Keyboards  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What Keyboard Do You Use?

• Standard
    • Swype
    • SlideIT
    • Swiftkey X
    • Thumb Keyboard
    • That One that is in a Circle (can't remember the name).
    • Another (not listed)
  2. 2. Are You Satisfied With It?

• Yes
    • It'll Do
    • No

Well, I used Swype from the start, pretty much.

It's a shame it doesn't have a few UK tweaks, as I have to swap screens to use the £ sign, but it'll do.

Just wondering.

Edited by SHoTTa35
tagged

I use Swiftkey X, and I love it! Its prediction is great, I can type away without even looking and I know for certain I'm missing half the keys, but it still comes out correct.

I have tried Swype, and maybe it's because I didn't give it enough chance, but the whole swiping procedure just didn't sit well with me.

MultiLing. It's got tons of languages (of which I currently need only three) and it's quite customizable. I could care less for prediction.

Color scheme could be close to the black of the original gingerbread but it'll do.

I use Gingerbread keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Ace. It's currently my favorite keyboard, but I'm open to trying a few others. I'm interested in giving Swiftkey X a go, but I'm not sure I want to buy an app when I already have an excellent keyboard. I tried Swype, but the swiping motion doesn't feel too natural to me. The installed Samsung keyboard is alright, though it is 'Apple-inspired', in my opinion. Gingerbread keyboard is definitely my favorite at the moment though: so many features, and the prediction is excellent.

I use Gingerbread keyboard on my Samsung Galaxy Ace. It's currently my favorite keyboard, but I'm open to trying a few others. I'm interested in giving Swiftkey X a go, but I'm not sure I want to buy an app when I already have an excellent keyboard. I tried Swype, but the swiping motion doesn't feel too natural to me. The installed Samsung keyboard is alright, though it is 'Apple-inspired', in my opinion. Gingerbread keyboard is definitely my favorite at the moment though: so many features, and the prediction is excellent.

I suggest not trying Swiftkey X unless it goes on a sale again. I was a big Swiftkey fan, and still am. The way it works is great, however, how it performs is not. I find that I type too fast for it and it constantly skips letters and can't keep up. It seems like it's in the delay of the autocorrect that it stops listening to key presses, and for that split second, I've probably already hit 2 or 3 more keys.

I've been using the (Gingerbread) Android Keyboard, and it's by far the best for fast typers.

I use swype. It came standard on my phone (atrix), and after a while I got used to it, the predicting is still a bit wonky, but it works pretty well.

See, I can't seem to steer away from Swype as it's just the quickest.

Sometimes it annoys me, there has been plenty of faults on the Swype forums, but I should give SwiftKeyX a real trial. The 8Pen one, I really don't understand that!

On my OG Droid I have swype installed for a softkeyboard however, i generally use the physical keyboard, on my Xoom I use thumb keyboard.

I suggest not trying Swiftkey X unless it goes on a sale again. I was a big Swiftkey fan, and still am. The way it works is great, however, how it performs is not. I find that I type too fast for it and it constantly skips letters and can't keep up. It seems like it's in the delay of the autocorrect that it stops listening to key presses, and for that split second, I've probably already hit 2 or 3 more keys.

I've been using the (Gingerbread) Android Keyboard, and it's by far the best for fast typers.

I downloaded the Trial version, which lasts a month. So far, I find that I'm back to using Gingerbread keyboard already. I know that Swiftkey is good, but I just don't find that it's as appealing for me. I don't know why but it seems that Gingerbread keyboard ticks all the boxes for me. It does everything I want and I'm so much more familiar with it than any other keyboard. Maybe in the future I'll either grow bored of it, or I'll simply need to find something else. I'm not really a fast typist on my phone (let's blame it on my big thumbs), but I can understand it would be frustrating for those who actually are really fast at typing on their phone.