American Horror Story

One of the weirdest but yet most intriguing shows if have seen on tv to date.

I wonder what the next episode will be like.

Agreed. I actually REALLY liked this first episode, but this series can be brilliant, or really bad. Definitely has the potential to be both IMO. But I truly enjoyed the first episode. Was much more warped than I thought it would be.

I got it on the DVR. Going to watch it tonight!

Is it suppose to be a drama or something? The impression I got from the commercials (and the title) was that it would be a short-story type show like Tales from the Crypt, Outer Limits, and Twilight Zone.

I got it on the DVR. Going to watch it tonight!

Is it suppose to be a drama or something? The impression I got from the commercials (and the title) was that it would be a short-story type show like Tales from the Crypt, Outer Limits, and Twilight Zone.

Looks like it is a drama actually. I was kind of hoping for the serial treatment as well (I believe that is what those kind of shows are called, one episode shows) but looks as if it is a continuous drama, hence why I said it has the potential to get really bad. :laugh:

Twilight Zone is literally my favorite TV show of all time. It boggles my mind a good similar show has not been done yet. Honestly though, that speaks to the brilliance of it IMO, it truly was a one of a kind show.

They really pushed the envelope with their pilot, that's for sure!

Though it feels more like a mini-series.

Should be interesting to see how they keep unraveling this one out...

Looks like it is a drama actually. I was kind of hoping for the serial treatment as well (I believe that is what those kind of shows are called, one episode shows) but looks as if it is a continuous drama, hence why I said it has the potential to get really bad. :laugh:

Twilight Zone is literally my favorite TV show of all time. It boggles my mind a good similar show has not been done yet. Honestly though, that speaks to the brilliance of it IMO, it truly was a one of a kind show.

yeah I remember the Outer Limits being something similar to Twilight Zone as well and that was really cool!

What a shame :(. I'll still check it out though. There hasn't been a good "serial" show in...like...decades now.

yeah I remember the Outer Limits being something similar to Twilight Zone as well and that was really cool!

I've watched a lot of Outer Limits and Tales from the Crypt. I've only seen the most "highly rated" Twilight Zone episodes and they were all really good.

What a shame :(. I'll still check it out though. There hasn't been a good "serial" show in...like...decades now.

I've watched a lot of Outer Limits and Tales from the Crypt. I've only seen the most "highly rated" Twilight Zone episodes and they were all really good.

Honestly I am biased, I am not exaggerating when I say it is my favorite show of all time, but seriously if you ever can, watch every single episode. I honestly only think about 10 are not that good, and even the bad ones are good IMO.

Truly though the reason I loved the show was it always had a deep message about humanity. There was almost always a "lesson" being told as well. It really was made for the benefit of trying to make man a better species. It had a very specific purpose. And somehow it was also very entertaining. It truly was genius as far as I am concerned.

I have not missed a New Years Marathon in I do not know how many years now. In fact, I STILL have a few episodes from the 4th of July Marathon on my DVR. Saved them just because they are my all time classic favorites.

I recently started collecting the figures. So far I have these 4...

BBP10071.jpg

BBP10050.jpg

They really are great figures. The clothing, etc., is all real cloth, etc. My only regret is not buying two of each so I could open one and display them at work like a true geek. :rofl:

Yep, I really liked the Outer Limits as well.

They really pushed the envelope with their pilot, that's for sure!

Though it feels more like a mini-series.

Should be interesting to see how they keep unraveling this one out...

They truly did. Cable TV is definitely a lot more risque than it used to be, that is for sure. I was pretty surprised at all of the

sex-masturbating scenes.

They were pretty much the most R-Rated stuff I have ever seen on cable TV.

I really think it has some serious potential. Definitely. Next week is a crucial episode IMO. It is going to dictate the flow of the rest of the series. Really looking forward to it.

last night was pretty awesome, the flashbacks at the beginning of each episode are pretty creepy.

Also the whole thing with the husband seeing the maid as her younger self is pretty weird

I just can't get into it. There were a couple of good scenes that left me

going WTF? (like the neighbor telling the maid "Don't make me kill

you again" and the her relationship to the husband- the stove scene),

but the show is moving too slow to keep me at this point. I'll give it

another episode, maybe two. But it better do something quick.

Pretty much a great second episode as well. I think it put to rest my worries of the show taking a cheesy turn. Really love the openings of each episode so far as well.

Just got done watching the second episode and I am pleasantly surprised. Not as thrilling as the first episode but still thrilling nonetheless. The pessimistic part of me says they can't keep the suspense and drama going a full season, but I hope I continue to be wrong each week. :D

holy crap, at the ending. im starting wonder now which characters are real and which are not like that dude with the messed up face, and whats the deal with the maid changing ages

holy crap, at the ending. im starting wonder now which characters are real and which are not like that dude with the messed up face, and whats the deal with the maid changing ages

Yep same here, hard to figure out who is real and who is not, but I think that is part of what makes the show so good, at least for now.

I do have a theory about the man with the face though.

I think he may actually be Ben's alter ego. All in his head. Hence the "two faces," representing the two distinct personalities.

I could be totally off there, just a theory. :laugh: