ios 5 GM question

Hey guys, I have a question about the ios 5 gm available to devs. Once this is installed, what happens on the 12th? Do you have to manually reload the final or is this the final?

Thanks

mi

Indeed, go for it, if you like.

Glassed Silver:mac

Hey guys, I have a question about the ios 5 gm available to devs. Once this is installed, what happens on the 12th? Do you have to manually reload the final or is this the final?

Thanks

mi

It is unclear what will happen on the 12th. You may be able to use OTA update to get the final, or you may have to do a restore in iTunes to get it. They fixed the bug where doing a restore would cause all of your icons to become disorganized after a restore, so I'm not too concerned about it either way. It may take awhile, but just set it up to restore before bed time or something. There isn't a whole lot to do after a restore (as it puts you right back where you left off) except enter a few passwords here and there.

There probably won't be a reason to update to the "Final" as it should be the exact same as the GM anyway, so you might just wait until the 5.0.x update if you go with the GM now.