Photo

Eleven years came and went, and subscriptions giveaway!

neowin birthday

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#31 IceDogg

IceDogg

Dead man walking

• 3,288 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:02

Count me in.. oh wait nevermind. But I love Neowin.. no really I do. I found Firefox here.. and that's just one of the many things I love online that come from here (meaning I found here or a member here told me about or helped me get into). Thanks Neowin! Many more to ya!

#32 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

Neowinian Senior

• 2,021 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:04

I actually forgot how I stumbled on to Neowin, but I do remember it was way back in 2003. Was a lurker for almost a year, before finally joining in 2004. I really enjoy reading the forum topics and posts, and have learnt a lot over the years! What I like most is the diversity of content! For example, I have discovered a lot of music and movies through Neowin!

Neowin is one of the few sites that have earned a permanent tab in my browser! :)

#33 +Heartripper

Heartripper

Neowinian

• 1,140 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:08

I joined neowin some time ago looking for some good tech newsite and forum, and i found it. :)

#34 MiniMeSorinel

MiniMeSorinel

I aim to misbehave.

• 338 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:08

Wish I would remember who helped me with an icon when I first posted here :(

#35 AdamLC

AdamLC

Neowinian

• 450 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:14

I joined seeking information about Longhorn I think! Happy times! :D

#36 MightyJordan

MightyJordan

Neowinian Senior

• 15,943 posts
  • Phone: Google Nexus 5 32GB

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:16

Well, I've been here for nearly six years now, and probably lurking for six-and-a-half thanks to Unimatrix Xero, who told me about this site. I originally signed up to get tech support, and then (once I matured a bit :p ) I eventually started contributing myself.

Nowadays, I'm mostly here for the gaming, music, sports, and jokes sections. :) Oh, and the Neobahn too. :p

#37 Symal Taneous

Symal Taneous

Neowinian

• 375 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 4S, Nexus 7

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:20

I don't even remember exactly how I first discovered Neowin. I think it might've been when I was needing some help solving a technical problem and posted on the forums, or possibly when I was looking for information on Windows Vista and I decided to stick around. Either way, I come here every day now looking for the latest news on technology in general and I still post to the forums occasionally. I don't mind the ads so much, but I would mind a Tier 2 subscription for a year :)

#38 Shaun N.

Shaun N.

Perfidious

• 5,334 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:22

Hm, I wonder - am I the only one who has Neowin open in a browser tab at all times?

I have it open from the second I get to work on a Monday to last thing on a Friday :D

#39 GenBlood

GenBlood

Neowinian

• 229 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:23

I'm not a big poster ... I mostly read ...
Most likely I'll not get selected, but as
always. To win you got to post ...

#40 spacey

spacey

Out of this world

• 2,235 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:24

Its been so long... I think I found neowin.net searching for information about some version of Windows or something waay back. Turned out it was a pretty good community of people who were knowledgeable on the subject which has of course since diversified a lot. Oddly, I don't go here so much for Windows news anymore but there is plenty of other stuff I read here so... ya, glad to be a part.

#41 Inklin

Inklin

Neowinian Senior

• 1,679 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:24

Wow this year has gone fast, It only seems like 5 minutes since Neowins 10th Birthday! I've been here for about 4.5 years now although some of that as a lurker.

found Neowin back in school around 2007. It would have normally been blocked on the school computers but when I took my own laptop into School and hooked it up I got fully uncensored internet and found this!

#42 BigDaddy

BigDaddy

Citizen Dildo

• 1,379 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:25

Count me in for the orange badge!

I joined for the awesome themes which gigapixels did back in the day and been lurking here ever since.. :)

#43 hjf288

hjf288

Korean Crazy Man!

• 2,419 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:27

Heres my intent...

But yeah Neowin is a fun place to read news, not always the fastest but its my preferred place.. and the forums can be lively :p

#44 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

• 22,400 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:29

I remember browsing this site all the time looking for more information about the Whistler beta :)

Oh and I also remember eagerly waiting for Binary to release his Watercolor theme for WinXP. Best theme for XP ever.... I used it for at least 3-4 years, it's too bad MS scrapped it for Luna...

#45 PixilEyes

PixilEyes

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• 3,632 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 12:29

Entered. Neowin - One of the few mannered places left on the net. :)

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!