map something to R2 that is passive or on a long cool down.

#2462 ShockD

ShockD

Antagonist

• 372 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 13:11

By that ideal, every game starts dying seconds after it is released.

Best crap talk US.

#2463 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,117 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 14:12

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

#2464 Asmodai

Asmodai

Neowinian

• 1,039 posts
  • Phone: Motorola Droid Mini

Posted 28 August 2014 - 15:36

Yeah the PS4 tweaks have made the game for me.  I skipped the PC version because I found Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 to be superior on PC. (just my personal opinion, please don't launch a holy war).  I LOVE Diablo III on the PS4 though largely because of 4 player local co-op and Remote Play.  The Nemesis feature and gifts are pretty cool too and it helps that the PS4 version drops the always online requirement.  I don't even have a battle.net account and the game works fine. :)

#2465 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,117 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 16:36

Yeah the PS4 tweaks have made the game for me.  I skipped the PC version because I found Path of Exile and Torchlight 2 to be superior on PC. (just my personal opinion, please don't launch a holy war).  I LOVE Diablo III on the PS4 though largely because of 4 player local co-op and Remote Play.  The Nemesis feature and gifts are pretty cool too and it helps that the PS4 version drops the always online requirement.  I don't even have a battle.net account and the game works fine. :)

The game is tight on console. I like PoE and Torchlight 2 as well, but for some reason D3 has kept my interest for longer than those other ones. It won't turn into a holy war so long as you promise to keep discussions of those other games in their own official threads (unlike some people......)

My step-sons like playing Diablo 3 on 360 with me. I'm really torn on getting Ultimate Evil Edition on 360 now, wait for it to go on sale or be sold used for cheaper, or wait until I get a PS4 and get it for PS4.  Thing is, I'm not sure when we will get a PS4 but I doubt it will be this year.

I really love playing Hardcore mode on D3 but after losing my 3rd level 70 in Torment 1 due to lag/DC/Internet issues, I've basically abandoned hardcore.  I'm fine with dying and losing my character...so long as it is a fair death.  I may play my hardcore character on console only since being online isn't required.

#2466 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 18:17

SO JEALOUS!!!!!!

Apart from being 30FPS it's awesome.

#2467 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,117 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:03

Apart from being 30FPS it's awesome.

I was playing on my iPad streaming through SplashTop Desktop.  Ran well, but the controls sucked :(.  There was a nifty "hotkey" thing that let me place buttons on the screen (i.e., 1-4, Q), but it wasn't really playable for long durations.  Frame rate and graphics were good.

#2468 madd-hatter

madd-hatter

Crazy Hat Salesman

• 1,421 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 19:20

As long as you keep upgrading your gear you will never not be able to solo, even on the hardest difficulty settings.

In fact with the best gear in the game you'll be wondering if there should be higher difficulty levels. 

I don't know if this is true or not but I've heard the drop rates are higher on consoles as well. So time investment to get high end gear isn't as much as it is on pc.

Does anyone play HC on consoles?

#2469 Fid

Fid

Do I know you?

• 733 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:15

I've been playing this on PS4 for the last couple of days (I originally had it on PC but didn't get very far) and it's awesome. I have some really really stupid questions if you don't mind...

I've not finished Act I and I'm already level 27, this is normal? Won't I hit the cap way before the end, or is the idea?

What happens when you reach the end? What's left? I'm assuming there's end game stuff but how does that work on consoles?

I had more questions but they've escaped my brain for now... :D

#2470 Life Cycles

Life Cycles

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:39

I've been playing this on PS4 for the last couple of days (I originally had it on PC but didn't get very far) and it's awesome. I have some really really stupid questions if you don't mind...

I've not finished Act I and I'm already level 27, this is normal? Won't I hit the cap way before the end, or is the idea?

What happens when you reach the end? What's left? I'm assuming there's end game stuff but how does that work on consoles?

