Chrome is a toy browser. All they care about is speed which is largely negligible on today's PCs and completely avoid actually making it usable.

Firefox Nightly 10 is/feel faster than Chrome and the rendering is better!

I can't use Firefox anymore because of the stupid bugs. The most annoying of which is when the entire browser freezes when the mouse is not moving. Page loading, downloads, everything halts. If you keep moving the mouse it starts going again though. It first happened in Firefox 4 and continued all the way through 6, and looking online a lot of people are having this problem. Firefox used to be great but it's a buggy, slow outdated piece of garbage now.

I can't use Firefox anymore because of the stupid bugs. The most annoying of which is when the entire browser freezes when the mouse is not moving. Page loading, downloads, everything halts. If you keep moving the mouse it starts going again though. It first happened in Firefox 4 and continued all the way through 6, and looking online a lot of people are having this problem. Firefox used to be great but it's a buggy, slow outdated piece of garbage now.

I never experienced any of those problems, did you try doing a clean install?

I'm an avid fan of chrome, use it my PC at home, at work on my net book and would on my mobile if there was a mobile version, can't imagine me using any other browser. And I think there suppose to be releasing a x64 bit version soon too.

Here we are again, another "what is best" browser.

For me:

Internet Explorer - Believes in making a simple, usable browser for the masses. It's not ugly but does come with it's own problems.

Firefox - I used it for a while, but I wouldn't worship it like I see some people do. Taking on IE was a brave move but it's clear they are behind. Plus, after realising how much crap you could bloat the browser up with, I realised I didn't actually need most of it. I do miss a few extensions but I have done without them. I find people who use Firefox believe anyone using anything different is trash, and would say so.

Chrome - Again, there are many who seem to worship this browser and it seems people who are using this browser think theirs is the best and secretly talk about it. It's fast but that video of them loading pages from the PC was somewhat an embarrassing mistake. I just wish they could fix the downlaod dialog (I want to be asked every time) and the download bar (I want it to close!).

Am I glad they are pushing Firefox off the number 2 spot. Yes. Firefox somewhat deserves it from the attitude they created and the ridicule they put IE users through.

Firefox - I used it for a while, but I wouldn't worship it like I see some people do. Taking on IE was a brave move but it's clear they are behind. Plus, after realising how much crap you could bloat the browser up with, I realised I didn't actually need most of it. I do miss a few extensions but I have done without them. I find people who use Firefox believe anyone using anything different is trash, and would say so.

I really like Firefox but thinkng someone else is trash because it doesn't fit them is nuts. I know I see how people post about Firefox or MS or whatever because they believe in something different, but it's just them being proud of what they have/use/do. I see this in my area about what kind of car you drive as well. You drive a Ford.. OMG you are nuts. Or you don't drive a Dodge?? what the heck is wrong with you. It's just people belieing in what they have. Don't be offended by them even if they are the ones that are acting nutty. lol

BTW folks (that do this) I don't put myself above you either. I am above NO ONE. I've been there before myself I'm sure. But I've learned to relize just how nutty it is to act that way. We all have different taste and needs so what we like is different. What is perfect for us is different. Sorry just had to post this, I see to much going back and forth over nothing. Enjoy Firefox.. enjoy IE enjoy whatever you like.. and let others enjoy what they like. :D yea crazy man here. :p

Been using Chrome since 2008 and it is still me 100% primary browser. I use it at home, at work, and is what I install on other peoples computers when setting it up.

Never liked FF, I don't know why, but it just never really made me want to use it over IE. Chrome was the only browser that changed me from IE. Played with Opera and Safari, Safari was an awesome browser, but I felt opera to be bulky.

Firefox has been available in 64 bit for quite awhile, you just need to use the nightly. I'm using Firefox 10 x64 right now.

Also, according to the Waterfox site, all they did was compile the Firefox source code for 64 bit systems and rename it, so you'd be better off using the Firefox nightly.

Do you know what nightly builds are done for? It's only for testing purpose, not day to day usage.

Do you consider Windows 8 as "released" since they gave the DP to everyone? Same thing here.

And for now, there are no official stable build of firefox for 64bits on Windows. But it's only a matter of few months.

Would use Chrome as I loved it, but it has some serious scrolling issues with lots of pictures for instance or any webpage where there is a lot of content. Firefox/IE do not have this issue for me.

Chrome is a toy browser. All they care about is speed which is largely negligible on today's PCs and completely avoid actually making it usable.

Speed is largely negligible? Have you tried scrolling on Neowin since the new themes in Chrome? It's a slugfest. Firefox and IE9 however have hardware accelerated rendering and it's smooth as butter. Speed will always play a crucial role, and with the web and javascript emerging as real alternatives to the usual OS application development, speed will become even more important. With the rise of technologies such as WebGL the speed of javascript is directly proportional to how fast the content is rendered. The JS speed race is on.

Couldn't care less.

Why did you bother posting then? This is the most useless post I've seen all year.

I don't really care which browser is on top, it isn't going to pull my away from Firefox. The only way that would happen is it Mozilla completely lose their heads.

I have always felt chrome to be really fast, hec, even on a 2.0 Ghz dual core laptop it loads up blazing fast, compared to ie 9 and ff7, where both of them are slow...

Chrome is a great browser. In a way, I'm glad it has a decent amount of usage share. I used it up until Firefox 4 was released. Since then, I've been using Firefox exclusively despite having the latest version of Chrome installed. I prefer it over Chrome because of its text rendering and customization options. I'm open to switching back to Chrome if they could add hardware rendering for text. Currently, it looks nowhere near as good as Firefox 7.

If anything, I hope this encourages Mozilla to improve Firefox even more. :)

• Like 1

FF7 is a very nice improvement.

I keep hearing how chrome is a botnet but I keep thinking to myself whoever is gonna know about me already has, I'm not gonna be paranoid but I still want to make a better choice to protect my privacy.

Your post is completely contradictory and all over the place.

Why do Chrome and IE vary so regularly, opposite to each other? :/

A lot of people are forced to use IE all day at work and come home to use Chrome - most usage being on the weekends.

Interface:

IE9 < Chrome < Opera < Firefox

IE9 hides the ugly and looks pretty unless you want to configure it and it turns ugly pretty fast. Chrome is aimed at lowest denominator. Opera is balanced, but no right click menu on back button. Firefox is winrar.

For Opera, you just hold down the left button to get a menu.

I have always felt chrome to be really fast, hec, even on a 2.0 Ghz dual core laptop it loads up blazing fast, compared to ie 9 and ff7, where both of them are slow...

I found this to be the case as well, but their scrolling issues are really starting to bug me now. Dragging the scroll bar down on pages like the Desktop threads on Neowin, annoys me now. Would rather use Firefox and not have this issue. I believe IE9/Oper have no issues eithers.

I have noticed a trend with a lot of popular software having Chrome bundled in the installer, and you have to uncheck it rather than check it when installing. This has probably artificially inflated the numbers.

Well, those stats tracking sites are about usage stats, not installed base stats, so just installing it wouldn't inflate the numbers. It means many people have sticked using it after installing it.