PSN 'An Almost Complete Failure' and Team Meat Are 'Loud Crybab

i was surprised to find out all PSN codes are IP locked, including free DLC for games/special editions. this means as long as i work overseas i can't use any of that on my US account. i can't even play Resistance 3 online. that's not the way to do things now with the population becoming more and more mobile, Sony.

You can use your US account anywhere?

The only thing that's region locked is DLC, so if your game is from the UK for example, you have to buy the DLC from the UK store. It will all however work on your US account just fine after purchased. My LBP is american, I bought LBP DLC from the US store on my US account, but play it all through my main UK account.

so i need to buy a MP code for Resistance 3 from the US store? didn't i already pay for this when i bought the game new? with all due good intentions, there's no defending this system, it's archaic and counter-productive.

so i need to buy a MP code for Resistance 3 from the US store? didn't i already pay for this when i bought the game new? with all due good intentions, there's no defending this system, it's archaic and counter-productive.

That's strange, what you 'should' do then if you bought the Resistance 3 game in the EU for example is create an EU user account and register it on that account. Admittedly it does seem a little silly as a game is a game. I had a similar issue with LBP. I had a code for the Kratos costume but had imported the game from the US so it didn't work.

Trolley, that's what PSN support told me to do, but i'm not opening new accounts every time i move, that's ridiculous. the service should be global. if pricing is the issue then do price changes based on IP, i have no problem with paying more or less, but don't lock me out.

EDIT: let alone for an MP "voucher", which is a corrupt idea to begin with. why do we need a code to play the MP portion now? second hand market? how is that my problem? i don't like this trend at all.

I don't see how indie games section having minecraft clones and "angry fish" is going against what he said. Sure they are clones, but they seem to be of a good quality, and they made it through microsoft review and were found satisfactory.

Well, the stupid unheard-of indie developer at least has enough backbone for an apology:

Last week, we heard from an up-and-coming indie developer who had some harsh words for Sony and the PlayStation Network, and independent developer Team Meat, which has been vocal about a lack of support from Microsoft. Guillaume Boucher-Vidal, Studio Manager at Nine Dots Studio Inc., now regrets his choice of words, however, and he asked us to publish an apology letter.

Here it is in full.

_ _

An apology for my loud mouth

There's a world of difference between sharing an opinion in public and behind closed doors with friends and colleagues. Apparently, this little bit of insight escaped my mind for a while. Let me explain. Following this article, I decided to follow through with the author's invitation to get in touch and share my experiences.

However, I didn't think this through and just gave a brutally honest opinion piece, as if I was speaking my mind with a friend while having a drink. Naturally, such an approach ensured that my email would contain very inflammatory sentences, which when undiluted come out as a very harsh headline. Nowhere in my mind did I think that my email would be directly quoted, as I believed their intent was just to know what the spectrum of views on the matter was. In fact, I didn't even think they would care that much about my opinion, given that I'm still a no-name. But that doesn't excuse my behavior. I admit that I was too outspoken, and it was like throwing fuel to the fire and not expecting to get burnt. The same message could have been delivered with more elegance, if I had chosen my words better and acted with a cold head.

I think I am being frustrated to see Sony's PR bad-mouthing Microsoft at every corner while Microsoft almost never strikes back at them, even during the PSN fiasco, and that put me on edge. I also admit that I am personally irritated when I see Team Meat publicly bashing Microsoft as they do. Of course, I don't know the whole story behind their argument and never will. But in the end, I feel that it just makes indie developers look bad as a whole, and that means that Microsoft will think twice before dealing with us. They don't go through that kind of trouble when they do business with big publishers and I wish we could consistently offer them the same level of professionalism. And yes, I do get that I lacked professionalism myself or I wouldn't be writing this.

Now I want to make things clear: I do not blame IndustryGamers. I wasn't careful enough in my statements, and I assume full responsibility. That was a beginner's mistake that blew out of proportion and is now becoming a PR nightmare. I want to make amends. I want to be a positive force in this industry, which I follow closely every day. I check every numbers I can find, I follow a handful of websites daily and I have a huge collection of games because this is my passion, this is what I want to do. I started my own studio because I love video games, I'm very passionate about its industry, and always will be. So I hope I can make up for it, and more importantly, I hope that our games will speak for themselves better than I do.

I don't know if this will get to Team Meat, but I want to say I bitterly regret my words and I am sorry.

Guillaume Boucher-Vidal

Studio Manager

Nine Dots Studio Inc

Source: ']Industry Gamers

Sony's PR bad-mouthing Microsoft at every corner while Microsoft almost never strikes back at them

why does he care? :huh: