About in a few words: A pack of three DirectShow filters that allow the splitting of many containers, and decoding of many audio/video formats.

Announcement: http://forum.doom9.o...313#post1530313

Changes:

LAV Splitter

- Improved handling of failures on the output pins

- Improved VC-1 in EVO timestamps

LAV Audio

- Added support for dynamic channel count changes in AAC

- Implemented support for sample format conversions

- Implemented Audio Delay options

- Disabled the WMA codecs by default

- Improved Bitstreaming data flow

LAV Video

- Fixed cropping of VP6 video

- New SSE2 YUV420 -> YUV422 converter

- Performance enhancements in the CUVID decoder on some systems

- Fixed playback with the XP Overlay Mixer

- Fixed a crash when decoding RGB video (Fraps, etc)

Download: Installer (both x86/x64) -- Zips: 32-bit & 64-bit

Some random remarks:

- LAV Splitter will now no longer completely stop playback if for example audio decoding fails, instead it'll just stop sending audio, but keep video going.

- The AAC channel changes are only known to work with LAV Splitter, because of the special way the AAC ADTS metadata has to be preserved and not stripped off like all other splitters do it.

- WMA is now off by default because the decoders are behaving rather oddly, and i would suggest using the MS decoders for it.

- The XP Overlay Mixer seemed to work for me, as well as some other guy, but who knows if it still needs more fixes.

Supports many more containers and audio/video formats. Less bugs. The first open source CUDA video decoder. Supports 10bits H.264. Tons of other feature Haali and Gabest don't provide. There are numerous files that play w/ this, but not w/ its competitors. Great performance.

Haali releases a new version every few months. Gabest filters are barely developed anymore.

LAV sometimes releases new versions twice a months. The developer is VERY responsive and answers/investigates every bug report.

Once it will contain a built-in audio channels mixer, it'll replace ffdshow completely on my system.

Supports many more containers and audio/video formats. Less bugs. The first open source CUDA video decoder. Supports 10bits H.264. Tons of other feature Haali and Gabest don't provide. There are numerous files that play w/ this, but not w/ its competitors. Great performance.

Haali releases a new version every few months. Gabest filters are barely developed anymore.

LAV sometimes releases new versions twice a months. The developer is VERY responsive and answers/investigates every bug report.

Once it will contain a built-in audio channels mixer, it'll replace ffdshow completely on my system.

oh cool bro. Thanks

gonna check it out :)