Will you be buying an iPhone 4S?

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Yes, I'm upgrading from an existing iPhone.
    • Yes, I'm switching from a different manufacturer.
    • No, and I'm switching over to another manufacturer.
    • No, I'm sticking with my existing manufacturer.
    • No, I'm sticking with my existing iPhone.
    • No (other).

I have an HTC Legend running Android and might switch to Windows Phone when it expires . . . but no option for that :(. I have looked at the iPhone 4 but I have a lot of investment in Windows on my other devices, it would be interesting to standardise particularly with Windows 8 on the horizon.

Staying with my existing iPhone, since I don't have the funds to afford an upgrade.

I'm gonna go with Nexus Prime. 4.65" SuperAMOLED curved display with Gorilla glass, dual core 1.5Ghz next gen CPU, 1280x720 HD resolution with 320ppi pixel density and 1.5gb of ram and 1080p 60fps recording, 4G LTE etc. iPhone 4S is more of a new iPhone owner recommendation than the existing iPhone 4 one but considering what's coming in Android land, 4S is already obsolete.

IF my contract was up and I had to choose, I would say no. Currently have an HTC Desire HD. I would more likely stick with Android with a small possiblity of checking out WP7.

I'm gonna go with Nexus Prime. 4.65" SuperAMOLED curved display with Gorilla glass, dual core 1.5Ghz next gen CPU, 1280x720 HD resolution with 320ppi pixel density and 1.5gb of ram and 1080p 60fps recording, 4G LTE etc. iPhone 4S is more of a new iPhone owner recommendation than the existing iPhone 4 one but considering what's coming in Android land, 4S is already obsolete.

Didn't you just make a post like 3 days ago about how you thought it was ridiculous that users were considering the next iPhone before its been announced and how people shouldn't base their buying decisions on leaks and rumours. The Nexus Prime has not even been announced yet it's just leaks and you have already decided to buy it?

Bit of a hypocrite aren't you?

I hope those Prime specs are true because that is way better than the iPhone 4S.

I'm in the Windows Phone gang, but I would definitely consider some next generation iPod Touch. Have the 4G one currently.

And if rumours are to be believed, it looks like that the iPhone 5 would look very similar to the iPod 4G!

Didn't you just make a post like 3 days ago about how you thought it was ridiculous that users were considering the next iPhone before its been announced and how people shouldn't base their buying decisions on leaks and rumours. The Nexus Prime has not even been announced yet it's just leaks and you have already decided to buy it?

Bit of a hypocrite aren't you?

I hope those Prime specs are true because that is way better than the iPhone 4S.

I'm not a hypocrite.. SuperAMOLED HD display is confirmed and this is what I care about. Even If it has everything the same as my Galaxy S2 but with 1280x720 HD I would buy it.. So yeah..in addition the curved Gorilla display is also shown. This is what I care about. New design and gorgeous display. The rest will be almost certainly better than I have now but it's fine if it's the same.

I'm not a hypocrite.. SuperAMOLED HD display is confirmed and this is what I care about. Even If it has everything the same as my Galaxy S2 but with 1280x720 HD I would buy it.. So yeah..in addition the curved Gorilla display is also shown. This is what I care about. New design and gorgeous display. The rest will be almost certainly better than I have now but it's fine if it's the same.

Just based on leaks and rumours though Boz, the same kind of things people knew about the iPhone. We knew it would be better than the current iPhone we knew it would have a better camera we knew it would have the voice assistant and the A5 processor. Just like you are trying to explain your want by that you know it will have that bigger display.

Your original argument was people should not just base their buying decisions on leaks and rumours. That is what you've done and now that I've pointed it out maybe you'll be less of a hypocrite in future. Although I doubt it.

Just based on leaks and rumours though Boz, the same kind of things people knew about the iPhone. We knew it would be better than the current iPhone we knew it would have a better camera we knew it would have the voice assistant and the A5 processor. Just like you are trying to explain your want by that you know it will have that bigger display.

They are not rumors.. it's confirmed that it will be 1280x720 4.6" curved Gorilla display dubbed SuperAMOLED HD (3 months ago). Whatever goes as a CPU be it quad core or dual core 1.5ghz which is speculation at this point is fine with me. I don't care about that. Since I already know the quality of SuperAMOLED display it's a safe buy for me. I know I'm getting exactly what I want.

There was ZERO information about iPhone but what someone speculated which they were almost 100% wrong about. There was no pictures, nothing confirmed. There's a huge difference between buying into speculation you know absolutely nothing and nobody has seen it.

And Samsung's video is showing the display and the phone even as a glimpse of curved glass.

They are not rumors.. it's confirmed that it will be 1280x720 4.6" curved Gorilla display dubbed SuperAMOLED HD (3 months ago). Whatever goes as a CPU be it quad core or dual core 1.5ghz which is speculation at this point is fine with me. I don't care about that. Since I already know the quality of SuperAMOLED display it's a safe buy for me. I know I'm getting exactly what I want.

There was ZERO information about iPhone but what someone speculated which they were almost 100% wrong about. There was no pictures, nothing confirmed. There's a huge difference between buying into speculation you know absolutely nothing and nobody has seen it.

And Samsung's video is showing the display and the phone even as a glimpse of curved glass.

Show me the website where Samsung confirms the screen size in written text.

And there were leaked images of the iPhone 4S, its camera assembly, circuit board, A5 processor equipped to the logic board. Many of the specs of the iPhone 4S were known before the release. The only thing we didn't know about was the iPhone 5. No images of the phone only mock ups. The iPhone 4S however was concrete.

I understand your difficulty in admitting your a hypocrite. No one likes being called out. Also if you didn't care about those other specs, why list them :)

Show me the website where Samsung confirms the screen size in written text.

Eh? It's been confirmed my media who talked to Samsung. Not every confirmation has to be posted by Samsung.

You really have trouble realizing the difference between Apple's complete silence and zero information about the upcoming products and decision to purchase a product not based on features but just because it's a new iPhone and information about other products that have been confirmed or companies manufacturing talk to the media?

Unlike Apple Samsung talks to the media and reveals/confirms information coming out. The SuperAMOLED HD display has been confirmed 3 months ago. This is nothing new and I buy a product based on that. If for some reason or Samsung lying to others it comes out without it I won't buy it. What's so problematic for you to understand?

Compared to people who want to buy iPhone they will buy no matter what turd comes out of Apple and this is mostly because they have no other choice and second because it's a brand thing it has nothing to do with specs.

Btw, I listed specs for Nexus Prime because they sound impressive whether or not they will be like that is another story and the decision shouldn't be "I'm getting it" without knowing things that you are interested if you are buying a phone. In my case the primary interest is in the new display and curved design. Thats' why I want it and I'm 100% sure that's what it will be. Other things are less relevant to me, so I base by decision on the tangible evidence not what some bloggers "imagine" it might have.

And no, you didn't know sh*t about iPhone until yesterday.. everything was hear-say by bloggers and the only conclusion about the screen size and the phone was based on ridiculous cases from China.

I will Not be buying the iPhone 4s if you look in my signature you can see why. I have nothing against the iPhone just not the product for me.