What time will iOS5 update will be available?

Probably around the morning hours.

You can also obtain the GM now already if you don't mind a leak.

Not going to say HOW, but it's possible, in case this is time-critical.

Glassed Silver:mac

After 10:00 AM Cupertino Time.

Other major iOS updates were released on or around that time also.

For me it's 8:00 PM in Europe.

So for those of us that have GM build........ Will we still get the update notification of the Final tomorrow or will we have to do something special to get the official update?

So for those of us that have GM build........ Will we still get the update notification of the Final tomorrow or will we have to do something special to get the official update?

If the build released tomorrow is the same as the GM Build than you dont need to do anything you are on the final release. If tomorrow comes and the build is different that you will have to do a restore to be on the official release. Either way tomorrow if you want to make sure you are using the official release just do a restore. its all up to you. hope this helps! :)

Let's say not soon enough :p

Hell yeah!

Seriously, just bring it already, it's baked, it's fresh and it's delicious, now out it goes!

In Germany people start receiving their 4S devices either way, so why hold back. Geez! :D

Well on a serious note, I really have a tough time waiting for iOS5 and iCloud.

Why don't I just sleep till then so the time passes more quickly? :D

Oh and: Anyone seen an untethered JB so far?

If so, is it by a proper group?

Thanks! ;) Unfortunately I still need the JB for some jack sh*t, but I like how I could remove quite some of my cydia stuff already in preparation for iOS5 from my "to install" list :)

I'm running both iOS5 and OSX 10.7.2. I'm really loving the icloud features, being able to sync with ical and my address book. I'm also runing Itunes 10.5 beta 9, and I'm enjoying iTunes match as well. There are a few sites that are online that have the GM builds of both of these. I'm not posting links, but you can search online for imzdl and look there.

Yes. iOS 5 REQUIRES either: iTunes 10.5 beta 7 (if you are running windows or macs) or iTunes 10.5 beta 9 with iTunes match (for macs only). You may need to put your phone into DFU mode (hold home+power for 10-15 seconds until the sync with iTunes logo appears)

Will we get iOS5, iTunes 10.5 and OSX 10.7.2 all at the same time? iUpdate day tomorrow :)

Cant wait to convert my MobileMe account, i think we get 25GB space. :)

s***!!!

i guess it is time to upgrade my 3G to 4GS.

Damn right.

You will want to either way :p

In other news, iTunes 10.5 released.

Get it now. :)

I always thought iOS 5 was due tomorrow …

I guess I will reinstall it when it’s out, because my 3GS always crashes when I’m going in Safari bookmarks. And I always have a high data consumption when enabling iCloud, which results in a costly phone bill and a battery that doesn’t last more than 45 minutes.

Other than that, it’s a solid update, but those two bugs alone are a real turn off for me unfortunately.

Will we get iOS5, iTunes 10.5 and OSX 10.7.2 all at the same time? iUpdate day tomorrow :)

Cant wait to convert my MobileMe account, i think we get 25GB space. :)

You only get 5GB free I think

You only get 5GB free I think

Yes. 5GB is for documents only though. Everything else doesn’t count and is free. So in the end you get… well, a varying size, based on what you have :p

It’s better than the 2GB Dropbox gives us. But I still can’t switch to iCloud because Dropbox was there before and its user base is incredibly huge - everyone I know is on that. Also, I’m not even sure we can share folders on iCloud.

Does iOS 5 run smoother on the 3GS than iOS 4? Or does it make it slower?

It doesn’t make it slower, as there is no new feature in iOS 5 that consumes more processing power, as opposed to when multitasking was introduced.

However, it doesn’t feel faster. Maybe Safari is faster though, we’ve seen that in the benchmarks this morning.

Oh, I was whining the other day that the Facebook app was always crashing like hell on iOS 5. They introduced Facebook app v4 yesterday, and it’s incredibly good. I’ve used it intensively and had two small crashes so far, but it has nothing to do with the previous one crashing right on start.

Don't expect 5 to be earth shattering. I'm running it and other than the notifications it feels like v4

True. Especially on a 3GS. The new features are, most of the time, something unnoticeable to the eye. Like more optimized Safari, iCloud, new APIs, Siri if you have a phone that doesn’t support it…

Thanks... I was going to upgrade anyway, but glad to know it'll run the same as iOS 4. It's a bit sluggish already... Looking forward to the 4S in a few weeks.