[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

Posted today, to bad when you click the link the page is not found...

**ACCESS TODAY**ACCESS TODAY**ACCESS TODAY**

PRIVATE FORUMS -- Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program

Connect with others in the program today: (Login to your dashboard for link)

Who Can Access:

As a registered member of the Public Preview Program, these forums are now available for you to discuss the program with others that are also registered. These are restricted forums so people outside of the preview program will not be able to access the content. The GamerTag that you used to register into the program is the only authorized participant.

Frequently Asked Question:

Q. Why can't I access the Private Forum link above?

A. The Private Forums require us to use the GamerTag you provided during program registration. Make sure you are using that GamerTag.

If you are still unable to access it, likely there was a typo when you submitted it or you'd never previously accessed the regular xbox.com forums. Below are some steps to get you fixed up:

1. Log into xbox.com and post in the standard forums so that you create a presence within the forums

2. Resubmit your GamerTag via the survey section on Connect

Once submitted it takes ~5 business days for us to update the permissions for you to access the Private Forums

This is all I get when I click the link and when I try going to Community>Forums it just sits there and never loads. I have not been able to load the forums in months.... This link just does not work for me http://forums.xbox.com/

426795031.PNG

its working for me , maybe they are slowly rolling it out , you could always check to see if you entered your gamertag right on the survey.

its working for me , maybe they are slowly rolling it out , you could always check to see if you entered your gamertag right on the survey.

It's right, I have not been able to access the forums for as long as I can remember. Every time I try to go there from the main site it just sits their and says it loads and never shows up. Only site I have problems with.

Check you dashboards ;)

Update 10/17/2011

"...but sharing specific information about the program is a violation of the program agreement"

Not sure if that's a public FAQ or not, but don't you think that copying and pasting entire sections of the Connect website to a public forum falls under the category of "specific information about the program"? :-)

Not really sharing anything that is public knowledge, I have not shared any links or program specific details about the dashboard update so I will have to say no. ;)

I'd have to disagree. I'd say information from the private connect portal definitely falls into the category "specific information about the program" :)

Who cares though, chances are they won't even notice. Just don't be copying anything else and pasting it here or you'll face the wrath of the evil minions of Microsoft :)

Not really sharing anything that is public knowledge, I have not shared any links or program specific details about the dashboard update so I will have to say no. ;)

The updates aren't public knowledge, even if you don't include the links. Microsoft has kicked people out of the updates before (removed their connection abilities), so I wouldn't recommend it.

Does the new dashboard do anything new with the Network selection? I connect between two different wireless networks and it's a hassle having to retype the password in everytime I make a switch. Why can't there be a checkbox for it to remember it?

But then wouldn't owning the xbox, be new? lol.

yes though after I was done playing with the OS, i wouldn't want it anymore. I borrowed a friends to play with the OS and gave it back the next day lol

Does the new dashboard do anything new with the Network selection? I connect between two different wireless networks and it's a hassle having to retype the password in everytime I make a switch. Why can't there be a checkbox for it to remember it?

We cannot discuss anything during the preview program, plus we still have not been registered to get the update. Still waiting for them to get our console IDs so they can push the update. ;)

We cannot discuss anything during the preview program, plus we still have not been registered to get the update. Still waiting for them to get our console IDs so they can push the update. ;)

The program is no longer depending on a console ID, but on your gamertag instead. And yes, people are already registered for the update if they can access the private forums on Xbox.com (go to the connect site, you should be able to navigate from there) ;)

The program is no longer depending on a console ID, but on your gamertag instead. And yes, people are already registered for the update if they can access the private forums on Xbox.com (go to the connect site, you should be able to navigate from there) ;)

They've never stated that. See my posts on the previous pages. Console IDs weren't used in the sign-up process to make the process easier. That doesn't mean we don't have to input them to get the update later on.

actually when they are ready we will have to enter console id's. its in one of the pages on the connect site.

Check the Connect website, because you'll have a new message to say whether you were a successful entrant or not. Good luck everyone. :)

Over the next few weeks? It's been over two weeks since this started! Seems to me that the only reason they're doing this is to have fewer consoles to update at once come the release day. It's a bit underwhelming :(