Noah (2013) [Paramount/Aronofsky]

Bdfk6.jpg

Darren Aronofsky looks to be finally moving towards production on Noah, his epically-scaled retelling of the biblical story of Noah and his ark. Deadline has the story, explaining that the Black Swan director is looking for backers for the film's proposed $130 million budget.

With Aronofsky's script undergoing rewrites by John Logan, it's likely a matter of studio backing as to whether Noah becomes his next project. His name has also been associated with Human Nature, Machine Man and several other projects.

Meanwhile, the film that he recently departed, The Wolverine, is still looking for a replacement director.

Read more: Darren Aronofsky Planning Noah - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=78477#ixzz1Oguc9upp

Are you sure this is official? Because Darren have said he wants to dedicate all his time in making that Tetsuo retelling.

Are you sure this is official? Because Darren have said he wants to dedicate all his time in making that Tetsuo retelling.

Deadline are rarely wrong but he might just be looking into funds first before pursuing this down the line

Deadline are rarely wrong but he might just be looking into funds first before pursuing this down the line

Maybe, it just seems weird since he will be qorking then full steam and with a lot of pressure, since Aronofsky's Tetosuo version (Called Machine Man, it seems) its scheduled for early 2012.

Vulture report..

Vulture hears that Aronofsky is in talks with Christian Bale about possibly starring in his take on Noah's Ark, to help secure studio backing for it. Presumably, Aronofsky wants Bale for the lead, even though Noah was 600 years old when the Great Flood hit, and Bale is only 37.

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/06/darren_aronofsky_wants_christi.html

• 3 months later...

Link....

BREAKING: Paramount and New Regency have formalized a deal to partner on Noah, the biblical epic that Darren Aronofsky will direct as his follow-up to the Oscar-nominated smash Black Swan. Deadline told you in late June that Paramount was going to win a project after a bidding battle with 20th Century Fox to partner with New Regency. Apparently it takes less time to build an ark and survive a biblical flood than it does to close a deal like this, but the partners have also locked in Gladiator scribe John Logan to rewrite the script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel. Aronofsky and Scott Franklin will produce it.

The film is being fast tracked in hopes of getting it into production by next spring. It fits in to Paramount?s mandate to make films with global appeal. ?Since I was a kid, I have been moved and inspired by the story of Noah and his family?s journey,? Aronofsky said. ?The imaginations of countless generations have sparked to this epic story of faith. It?s my hope that I can present a window into Noah?s passion and perseverance for the silver screen.? Aronofsky and Logan were repped by CAA.

• 6 months later...

Russell Crowe confirmed for Darren Aronofsky's 'Noah'

Russell Crowe has officially signed on to star in Darren Aronofsky's upcoming drama Noah.

It was reported last month that Crowe was attached to the biblical epic.

Deadline now reports that filmmakers have now made an official announcement, confirming the deal.

In a statement released on Sunday (April 22), Aronofsky says of the deal: "I'd like to thank Paramount and Regency for backing my team's work to breathe new life into the biblical epic. I rejoice that Russell Crowe will be by my side on this adventure. It's his immense talent that helps me to sleep at night. I look forward to being wowed by him every day."

The film, written by Aronofsky and and Ari Handel, will reportedly be a close adaptation of the biblical story, about the building of an ark to save humanity from a divine flood.

Aronofsky, whose film Black Swan received major accolades last year,

was recently linked to another project about George Washington.

Filming on Noah begins July in New York and Iceland, while release is scheduled for March 28, 2014 in the US.

• 1 month later...
Emma Watson in particular seems to be transitioning out of Hogwarts with ease. Her first post-Potter job was a supporting part in My Week with Marilyn, and over the next couple of years we?ll also see her in the YA adaptation The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Sofia Coppola?s The Bling Ring. But her newest role sounds like it could be the most intriguing yet. Watson has entered talks to board Darron Aronofsky?s biblical passion project Noah, joining Russell Crowe, Douglas Booth, and her Wallflower co-star Logan Lerman. More details after the jump.

Deadline has learned that Watson is negotiating for ?Ila, a young woman who develops a close relationship with Noah?s son, Shem.? To recap, Crowe has been attached to play the most famous ship-maker in the history of the universe for a few months, while Booth and Lerman signed on to play Noah?s sons Shem and Ham earlier this week.

Among the characters that have yet to be cast are those of Noah?s wife and his nemesis. Jennifer Connelly and Liam Neeson have been rumored for those roles for some time now, but Connelly has yet to be confirmed and Neeson is no longer in the running.

I think we?re all pretty familiar with the basics of the story by now, but in case you need a refresher, here?s the synopsis:

NOAH is a close adaptation of the Biblical story of Noah?s Ark. In a world ravaged by human sin, Noah is given a divine mission: to build an Ark to save creation from the coming flood. The screenplay was written by Aronofsky and Ari Handel and revised by Academy Award?-nominated screenwriter John Logan (GLADIATOR, HUGO).

Because Aronofsky is who he is, though, he says his Noah will be ?a dark, complicated character? ? in other words, not the simple religious figure you may have learned about in Sunday school as a kid. Shooting on Noah is scheduled to begin next month in Iceland and New York, with an opening set for March 28, 2014.

http://www.slashfilm.com/emma-watson-boards-darren-aronofskys-biblical-epic-noah/

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...