BlackBerry Messenger service down?

Everybody I know is complaining that the BlackBerry messenger service is down. Has anybody on here noticed. sad.png

I'm in Birmingham UK

It's been down for a wee while now. Shoddy service from RIM to be honest.

It's been down for a wee while now. Shoddy service from RIM to be honest.

Oh, come on. This is the first time I've ever even heard of BBM being down. Give them a break.

Working in the US locally but I did notice that I didn't get a reply from a friend in the UK earlier--this must be why.

This is a pretty bad time for them to have issues. Marketshare is going down, profits are going down, and now confidence in their services are going down too.

:| I almost feel bad.

I really hope they add some redundancy to prevent this from happening again.

From RIM's Blackberry Service Update page @ http://www.rim.com/newsroom/service-update.shtml

Tuesday 11th October - 21:30 (GMT+1)

The messaging and browsing delays that some of you are still experiencing were caused by a core switch failure within RIM’s infrastructure. Although the system is designed to failover to a back-up switch, the failover did not function as previously tested. As a result, a large backlog of data was generated and we are now working to clear that backlog and restore normal service as quickly as possible. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused to many of you and we will continue to keep you informed.

They have redundancy but it failed. D'oh!

That's very unfortunate. On the bright side, BBM seems to be working for me. I can see recent updates and my messages are going through. :)

Everything's working for me except for email and web browsing, as of this morning. BBM, texting, phone calls, and about half my apps work fine. Odd how it's affecting different parts of the service for everyone.

Everything's working for me except for email and web browsing, as of this morning. BBM, texting, phone calls, and about half my apps work fine. Odd how it's affecting different parts of the service for everyone.

Right now, the only issue I have is with sending emails. :(