Matt Uelmen did the music for Torchlight and is working on the music for Torchlight 2. I'm frankly just as eager for Torchlight 2 as I am Diablo 3. Torchlight 1 was a lot of fun, but I wish they would have made the story line more compelling.

Then I'm a comedian. Quit talking the talk and get some proof I am wrong rather than just trying to come up with short little comments to attempt to disprove what I've said.

you have to be rather ignorant or high on something to thing this game won't be cracked...

You'd have to emulate a lot if you wanted to play without giving Blizzard your money. It's probably possible, but it won't be a quick crack.

yeah, but saying it won't happen is just retarded

you have to be rather ignorant or high on something to thing this game won't be cracked...

I never said it won't be cracked, I said it wont be a simple crack, as they will need to emulate the server aspects of battle.net (like they have to do with WoW to play it without connecting to blizz servers) to crack it.....maybe you should learn to read before commenting on anothers post....stop trying to cherry-pick a sentence or two from my post and take that sentence as a statement on its own....there's a reason I wrote more than that one sentence, because they tie in together, and no single sentence I wrote sums up my point. If you want to try to disprove me, disprove my point, not a single sentence that contributes to my overall point.

You agreed with what Elliott said, which is exactly my point, so you disagree with me, then agree with my point in the next line. Who is the "rather ignorant" or "high on something" one? The person who is trying to prove a point, or the one who disagrees with one persons idea, then agrees with another person who has the same exact idea?

Lets try to keep this thread free of bashing each other about possible/inevitable cracks, shall we? It probably will be cracked at some point, because people will always find a way to play for free and/or offline. I for one don't mind the game always being online.

I was initially angry about it back when Blizzard announced the game needs to always be online. However, when I thought about it, it's not that big of a deal. I have a broadband connection that's always on, and hardly ever goes down. When it does go down it's not down for longer than a few hours. When I travel it's usually for vacation, in which case I don't bring games with me anyway. So, at least in my situation, this DRM doesn't affect me much.

The only people who are really, detrimentally affected by this DRM are people who are on the road a lot for business and like to play games, or people with dial-up/slow connections. Forturnately, for the rest of us those two groups are really small compared to the majority of PC gamers.

I'd also argue that the demographic of people with dial-up connections is so small today that the sub-group of those people who actually have a computer good enough to run Diablo 3 AND want to play it is almost non-existent. So in all likelihood, only traveling business people that play full-fledged games are really affected by this DRM.

If your internet goes out and you want to play, that is tough luck. I know I would be mad about it, but then again, it's only going to last for a little while. I'm sure there are other things I can find to keep myself occupied. I really think people are bitching about this over nothing.

Lastly, Blizzard is still running servers for the original battle.net. 12 years later, I can still (and have done so often) log into battle.net and play Diablo 2. I don't think we need to worry about their server's disappearing over night.

The only people who are really, detrimentally affected by this DRM are people who are on the road a lot for business and like to play games, or people with dial-up/slow connections. Forturnately, for the rest of us those two groups are really small compared to the majority of PC gamers.

From what I understand Diablo 3 has actually been optimized as much as possible to allow people with dial-up connections to play. Sure they will get more latency than others, but it is being designed to run on dial-up.

EDIT: As for bashing each other....I'm just returning the favor after being bashed for the last few pages with a flawed argument due to him refusing to read my whole post.

I never said it won't be cracked, I said it wont be a simple crack, as they will need to emulate the server aspects of battle.net (like they have to do with WoW to play it without connecting to blizz servers) to crack it..... maybe you should learn to read before commenting on anothers post....stop trying to cherry-pick a sentence or two from my post and take that sentence as a statement on its own....there's a reason I wrote more than that one sentence, because they tie in together, and no single sentence I wrote sums up my point. If you want to try to disprove me, disprove my point, not a single sentence that contributes to my overall point.

You agreed with what Elliott said, which is exactly my point, so you disagree with me, then agree with my point in the next line. Who is the "rather ignorant" or "high on something" one? The person who is trying to prove a point, or the one who disagrees with one persons idea, then agrees with another person who has the same exact idea?

maybe you should follow your own advice?

And people pirating it will be unable to play the game period.

(Y) :rolleyes:

Lets try to keep this thread free of bashing each other about possible/inevitable cracks, shall we? It probably will be cracked at some point, because people will always find a way to play for free and/or offline. I for one don't mind the game always being online.

Est Veritas

And people pirating it will be unable to play the game period.

Yup, rajputwarrior is not bashing your point, just letting you know that your statement was too..... conclusive

Personally I'm going and want to pay for the game, but if they cripple single player in order to sell DLC ...... :no:

Waiting for an emulator and either have a client-side emulator run in the background is not as "hassle-free" as the person I responded to was implying it would be.

Go on to read my further post replying to yours:

Therefor you cannot simply emulate the servers response signal, you would have to emulate the server in full to be able to play, which physically yes, it can be done, but it will take quite awhile, and any major updates will break it.....just like WoW private servers.

Right there I fully agree that what you are talking about can be done, and honestly, I know it will be done. But again, it is not a hassle-free crack where the game launches, and 2 hours later a crack releases that lets anyone play it. While I agree yes, I did generalize my first statement, it was a reply to a person saying pirates would get a "hassle-free" experience, my point (as proven by my later posts) was that it wouldn't be hassle-free.

Waiting for an emulator and either have a client-side emulator run in the background is not as "hassle-free" as the person I responded to was implying it would be.

Go on to read my further post replying to yours:

Right there I fully agree that what you are talking about can be done, and honestly, I know it will be done. But again, it is not a hassle-free crack where the game launches, and 2 hours later a crack releases that lets anyone play it. While I agree yes, I did generalize my first statement, it was a reply to a person saying pirates would get a "hassle-free" experience, my point (as proven by my later posts) was that it wouldn't be hassle-free.

sweet, but you still said it and then accused me of not being able to read. so GG (Y)

and i was never bashing you personally. i was bashing your statement. if i came across that way, my bad.

sweet, but you still said it and then accused me of not being able to read. so GG (Y)

and i was never bashing you personally. i was bashing your statement. if i came across that way, my bad.

Sorry, but I'm not used to people sticking to 1 sentence I said in an early post and completely ignoring my reasoning in my follow up posts. To me, it appeared that you either had something against me because you were agreeing with people who had similar views to me, but disagreeing with me directly, or didn't read my subsequent posts before posting again yourself.

I dunno..it seems like it would be trivial for Blizzard to implement a system that keeps offline players happy. Diablo 2's model was good. If you want to play with a character that is stored on your machine then you can but you won't have access to the ladders. They could do the same in Diablo 3, disable "offline" characters from earning achievements or the auction house etc.

It does seem like they are implementing the system to thwart piracy but it will only be effective for so long... the other "reasons" are good for players who want to play in an environment with reduced cheating (I'm sure people will also figure out how to cheat, but at least they risk being banned if they do).

Shall we start placing bets on when Diablo 3 will be cracked open for pirates? :shifty:

I say 2 to 3 months tops.

I dunno..it seems like it would be trivial for Blizzard to implement a system that keeps offline players happy. Diablo 2's model was good. If you want to play with a character that is stored on your machine then you can but you won't have access to the ladders. They could do the same in Diablo 3, disable "offline" characters from earning achievements or the auction house etc.

It does seem like they are implementing the system to thwart piracy but it will only be effective for so long... the other "reasons" are good for players who want to play in an environment with reduced cheating (I'm sure people will also figure out how to cheat, but at least they risk being banned if they do).

Shall we start placing bets on when Diablo 3 will be cracked open for pirates? :shifty:

I say 2 to 3 months tops.

i say more like 2-3 days tops... for every smart computer engineer out there, there are at least two or three smarter hackers out there.

The no pause thing doesn't bother me either... Its the type of game that if you need to quickly get to town or a safe spot you can. And if you can't then you die. But I doubt dying has much consequence unless you are going for an achievement or playing on harder difficulties (like in D2).

Keep in mind, it is in beta form. The feedback provided by the testers should more than likely result in pausing, longer time between auto-logoff and perhaps bursts of internet data in lieu of constant feed.

i say more like 2-3 days tops... for every smart computer engineer out there, there are at least two or three smarter hackers out there.

There already is a working sandbox for the beta. However, it is going to take a lot of time before it is actually playable Everything is server based, so it will take awhile for a proper server emulator (with a database of all mobs, items, spawns etc) to appear.

SK[' timestamp=1316763717' post='594332506]

Offline play won't affect me. Offline in D2 was just somewhere I could use hacked chars.

Ditto!

The no-pause thing kind of bothers me. But then again, it wouldn't be hard to implement a pause feature if enough support is given to it. Gears of War co-op has a good pause system that would work well for Diablo 3, I think. Hopefully Blizzard will take a page out of Epic's playbook and do something similar.

Diablo III to Arrive in Early 2012

(source)

I knew it was going to happen, but I was really hoping it wouldn't. *sigh* I love and hate Blizzard for their propensity to delay game launches.