taking pics with iphone

what is the proper way of taking pictures with the iphone?

if i take a picture holding the phone straight up the pictures come out sideways when i transfer them to my pc.

if i take a picture holding the phone straight up the pictures come out sideways when i transfer them to my pc.

apple-iphone-4-you-are-holding-it-wrong.jpg

The orientation sensor in the iPhone normally makes sure that they come out right when transferred to the computer, but I have seen some software ignore that on occasion. To be fair, I've even seen this happen with other phones or even cameras that have orientation sensors as well.

You can rotate them without issues once copied to your computer.

You can rotate them without issues once copied to your computer.

True, but it becomes a problem when I want to upload them straight to facebook.

True, but it becomes a problem when I want to upload them straight to facebook.

You can rotate them in iOS, I believe. Or there are plenty of apps you can use to rotate them on the phone itself.

You can rotate them in iOS, I believe. Or there are plenty of apps you can use to rotate them on the phone itself.

Facebook has rotation feature built-in. You can't miss it.

True, but it's pointless if i have to go to ps express to rotate it so i can upload it, and no the rotate feature on facebook is on the desktop, not on the facebook app.

There's something definitely wrong here because I don't have this issue with videos.

Not sure how it is for pics, but it seems the only way to properly take vids with iPhone is landscape mode....i guess the same would be for pics too!