Photo

Diablo III

official diablo 3 blizzard entertainment pc ps3 ps4 xbox 360 xbox one arpg reaper of souls

2502 replies to this topic

#2491 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,767 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 17:49

I picked this up in the Battle.net sale (including reaper of souls).

Anyone got any tips? Things i should prioritise?

#2492 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 6,222 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 18:12

There was a battle.net sale? God i missed it :(

#2493 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,767 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 19:44

There was a battle.net sale? God i missed it :(

http://eu.battle.net...ouls-30-09-2014

Ends today.

#2494 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• 1,546 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted 06 October 2014 - 20:04

#1 priority: Have fun.

#2495 +Lingwo

Lingwo

Neowinian Senior

• 5,767 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 13:13

#1 priority: Have fun.

Haha. That is my priority for any game.

I was hoping for some more specific help :laugh:

#2496 Art3x

Art3x

I'm Cal-i

• 588 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 13:18

Get to 70 and grind for gear.  

That is honestly the name of the game.

#2497 elenarie

elenarie

Newbie .NET / game dev

• 1,546 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920 Yellow

Posted 07 October 2014 - 15:23

#2: Have more fun.

Don't rush, especially on your first playthrough. Talk to everybody, see everything, do every quest and dungeon. Ignore gear. Enjoy the game first, then you can go farm competitively if you're feeling like it.

#2498 Shadrack

Shadrack

Neowinian Senior

• 15,333 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 23:24

I don't disagree with elenarie, but thought you may be looking for some more...guidance.

One thing new players may not fully understand is how difficulty settings work. In general, it should take no more than 2-3 "hits" to kill trash and no more than 15-25 seconds to kill an elite. Increasing the difficulty inflates mob HP far more than the damage that they do (which, I don't necessarily agree with, but it is what it is). Basically, if it is taking FOREVER to kill stuff but you aren't dying you should still consider lowering the difficulty because you will probably earn more gold/xp by progressing more quickly at a lower difficulty.

At the same time, if you are basically 1 shotting everything then you might want to increase the difficulty.

Once you reach max level, as of v2.1, probably the most productive activity is to farm Act 1 bounty caches for the Ring of Royal Grandeur (RoRG). This is done in Adventure mode and is best to do it on Normal. If you join an online Public game set for "Bounties" on Normal Adventure Mode, all of the players will be farming that Act 1 bounty for the RoRG in the Act 1 Cache (the leg bonus is basically required to compete at higher levels).  What you do is something called "split bounties".  Join a public Normal difficulty Adventure mode set for "Bounties" and join a game. Once you join, open the map and go to Act 1 and just pick any bounty that is not currently being worked on by another player. Try to complete the bounty as quickly as possible (just run past mobs unless killing them is part of the bounty). Once you finish the bounty, open the map and find another one that is either not being worked on or (if none are free) join up with someone and help them finish the bounty faster. Once all the bounties for Act 1 are done, collect your Bounty cache reward, exit the game, rinse and repeat. If you do that process until you get your RoRG, you will also have A LOT of Rift Key fragments and Marquise Gems. I think I read somewhere that the RoRG has a 1% drop rate. That doesn't necessarily mean that if you run 100x Act 1 bounties you will get 1. Some "lucky" folks will get it on the first cache drop. Someone considered "unlucky" may take 150 - 200 caches before they see one. That is probably the biggest complaint about the current Season setup because RRoG is really the 1 item that required to progress across all classes. Someone who is exceptionally unlucky with those rolls may not hit the leader boards because of that.

After that you'll have a TON of keys and are ready to move on to Rifts. Pretty much the next step is to farm Rifts for your class uber set. That can either drop in the Rift on T1+ difficulty or potentially Kadala from Blood Shards.

Hope that gives you some direction. There is more work to be done than that, but that should give you some "goals" for when you hit 70. What I found with my Demon Hunter in Seasons is that my 6 piece Maurder set bonus trumps any stat optimization by far. Not sure if that is the case for other classes, but at least for DH it seems more reasonable as a first goal to get the set pieces and as a secondary goal to optimize stats. I was stuck in T1/T2, and went to T5/T6 after I got my set bonus and am not working on optimizing stats.

#2499 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,602 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 23:40

2.1 has hit consoles, stealth update! Ohhhh yeah.

#2500 johnporter29

johnporter29

a = 1; b = 2; a + b = c

• 749 posts
  • Phone: Moto G 4G

Posted 28 November 2014 - 22:40

Hope I'm posting this in the right place.

I know it's fairly old now, but I have just got into playing Diablo 3, currently playing the Campaign. My parents have been and bought me the Expansion, Reaper of Souls, if I install this now, would I lose my current game and/or Hero, or would I get a choice of what to play?

#2501 Aergan

Aergan

Neowinian Senior

• 2,602 posts
  • OS: Windows 8.1 Pro | Xubuntu | OSX Yosemite| Server 2012 R2 | Ubuntu Server
  • Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

Posted 28 November 2014 - 22:52

You'll get an additional chapter to play after you complete Chapter 4. It's not something that will let you start playing straight away untill you have completed the first 4 chapters.

#2502 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

• 6,943 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 23:14

You won't lose anything. You'll unlock Reaper of Souls levels once you finish chapter for on any difficulty.

Official Diablo 3 thread here:

http://www.neowin.ne...116-diablo-iii/

#2503 Andrew

Andrew

Guardian

• 25,354 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 00:45

Merged