Eleven years came and went, and subscriptions giveaway!

Count me in. Never got round to purchasing a subscription, may as well try and get one for nothing first..... :)

I don't know about memories, but I did stumble upon Neowin while searching for a decent tech site. I think I was on MSFN and it just wasn't cutting it for me anymore, so found Neowin and am on here at least twice a day since. Took me a while to register though, I was a bit of a lurker until I finally decided to take the plunge!

I'm a longtime lurker. Eventually got round to registering and it's one of my most visited sites now. I might not post that much but i enjoy reading the news/forums. Already subscribed as i enjoy the 'benefits' of the BSP ;)

I found Neowin through a friend, and I spent most of the time in Jokes and Funny stuff, but I also contribute and receive help in the other areas as well!

I know neowin for a long time ... so long that I don't remember when I came here for the first time. So I tried to look at my user page and discovered that I'm register with a webmail that have now disappear :s

I found Neowin around the time that creamhackered leaked out 3 degrees, the musical Microsoft ad-on that was a big waste lol. neowin was shut down by Microsoft I think for about 24 hours, I've been lurking this site since forever, I enjoy all of the advice and articles. - and the people.

There will be a random draw of ten people who replied to this topic with their own memories of their time here, or how you found Neowin for example

I joined when I discovered AutoPatcher waaaay back in 2004, and I've been here ever since, every day (is that sad :p )

Time flies by huh? Been registered to Neowin nearly a third of my life, been really enjoying myself here since day one. I do hope that there will be renewed interest posting in the forums though, it's not as hustling and bustling as it used to be. :)

Found Neowin 10 years ago when betanews was having some site issues. Even though I don't post much, I have visted this site almost every day since I joined.

I've been a lurker here for a good few years, dating back to before the vista leaks (Neowin kept up with these nicely). Created an account around a year ago and I've been posting ever since. Not quite on the rappy level yet but who knows what can happen :p

I found Neowin back when I was still using Windows XP, I think I was trying to mod it to look different, and through Googling I stumbled upon a Neowin thread. Since then, Neowin's pretty much been my day-to-day tech site, along with Engadget. I always enjoy Neowin, and the forum threads can be pretty entertaining at times, especially the humorous ones.

I'd love to participate :D I found the place several years ago when I first started getting into Linux--I think a particular search string I entered matched a post in the Linux section here. Since then it's been my favourite go-to place for everything! Real-world news (foreign and domestic), gaming, cars, hardware, software... I finally ended up creating an account and starting to post when a friend encouraged me to, and I'm really glad I did. 'Tis why I subscribed not too long ago--wanted to give back to the site that's given me so much :)

Joined after a topic on ieXbeta linked to the Windows XP customization forums over here. Lurked for a while downloading themes made by KoL/sanctified/etc.

Hm, I wonder - am I the only one who has Neowin open in a browser tab at all times?

Very much doubt it, it's been 1 of 3 pinned tabs in my Chrome browser ever since the feature existed! ;)

I remember finding this site when I installed DesktopSidebar and Neowin was one of the pre-install rss feeds.

One of the 1st threads I remember reading was "Don't go into the woods" (or something like that). Quite a big thread with loads of spooky photos and quite an interesting storyline.

Put me into this drawing as well :) Joined a long time ago looking for good computer tech help, and the many other features this site offers just kept me coming back.

was at polytech in 2005, had a friend next to me and he was on your site, it look interesting so i jumped on and starting looking around. enjoyed what i found and stayed around!

It's been so long ('03) I don't remember how I first found NW. I do know I was really impressed with the NW style and content, which did and does match my interests perfectly. NW is the 2nd site (after CNN) I check every day. Keep it up!

Congratulations on 11 years of great things! I was a lurker for a long time and I always came back for the news and the dynamic forums. I have to get my daily fix (multiple times) of Neowin or I just don't feel right!

• Like 1

I have no clue anymore how I found neowin. But I am glad I did. 7yrs (and 3 or 4 upgrades later) I'm still here and still enjoy. Best part I think was my short stint posting news.

Been here since 2007 and I enjoy it like the first day. I found out Neowin as it was mentioned in other site I used to visit. I came here to get an answer for a networking problem I had and stayed for the great community.

I cannot believe I have been here since the beginning ... lol reminds me of that WoW achievement "what a long, strange trip it's been."

I came here after a search led me to the answer to a problem I was having with my first iMac, I tend to lurk mostly but love coming here and reading the forums.