Keyboards  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What Keyboard Do You Use?

• Standard
    • Swype
    • SlideIT
    • Swiftkey X
    • Thumb Keyboard
    • That One that is in a Circle (can't remember the name).
    • Another (not listed)
  2. 2. Are You Satisfied With It?

• Yes
    • It'll Do
    • No

Used Swype for the longest time but now use FlexT9 which was a free app on Amazon a few months ago. Works ok and every now and then, the app restarts itself and I have to restart the text app for it to work properly. Like Swype where you can drag acrossed the screen to spell a word. And its hit/miss when it recognizes the correct work. Swype recognizes some words better and vise versa.

Been using Swype since I got my OG Droid a little over two years ago, doubt I'll be stopping any time soon. I used to think I couldn't have a phone without a physical QWERTY, but I was wrong. I've used the keyboard maybe 3 times since I've had it. My next phone will definitely not have a physical keyboard.

On my Xoom I use the stock keyboard for now, does fine for me.

I've been using Swype for a couple of months now and I'm loving it, so much quicker than the traditional on screen keyboard when you get the hang of it :)

/me lol's quietly at the folks who didn't notice where this was posted and instead responded about their desktop computer keyboards.

I tried SwiftKey X, but I feel that the default keyboard's autocorrect is much better and results in faster typing for me. I'd rather type faster, make mistakes, and have the autocorrect fix it (it's usually right) than type slower and have to worry about SwiftKey choosing the right word for me. Also, SwiftKey annoys me how when you backspace to the last character of the word, it doesn't show you the possible options for that word anymore like the default keyboard does.

Wheres the option for a physical keyboard, like a real man?

This is for Android OS virtual keyboards... I guess if you want to lug around a physical one for your phone that's ok... :p

I can't say I've used most of the other ones but i really like the standard Gingerbread keyboard. Can't wait to see how the ICS one is but Gingerbread rocks for now.

I can't believe only 17 people use Swype. It's AWESOME - you must give it another try.

I have it as my virtual keyboard but I hardly use it. Works good when in portrait but has nothing on a physical keyboard.

-Standard (as far as i am concerned Standard are the best keyboard as all those other funny shapes are just awkward)

-Yes

i use a 'Logitech K120' keyboard which i just upgraded to about a couple months ago from a 10 year old keyboard and it was a big upgrade and only costs $12 @ Walmart.

that keyboard i am sure is difficult to beat for a basic keyboard as it feels nice to type and is noticeably quieter vs my old Alienware keyboard i had since 2001 (plus it takes up less space to) and it's dirt cheap.

you can't really beat a 'Logitech K120' when you factor in overall feel/price.

-Standard (as far as i am concerned Standard are the best keyboard as all those other funny shapes are just awkward)

-Yes

i use a 'Logitech K120' keyboard which i just upgraded to about a couple months ago from a 10 year old keyboard and it was a big upgrade and only costs $12 @ Walmart.

that keyboard i am sure is difficult to beat for a basic keyboard as it feels nice to type and is noticeably quieter vs my old Alienware keyboard i had since 2001 (plus it takes up less space to) and it's dirt cheap.

you can't really beat a 'Logitech K120' when you factor in overall feel/price.

this poll is for an android device lol

Just got a Galaxy S2. Tried every keyboard. Finally settled on the Thumb Keyboard with the split layout. Different, but love it.

All the other ones had a horrible time typing accurately.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Swiftkey X and Thumb, I also have some others like Swype and CM7's modded GB keyboard.

I like Swiftkey's learning abilities and Thumb's customisation abilities. They're both great keyboards and I often switch between both.

Thumb offers customisation of KB layout though and that is a big plus for large screen phone users:

Thumb keyboard ftw. I've noticed some people have posted physical PC keyboards in this thread not realising we're on about software android keyboards :p