[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

It's back up, guys. Hurry up and try.

@ dhan: No, it means you successfully registered. Major Nelson said the program's going to have a massive amount of participants, so I wouldn't worry too much.

yea, I thought so. I've never been able to get into one of these. :(

Can those who get in talk about it at all or are you all going to get slapped with a NDA?

I'll hold off, I mean it's probably coming in a month or so.

Yeah, Nov 15th or 25th are the 2 dates I've heard floating round the interwebs

Since I signed up yesterday my console will not connect to XBL, my girlfriends console in the other room connects no problem...

So what's the deal with this? Is it a beta version of what we're getting in November? Or is it the actually thing everyone will get, but an early preview?

If it is a beta, will we get another update in November to the final version which everyone gets?

Since I signed up yesterday my console will not connect to XBL, my girlfriends console in the other room connects no problem...

Can you sign into your account on your GF's Xbox? I can't see how signing up could do this somehow. The update hasn't even been rolled out yet as they havn't asked for our console serials.

I doubt it has to do with the registration. They haven't done anything with the accounts yet because you haven't had to give your console's ID code yet, so I really don't see how it could have impacted your console.

I get an error when I try to sign up for this :(

"The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

If this error continues, click the Help link at the top of the page to report the issue and include this error ID in your e-mail: 32f5b9da-1556-4b27-9d01-d08d530b5734 "

Check you dashboards ;)

Update 10/17/2011

Last week we registered everyone into the Connect Site to get you "onboarded" to the program, but there are still several steps to go to get you fully up and running and we will be communicating that to you over the next week or so.

We still need to do the administrative work to get your GamerTag registered to the Private Forums and of course provide you with the instructions on how to register your Console(s). Those details are coming out very soon, until then, know that you are "IN" for the Fall 2011 Xbox LIVE Update Preview program and we are ecstatic to have you on board!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can I tell others that I am in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program?

A. Yes, you can tell people you are in, but sharing specific information about the program is a violation of the program agreement.

Q. When do I register my console information?

A. Soon, we will provide the instructions on how to register your console as soon as our administrative steps are done on our side. Look for updates via this portal.

Q. I provided incorrect information in the registration survey, can I fix it?

A. We will provide you an opportunity to update critical information such as your GamerTag details (gets you access to the Private Forums) in the next day or so, all other information is used for analysis purposes on our end and should not impact your ability to participate in the program.

SO wait the update comes out today??

No. You haven't even given them your console's ID yet, so it can't come out -- the previews are always tied to your console ID.

No. You haven't even given them your console's ID yet, so it can't come out -- the previews are always tied to your console ID.

Nelson said they are not doing Console ID anymore, they are doing some new way that he didnt get much into

Nelson said they are not doing Console ID anymore, they are doing some new way that he didnt get much into

No he didn't.

For those familiar with previous registrations for our program, we have a new model for registering your consoles this year. The new model is a more automated process that should make it easier for you. We will not ask you to type in your console information upon initial registration; once you are approved to participate in the program, look for details on our portal about how to register your console.

They won't ask you during the initiation registration, which we've already done. He didn't say anything about after you're accepted.

There's been another announcement on the connect page.

IMPORTANT!!!

It has come to our attention that some of our Public Preview participants are receiving erroneous e-mail information, not sent from the program, instructing them to click on a link to take the next steps to register their console. This is FALSE information and users should not follow any e-mail instructions. All of our instructions for the program will be hosted on this portal available only to those that are registered into the program.

ACTION: Please delete any e-mails you've received that give you instructions on next steps as they are not from the program and could render your registration in a declined state.

For those impacted, we are working to address the situation as quickly as possible and get them reinstated into the program.