My Thoughts On The Iphone 4S

No, they just included stuff in the 4s that they didn't want to include in the 4.

Didn't realize you were in Steve Job's core 6 people that had the decision power with that kind of thing. My apologizes.

I actually think the iPhone 4S is a nice upgrade. My brother's LG Revolution takes amazing pictures, and for some reason I just can't get use to Android. But, I deciding if I want to buy the 4S or just wait 6+ more months after I finally come home from my deployment to upgrade. I went from a 3GS, 4, back to 3GS for this deployment to use a SIM card. Depending on how well it'll handle iOS 5 will depend on if I pick up the 4S.

Put it this way, if the iPhone 3Gs can run iOS5 good, not great - there's almost no need for much faster anything. Surely if you could upgrade the RAM in the 3GS it would run iOS5 better. Siri can probably run on the iPhone 3G with modifications - it's not like we weren't using dictation on Pentium 3 600mhz CPUs back in the days. The dictation software in that case wasn't that good, and that's not cuz of the CPU per say but just understanding and coding in the programs became more robust and as a result used more resources but if they knew what they know now back they would have found a way to make it work.

As someone that currently owns an iPhone 3GS I agree with what SHoTTa35 is saying. On my 3GS it runs all the apps on the app store fine (or the ones I use anyway) it feels quite fast to me. And it handles iOS 5 fine. I've pre-ordered my iPhone 4S but for me the A5 processor isn't even 1% of my decision process. For me I want that better camera, better video recording, Siri, That Retina display and WiFi hotspot support so I can share my internet to my iPad 2.