[update] New Xbox Dashboard preview now avaiable

Its downloading here for me in the UK... well, attempting to download anyway.

I'm sad now :( I tried restarting/dashboarding. I'll just leave it for a bit.

It's quite nice... TV isn't live yet, and I don't think it's as nice as the previous dashboard... it looks like it renders in 720p, whereas I'm sure the previous rendered in 1080p. It certainly looks a tad blurrier >.<

It was certainly easier to explore a lot more without digging deeper into options in the last dashboard. I'm sure they could have gotten that one to work with Kinect too .__.

I'm sad now :( I tried restarting/dashboarding. I'll just leave it for a bit.

run an xbox live connection test some times you need to do that for it to trigger.

Played with it for about 15 minutes. Looks good. I haven't used the ESPN app in a while, but the new one is pretty nice, as well as the Zune app. I'm more curious about the TV apps though.

Damn, the only time I can't access my Xbox and the dashboard rolls out, FFUUUUU. Oh well, another two hours and it'll be mine :D gollum.jpg

+999999 :(

I am not getting the download in Canada. Added my code for the update over a week ago so I should be getting it.

I am not getting the download in Canada. Added my code for the update over a week ago so I should be getting it.

try running an xbox live connection test it should trigger the download prompt.

whoa...native MKV support!!! let me repeat that, native EM.KAY.VEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

MKV with H.264/AC3 plays just nicely!

What, WHAT?! Where? How?! TELL MEEEEEEEEEE!

whoa...native MKV support!!! let me repeat that, native EM.KAY.VEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

MKV with H.264/AC3 plays just nicely!

Not true. Doesn't recognize mkv files on a flash drive still. If you are streaming from Windows Media Center, your PC is still doing the decoding.

Not true. Doesn't recognize mkv files on a flash drive still. If you are streaming from Windows Media Center, your PC is still doing the decoding.

Aww. Hopes got up for nothing :( WMC is so slow on my 360 playing content from my network drive (also have to remove/add the computer else WMC locks up when I return to it alter). I just use the HDMI from my PC because it's so much trouble.

IMPORTANT REMINDER: The Xbox LIVE Preview Program is confidential. Please don?t disclose, share, or discuss preview program materials, except as allowed in the Xbox LIVE Preview Program Agreement. Specifically, please:

?
DO NOT Blog
about the pre-release materials.

?
DO NOT Post pictures, screenshots, or video clips
of the beta materials.

?
DO NOT Discuss
the pre-release materials, in discussion forums, emails, or podcasts.

?
DO NOT Talk with the media or press
about the pre-release materials. This includes bloggers, newspaper reporters, and television reporters.

The more I use it, the more I don't like certain aspects of it. :/ not happy, hopefully it improves over next few days/weeks.