V9Ufw.png

Wikipedia Page

Release Date: April 2012

I know this game isn't out yet but it doesn't say you can't create [official] topics about upcoming games, does it?

I was thinking we could discuss what we'd like to see in the sequel, what we liked/hated about the first one and so on.

Prototype 2 is an upcoming video game set for release on April 24, 2012 in North America. It is currently under development by Canadian developer Radical Entertainment and is the sequel to 2009's Prototype. Like its original, the game is set to be published by Radical Entertainment's owner, Activision. The game is set to feature a new protagonist, Sergeant James Heller as he goes on his quest to destroy the Blacklight Virus once and for all. The story is also one of revenge, as Heller wants to kill Mercer after his family was killed in the outbreak of the Blacklight Virus. Set in an open world shown in a third-person view perspective. The game was announced at the 2010 Spike VGA Awards with the tagline "Murder your Maker".

Video discussing the new combat system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pm9z5jlGQk

Largely, I thought the first one was a bit rubbish. I liked some of the ideas in it but it was really difficult to get into. I think it was released around the same time as infamous and there were comparisons made. Having played both I would say that infamous was the superior game.

I can't. Most horrendous pc port I've ever seen for a game. It was completely unplayable. Of course this one probably won't even be ported to the pc so no worries.

I can't. Most horrendous pc port I've ever seen for a game. It was completely unplayable. Of course this one probably won't even be ported to the pc so no worries.

According to Wiki it's going to be available on all 3 platforms.

Prototype was an okay game. it had potential, but pretty much every aspect seemed watered down or was missing something. A good sequel could make for a brilliant game.

The first one had a good idea behind it but it never felt like it was pushing boundaries. A second game could improve on the first; in fact, I would hope that it does. The first game on 360 felt graphically like it was a PS2 title, though I loved some of the gameplay elements. Sprinting up a building and jumping into an army helicopter was a lot of fun, even if the rest of the game was imperfect.

I enjoyed it more tha inFamous, if I'm being honest.

Same here and the game was quite playable on PC, I really enjoyed the game and somewhat of the story!

I actually really enjoyed the first one, I will be looking into this.

I bought it on pc and I had no problems with it... It actually ran very well.

I actually really enjoyed the first one, I will be looking into this.

I bought it on pc and I had no problems with it... It actually ran very well.

Same here. Much better console port than Force Unleashed *shudder*

I had no issues with the PC at all. It was perfectly playable to me, especially using a 360 controller. I know plenty of people who used kb/mouse with no issues. And frankly, if Prototype 2 failed to come to the PC there'd probably be a lot of ****ed off gamers, including me.

Same here. Much better console port than Force Unleashed *shudder*

LOL no kidding right? Although from what I have heard the console version had the same issues?

Indeed worked fine for me using mouse/kb and worked great using my 360 controller for PC.

It was a great time waster, I'll check out #2 for sure.

Maybe that's why I didn't really dig it. It seemed like more of a time waster than a game to really get into.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...