Apple iPhone 5 Conference Information

132 members have voted

1. 1. If you are an Android user will you buy the iPhone 5?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

I'm a iPhone 4 user who also has an iPad as well - if I am going to upgrade it probably won't be for another 3 months at the earliest. For all the benefits that it might bring for me I'm pretty happy with what exists today although that might change if some killer app comes out that really benefits from the improved hardware.

The big thing for me is iOS 5 and the massive improvements to Safari just as I am excited with 10.7.2 that'll deliver Safari 5.1.1 with mid-October Adobe going to release Flash 11. Things are definitely improving at a fast pace but I wonder with having an engineer at the helm of Apple that there will be a shift in focus to not releasing things until all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

Even though I have a 3GS I won't be upgrading, mainly because I don't have the money available. I'll be interested in what's announced but my 3GS will be lasting me a while longer.

The ridiculousness of this poll is the amount of people blindly saying they will buy a product they haven't even seen.

Truly incredible how much people are influenced by marketing to the point of complete inability to think rationally.

QFT.

I can't say if i will buy it, nor if it's good of not before i see it. I'ts after all hardware combined with software.

Undoubtedly, Apple know how to make good Hardware and good software but it doesn't equal to be a good combination.

I was an iPhone user,power user if you like (jailbreaking, unlocking -ziphone) true it was the first iPhone - but nothing serious has changed, still you need the iTunes (unless you crack it and loose you warranty), still bundled to what they say it's right.

rooting Google device it much "safer" in the warranty side.

using google device it much more straight forward for me. (widgets and stuff, good launchers, i've heard in on the 5's OS, but it isn't as good).

I now have HTC Desire (for a year now, the device is more than 1.5 years now on market),

I like it very much (After 9 months of use with total stock i'm now on Oxygen 2.1.6). very good device, high build quality,

no crashed (even on stock),

does everything i need as i want to without stupid Apple limitations

I might some day return to be an apple user. i don't know - for some reason i don't see that day coming.

As an android and galaxy S 2 user, I wouldn't bother buying a device playing catch up. I'll probably look at buying Windows Phone 7 device as secondary phone if any.

Currently a Desire HD user, using the phone since launch in October/November last year. Love the phone and really happy with the OS, it really has come a long way since Android 1.5 Cup Cake. Not too fussed by the release of the iPhone 5, I won't be moving to it as I have had a very positive experience with Android and the HTC Hero and now the Desire HD.

However as with all releases I look forward to seeing the new tech and related features. It spurs on Android development and conversely the same is true with Apple and iOS when major releases of devices/Android OS are released.

We've seen the software and similar hardware in the iPad 2 (if previous trends are followed). Personally I am not happy with the state of Android, and while I'm happy with the direction of Windows Phone 7 it's not where it needs to be yet. With those two eliminated, factoring in all that we know already about the iPhone I think it's pretty fair to say "I'm getting the next iPhone".

(Y) My exact same feelings.. I have the Galaxy S (Captivate) and you hit the nail on the head for me

The ridiculousness of this poll is the amount of people blindly saying they will buy a product they haven't even seen.

Truly incredible how much people are influenced by marketing to the point of complete inability to think rationally.

Here is how I see it. It will be just as good as the iPhone 4. Chances are very good it will indeed be better. I think that is fully rational to think.

So case in point. My wife needs a new phone. Her Droid Incredible is slowly dying, and she is up for her Verizon 2 year contract, has been for 2 months now actually. Instead of getting a new phone right when her 2 years was up, she decided to wait for an iPhone. Why?

My household is mainly a mac environment, especially my wife, she uses our iMac for all of her music, contacts, etc. So for her, an iPhone makes sense. She is not the type of person that will ever install anything other than official apps. Sure she can get the iPhone 4 now, but why not wait and get the new one that comes out if she can?

So she has pretty much made up her mind about getting an iPhone 5. Unless Apple changes it drastically and or somehow takes 3 steps backwards, which I do not see happening, why would she not get it?

I currently have a iPod Touch 4g and I love it, I am looking forward to the next iPhone and plan on getting it when I upgrade in March... From what I have heard the new phone is supposed to have the a5 dual-core processor and 1gb of ram

I left iPhone for Android, now I'm leaving Android for iPhone. Sorry but Android sucks ass. Was happy with the Desire though, nicely built, shame about the crap speaker and camera that blurs every picture.

Dont really care what they shall announce, since i have iPhone 4 i just need an updated OS with all the cool things which was shown ages ago.

I hope they make the screen bigger, if so then I'll probably upgrade from my iPhone 4.

The updates to iOS will be welcome as well :)

I have been waiting to get my hands on an iPhone since they debuted. I love Android and all, but the iPhone revolutionized the industry and they're the most amazing-looking phone I've ever seen.

There will probably be a new version of iTunes too, right?

There is a beta for iTunes 10.5 right now...

I really hope there will be an iPhone 5 too.... I've been waiting for the new iPhone since January... if I would have known I would have just picked up an iPhone4 :/

i have an iphone 4 and i love it. does everythingi need it to do (street fighter!) plus i still have another year apple care on it. so while i am interested in this new one, i'm not buying it.

I hope they make the screen bigger, if so then I'll probably upgrade from my iPhone 4.

The updates to iOS will be welcome as well :)

i think the screen on the iphoen is the perfect size. the galaxy screen is HUGE

I highly doubt if apple will unveil an iPhone 5. But since they are late and all they need to bring up something fresh to fight the competition. Andorid is already catching up.

If the new iPhone has a good battery life I will give my SGS2 to my Girlfriend and buy one as soon as its released. I love android handsets but I dunno.. every single one I have seems to have terrible battery life!

Very sad I waited all this time when I could have just gotten an iPhone 4 in January :(

that sucks, if it's 4s im presuming it's just faster and probably has a better camera... dual core even?

that sucks, if it's 4s im presuming it's just faster and probably has a better camera... dual core even?

Yea but to be honest I was hoping for a new design... The iPhone 4 was fast enough for what I do

Yea but to be honest I was hoping for a new design... The iPhone 4 was fast enough for what I do

i can definitely vouch for that. i phone 4 is still a nice phone. i still don't get the hype of all those android phones rushing dual cores out the door when the OS doesn't really take advantage of it... doesn't even have hardware acceleration for christ sakes.