iOS 5 and iPhone 3GS; functions missing?!

I was wondering which functions and options of iOS5 - to be released Oct. 12 - are not available for the iPhone 3GS (as compared to the iPhone 4/4S)?

Which functions am I lacking with my current 3GS?

And how is the performance on a 3GS? Is it (relative) slow or an acceptable level of responsiveness?

From what I have read, you'll not get image editing (red-eye removal etc.), Siri or 'Reader' on Safari. Other than that you're mostly compatible.

I presume performance is still okay as they are selling it still. However, it is now the very budget version of the iPhone so increasingly updates will be pushing the limits.

I'm running GM and I think there's also no tabbed browsing in Safari and no location reminders. Performance seems to be the same as iOS 4 builds.

I'm running GM and I think there's also no tabbed browsing in Safari and no location reminders. Performance seems to be the same as iOS 4 builds.

There is no tabbed browsing on the iPhone 4, either. No idea if it's in the 4S.

Glad to hear not to miss lots of features (and Siri I cannot use anyway in The Netherlands).

I'm OK with not getting image editing.

I guess I'll just wait and see how iOS5 performs om my 3GS from Wednesday on.

I'm not too bothered about the missing features, it's not like they're important. Siri I can easily live without, and the same with the camera enhancements since I almost never use my 3GS' pitiful camera.

I wonder how well the jailbreak community is handling iOS 5. Really no need for anything now. I can probably live without installous and try out apps before I buy.

I'll probably still jailbreak because I like SBSettings, Folder Enhancer, and I like to use custom themes

I'll probably still jailbreak because I like SBSettings, Folder Enhancer, and I like to use custom themes

True, I enjoy SBSettings, Folder Enhancer as well. Along with MyWi. I also like 5 icons in each row, and also 5 icons on the dock.

I'm wondering if they will fold SBSettings into the Notification Center instead of having two separate drop down menus, unless they have already?

Though personally with each passing iOS update I'm finding less reasons to JB in general.

if they would just integrate the Folder Enhancer then I would no longer care about jailbreaking, but the way folders work right now in iOS is very sub-par at best

edit: for those of you that don't know what Folder Enhancer does