You level pretty quickly during the beginning of the game but it does slow down. I'm surprised you're that high of a level and no at least near act 3. You should be near the very end of Act 1 then. Also, most likely if I had to guess you're playing at a lower difficulty and steam-rolling monsters, I would suggest bumping the difficulty up one notch.

When you reach the end, you won't (shouldn't) be level 70. Obviously, you want to hit level 70 and then start doing Bounty Runs/Rift Runs. These will increase how strong you are through weapon drops, the main goal is to level up your Paragon Points (look into what that is) and becoming stronger.

Hopefully that answers the questions.

#2471 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,117 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 16:24

I play on PC and do not know what all is different between the PC and console.  That being said,

The monsters, item drops, quest rewards (etc) level with you.  So it really does not matter what level you are at vs what part of the story. If you wanted to, you could continuously repeat Act 1 until you hit 70.

After beating story mode, adventure mode unlocks.  Essentially the end game consists of continuously upgrading your gear through monster drops and other activities in order to fight stronger monsters at higher difficulties with a higher likelihood of rewards (i.e., better gear to fight even stronger monsters with).  There are also a number of achievements if that is your thing.

#2472 Fid

Fid

Do I know you?

• 733 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 21:54

You level pretty quickly during the beginning of the game but it does slow down. I'm surprised you're that high of a level and no at least near act 3. You should be near the very end of Act 1 then. Also, most likely if I had to guess you're playing at a lower difficulty and steam-rolling monsters, I would suggest bumping the difficulty up one notch.

When you reach the end, you won't (shouldn't) be level 70. Obviously, you want to hit level 70 and then start doing Bounty Runs/Rift Runs. These will increase how strong you are through weapon drops, the main goal is to level up your Paragon Points (look into what that is) and becoming stronger.

Hopefully that answers the questions.

Yeah I've just gone on to Act 2 couple of missions in, level 29. And no I've moved up to the highest difficulty I could! I think the next one unlocks at stage IV. I do explore a lot though try and uncover the whole map, loads of dungeons and monsters.

I play on PC and do not know what all is different between the PC and console.  That being said,

The monsters, item drops, quest rewards (etc) level with you.  So it really does not matter what level you are at vs what part of the story. If you wanted to, you could continuously repeat Act 1 until you hit 70.

After beating story mode, adventure mode unlocks.  Essentially the end game consists of continuously upgrading your gear through monster drops and other activities in order to fight stronger monsters at higher difficulties with a higher likelihood of rewards (i.e., better gear to fight even stronger monsters with).  There are also a number of achievements if that is your thing.

Ahhhh! So that is what Adventure mode is for! I see now. Sounds good.

Thanks for answering my questions :)

#2473 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,737 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:52

So during the season that started today if you had adventure mode unlocked previously then you have it unlocked from the start of the season.

Hardly seems like starting over completely when you start with the thing that's going to make the entire process easier. Seems like it defeats the purpose of the reset.

Yes I'm being snarky because I think seasons are a largely redundant feature and don't deserve season exclusive legendary items.

#2474 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,117 posts

Posted Yesterday, 16:32

So during the season that started today if you had adventure mode unlocked previously then you have it unlocked from the start of the season. Hardly seems like starting over completely when you start with the thing that's going to make the entire process easier. Seems like it defeats the purpose of the reset. Yes I'm being snarky because I think seasons are a largely redundant feature and don't deserve season exclusive legendary items.

You also get all the stash space you had previously unlocked. Meh, I'm doing the season thing with the new clan I joined. Started a HC crusader and a normal DH. But I'm pretty 'meh' about it too. I think once you hit 70 with a season character you unlock all the transmogs for the new legendaries that can be used with your career characters. It's just a transmogs though :p

#2475 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,998 posts

Posted Yesterday, 20:38

Level 49 crusader just now and this just dropped. Guess I'll be switching from sweep attack to blessed shield lol

IMG_20140830_212705.jpg