Longhorn Installation

I am having trouble installing longhorn 4029. I am booting off the cd it just seems to pause. Is there any other way of installing longhorn onto another partition so i can dual-boot????

Please any help is much appreciated.

have you tried the final build yet? i'm sure it will boot :ninja:

are you installing from a cd or from a folder on your hard drive? i suggest you copy the files from the cd to your hard drive, and install from there.

well you could install vmware on your machine then instead of using a physical drive as a cdrom drive tell it to use an ISO of longhorn on your hard drive and boot off that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same pause, when I boot from the CD it goes into install I specify the Raid Drivers or even when I dont it shows the install screen and stops right before it shows the first instructions and all I can see is a

(<)[capiton] and a [cancel](x) buttons on the top but I know it didnt lock up because the num lock light still responsive on the keyboard. so whats wrong? I have dual boot and am trying to install on a fresh partition.

My PC:

Gigabyte 7VRXP (VIA KT333)

XP2000+

2x256MB PC2700

2x30GB Maxtor Diamond Plus8 ATA133

LG CDR\DVD combo

Creative iNFRA 52x

NetoDragon 56k V.92

SpeedStream5200 ADSL external modem

Creative Live! X-Gamer 5.1

450W X-PC PSU

if your going to use a fresh orfirst installastion copy then backup everyrthing onto cd or if dual no need

The problem is that it is pausing.. not that tpfareavip doesn't know how :rolleyes: